What do other drivers think of Austin Dillon

Cholo

Team Owner
Most fans hate the guy but for those more connected to the sport I'd love to know what other drivers think of him.

Also curious how Kurt Busch is seen in the garage now - he seems like such a happy dude now wonder if it's changed any of the other driver dynamics with him.

Kurt's problem was with the media mostly.
He has always been a great driver.
If he seems happier these days,check out his wife. They seem to make a big difference. LOL

I would imagine that Kurt is pretty well-respected around the garage by now, but your guess is as good as mine.

Some of his old team-mates at SHR had some unfavorable things to say about him, though. Kevin Harvick springs to mind. He once said that "there are meltdowns over in the 41 camp pretty frequently" or something to that effect.

Guy is an Xfinity/Truck champ and has won the Daytona 500 and Coke 600. Why everyone craps on him is beyond me, people act like he’s Natalie Decker

Interesting a Biffle fan would bring this up. I wanted him to win all three Championships. Now it is in the hands of Austin Dillon and RCR.

Indifferent...Austin is a good driver that will contend for a win or two each season and get your team to the playoffs.

I really don't pay much attention to Dillion(s) myself. Don't have much of an opinion either way.

Can you imagine Cale Yarborough ‘dabbing’ after a win?

Cale could occasionally sweat a dab
902_400x400.jpg

Not to be confused with LeeRoy
6victorylane.jpg

Fans should've removed the hallowed "3" off that car after that cringeworthy Daytona "Dab". :oops:o_O

I'm not a hipster, I wasn't on the RCR Celebration Committee, I never saw it coming...

It seems to me that he just tries to hard to be cool. May have a short man complex as well.

I agree with this impression and don't find him likable. I also saw him and his brother drive dirt late models and modifieds on their way up, and I know they can wheel a race car. Austin also had several impressive runs in 2018 on intermediate tracks when the cars were quite challenging to drive faster than the competition. He's capable.

As for the original question about what other drivers think of him, I don't know, and it doesn't appear anyone else does either. Outside of the superspeedway carnage jamborees, he appears to keep his nose pretty clean most of the time and doesn't overdrive his equipment.

I think a lot of drivers know that Austin & Ty aren't complete hack jobs, after all Austin had a pretty successful stint in NXS & Trucks, and Ty wasn't a complete slouch, but they aren't Harvick or Earnhardt either.

I had no idea what a "DAB" or DABBING was until this thread.
But back to the thread question, He won the 500 by wrecking someone, he won the coke 600 on fuel mileage. When he runs up front all race and contends for a win straight up, I might change my view of the all Hat No Cows kid.

Kinda the story of RCR since Harvick left and why Childress is moving the sun and moon to hang on to Reddick. He needs a driver bad.

Dunno about Austin, but his brother came off decent in one of the rain interviews.

The guy who drives Harvick's old scraps.

He’s the Hobo Hobbit, don’t especially like him but don’t dislike him either.

You want to diss somebody find the nitwit who thinks baby crap green on the 3 looks good.

He won the 500 by wrecking someone, he won the coke 600 on fuel mileage.
Don’t forget winning an Xfinity championship without winning a race, and only winning that because NASCAR stretched out the last caution at Homestead a ridiculously long time in a situation where they probably should have thrown the red, so “the iconic #3” could win the title.

Back
Top Bottom