What Do you Think of the New Package?

I can ask the same about the supposed "better racing " back in the day. They got strung out in every race and 1-8 cars ended up on the lead lap. You let that happen now and people would lose their minds.

Apples and oranges. We now have wave arounds, lucky dogs, double file restarts, stage cautions, much faster pit stops, and several other factors that you are dismissing in your simplistic comparison.

Apples and oranges. We now have wave arounds, lucky dogs, double file restarts, stage cautions, much faster pit stops, and several other factors that you are dismissing in your simplistic comparison.
I wouldn't call it simplistic, over the years, most of it was instituted to help the racing be more exciting or for safety concerns.

I wouldn't call it simplistic, over the years, most of it was instituted to help the racing be more exciting or for safety concerns.

Yes, I understand that. And for the record, I don't think the racing is bad this year, and I certainly didn't think it was bad last year. But it's annoying when folks try and diminish how good the racing was "back in the day" when the circumstances were completely different.

If I need to explain something to you I would be as simplistic as possible. Believe that

Yes, I understand that. And for the record, I don't think the racing is bad this year, and I certainly didn't think it was bad last year. But it's annoying when folks try and diminish how good the racing was "back in the day" when the circumstances were completely different.
Of course it was different and I never diminished it, simply stated a fact you cant deal with.

well that's how it was in certain periods of Nascar racing over the years. that's why "We now have wave arounds, lucky dogs, double file restarts, stage cautions, much faster pit stops, and several other factors" (from your post) I agree, that won't fly today, some heads were exploding over Dover and it is a track that historically is single file racing whatever they do to try to help it not be so.

well that's how it was in certain periods of Nascar racing over the years. that's why "We now have wave arounds, lucky dogs, double file restarts, stage cautions, much faster pit stops, and several other factors" (from your post) I agree, that won't fly today, some heads were exploding over Dover and it is a track that historically is single file racing whatever they do to try to help it not be so.
I was too simplistic in my explanation, you are far more eloquent. ;)

I was too simplistic in my explanation, you are far more eloquent. ;)

@AdoubleU24 made a fair point about the racing this year vs the racing last year. If you guys feel like twisting that into some meaningless comparison to the racing 20 or 30 years ago, knock yourselves out. Obviously, you completely missed the point he was trying to make.

@AdoubleU24 made a fair point about the racing this year vs the racing last year. If you guys feel like twisting that into some meaningless comparison to the racing 20 or 30 years ago, knock yourselves out. Obviously, you completely missed the point he was trying to make.

might be because he and you among others have looked for every excuse to find something wrong with the racing this year ya think? now it's too many restarts.:p(as long as you are having a problem with our posts.) One of the well publicized statements by Nascar was that fans didn't like single file strung out racing..did ya get the memo? Like I have said, it is going to be a long year for those that thought last year was just fine and no changes were necessary because it was a done deal long ago. So keep complaining, it's your opinion, and us guys who think the racing experiment is reaping mixed results more positive than negative will continue also.

might be because he and you among others have looked for every excuse to find something wrong with the racing this year ya think? (as long as you are having a problem with our posts.) One of the well publicized statements by Nascar was that fans didn't like single file strung out racing..did ya get the memo? Like I have said, it is going to be a long year for those that thought last year was just fine and no changes were necessary because it was a done deal long ago. So keep complaining, it's your opinion, and us guys who think the racing experiment is reaping mixed results more positive than negative will continue also.

Apparently you have me confused with someone else. If you can tell me where I've been searching for excuses to slam this year's racing, I'm all ears.

Apparently you have me confused with someone else. If you can tell me where I've been searching for excuses to slam this year's racing, I'm all ears.
yeah ya got me there, I did have you confused with someone else. I apologize for the confusion. On the other hand, I am not twisting the racing like it was 20 25 years ago I believe you were confused there.

yeah ya got me there, I did have you confused with someone else. I apologize for the confusion. On the other hand, I am not twisting the racing like it was 20 25 years ago I believe you were confused there.

Generally speaking, the majority of the action happens immediately following a restart. The new rules package hasn't changed that. That's the point of discussion. The only one confused is @Spotter22 who has to argue anything and everything with irrelevant BS.

Generally speaking, the majority of the action happens immediately following a restart. The new rules package hasn't changed that. That's the point of discussion. The only one confused is @Spotter22 who has to argue anything and everything with irrelevant BS.
Reading comprehension is your friend.

I thought the point was that the racing intervals was all that has changed, and if it wasn't for restarts. I could write a paragraph as to why it is different. For instance Larson gutting it out at full speed and repassing KDB while on his door in a corner is something you didn't see last year. There was a desperation move in which Larson slammed KDB into the wall last year at Chicago in comparison. Fans hungry for action rated that race high. Much more action this year IMO.

How ironic.

Read Adub's post again, then read your reply to him, and explain how it's relevant to his comment.
One they get strung out, what is different about what we're seeing vs. last year? They're strung out by a lesser margin? Ok.

I can ask the same about the supposed "better racing " back in the day. They got strung out in every race and 1-8 cars ended up on the lead lap. "You let that happen now and people would lose their minds." Last sentence was key to the point.

What I learned Saturday: If you like restarts (NASCAR is obsessed with them), then this is the package for you.

Nearly every crucial or exciting moment we saw the other night was during or immediately following a late restart while the cars were still bunched. This includes The Open races. One they get strung out, what is different about what we're seeing vs. last year? They're strung out by a lesser margin? Ok.
Some of the drivers also alluded to this...

“I honestly don’t feel like it was any different,” William Byron said of the package. “I think it was just the circumstance of how many restarts there were and how intense this race is.”

“You can’t really pass after it gets strung out, so you’ve got two or three laps to be as aggressive you possibly can be,” Aric Almirola said. “If you check out of the throttle for just the slightest little bit, they go by you three and four-wide. It’s crazy. It’s all about momentum.”

https://jeffgluck.com/the-top-five-breaking-down-the-all-star-race/

Some of the drivers also alluded to this...
“I honestly don’t feel like it was any different,” William Byron said of the package. “I think it was just the circumstance of how many restarts there were and how intense this race is.”

https://jeffgluck.com/the-top-five-breaking-down-the-all-star-race/

Ol Gluck misquoting as usual :p
William Byron – finished 9th“We had a good car.
(Do you think NASCAR will use this package in the future?) Yeah, I honestly don’t feel like it was any different. I think it was just the circumstance of how many restarts there were and how intense this race is. I think the cars have been racy all year and I feel like a little racier before tonight, but it’s hard to tell, honestly. We were able to pass cars, which was good.”

I never said in those years the racing was better, it just seemed people were happier with on the on track product then. I myself prefer what we had then to now, but I still haven’t decided if I hate this current package. My question was how would things be with low downforce high horsepower?
Why do you have to change both?? Change "One thing" and see the results before trying anything else. The only time high HP makes a difference is if one team has more than the others. Low downforce is great for rivers who love a loose car.(JJ) Same with high downforce
for others (JG) Two drivers from the same team with different cars.
So for me, what is really needed is a car that doesn't have high downforce and yet it also
isn't very low downforce and add to that about 650-700 HP. Equip the cars with tires that can NOT make an entire fuel run but don't blow out either.

Why do you have to change both?? Change "One thing" and see the results before trying anything else. The only time high HP makes a difference is if one team has more than the others. Low downforce is great for rivers who love a loose car.(JJ) Same with high downforce
for others (JG) Two drivers from the same team with different cars.
So for me, what is really needed is a car that doesn't have high downforce and yet it also
isn't very low downforce and add to that about 650-700 HP. Equip the cars with tires that can NOT make an entire fuel run but don't blow out either.
So 2016 with 50 less horsepower? Nobody liked that either.

sure
iu

Geeeeezz ........ I can remember when watching Dale Earnhardt race ANY damned thing was plenty good enough for me !! no tinkering needed

The current Xfinity package is superior to the current Cup package, in so far as this is a package discussion.

Back
Top Bottom