What Do you Think of the New Package?

Ol Kyle seems to do great with similar packages in the trucks and Xfinity and is always talking about how fast his Yota was while in victory lane. Some, not knowing that KDB changes like a chameleon depending on his finishing position one takes what he says with a grain of salt. Evening up the competition and ruining their party, Harvick and Busch are predictable. Nascar seems to have hired some sharp aero engineers that have defeated most of the runaway in clean air advantages. Boo who they have to race their butts off now. and thanks Jim France and crew.

As has been mentioned many times, Kyle Busch has slammed rules packages and cars from Victory Lane. He may be an insufferable jerk, but dishonest he is not.

The fact that he is a great momentum racer should make his disdain for it at the Cup level more meaningful.

After Pocono....this package still sucks.
Well... as I said in the rate the race thread, the other races I have gotten to see up until now were actually good.

I would have had more entertainment watching a bass tournament today though.

last year the winner won by 2.5 seconds what is the excuse for that?
What's wrong with that? I'm more interested in whether or not a faster car can make up time, pull up, and pass.
It's my opinion that more horse power would help with that but I am not claiming to be omniscient on all things Nascar.

since when is Pocono noted for passing is what I want to know.
Pocono isn't exactly noted for barn burner races and photo finishes. It has a lot to do with how the cautions fall, race strategies, etc. 4 out of the last 6 races were won by over a second or more over second place.
D8Fnp93WsAEs_hu.png:large

Yeah winning by over 2 1/2 second makes all of the highlight reels. o_O
Pocono despite all of the yap about the super long straightaways is all about running the single lane corners properly. The track didn't do squat to help any of that.
Hamlin has a couple of either or ideas.

The Xfinity cars that ran that fine race yesterday have about 650 HP and less downforce than the Cup cars. They are only using their plate and aero duct high DF package at Indy.

It’s obvious from driver comments after the race that the drivers aren’t happy with the current package.

I don't mind the1.5ers. Though I'd prefer the old packages for sure. I personally feel like they've produced decent races for pretty much all of those. But the package has failed to produce everywhere else.

I don't mind the1.5ers. Though I'd prefer the old packages for sure. I personally feel like they've produced decent races for pretty much all of those. But the package has failed to produce everywhere else.
I still don’t understand NASCAR’s motivation, the racing last year was awesome overall.

"It's definitely less challenging than it's ever been, but those are the rules NASCAR wants" is the money quote there for me.

Yep and now we have 3 guy's with 10 wins between them this season not in love with it. Darn complainers.

sniff sniff. 6 different winners at the half way point. I believe that is more than last year at this point in the season. I guess they should hand out participation trophy's

To be fair Harvick’s car had damage. The Impala was a far better car than the Camaro up to this point.
here is the Blaney win, another single car parade with Harvick behind. A popular win, Blaney's first, but the race wasn't stellar by any means. Pretty much the same strung out single line parade thru the corners.

sniff sniff. 6 different winners at the half way point. I believe that is more than last year at this point in the season. I guess they should hand out participation trophy's
There were exactly six different winners at this point in the 2018 season.

This is a bizarre thing to pivot to, but no, there were the same number of winners last year as of the Pocono race. Last year was when some were whining about how only a few teams were dominating and something must be done to allow others to catch up.

Back
Top Bottom