What Do you Think of the New Package?

Loop Data from Charlotte's. Could be a mis-print about on track passes for the lead. I'm sure somebody will be able to explain it.

upload_2019-5-27_11-40-16.png

Of course Rodney wants that now. He ran well with it on the car.

Agree the All-Star race was fine but also a lot of restarts and the 4 had their best intermediate car of the year so far so what else is Rodney supposed to support/say

Green Flag Passes for the lead stats so far. from Jayski

2019gfpl.png
So does this only count them at the start finish line, or does it count them at any point on the track? This package causes a huge stall-out when two cars get side by side, because the side draft is way more effective. So one will nose ahead, get side drafted, and fall back behind, and repeat. I can't help but think that factors in.

The base package features a taller rear spoiler, a larger front splitter with 2-inch overhang and a wider radiator pan. On tracks more than 1-mile in distance, tapered spacers are used to reduce horsepower and on most intermediate tracks front aero ducts have also been incorporated.

The statistical difference is striking:

• Through the first 13 races, there have been 513 green-flag passes for the lead compared to 330 at this point last season (an increase of 55.5 percent).
  • Three of the 13 races have produced record-setting green-flag passes for the lead – Las Vegas, Bristol, Tenn., and Kansas.
  • Nine of the 13 races have seen an increase in green-flag passes throughout the field.
  • The average number of “official” lead changes (made at the start/finish line) per race is 19.92, compared to an average of 16.5 last season.
I think if I were to create an ‘exhibit A’ of what we wanted the package to create it would be the last restart at the Coca-Cola 600 when Martin Truex Jr. went four-wide to take the lead. Those are the kind of moments we were trying to create with this package.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/new-aero-rules-not-a-magic-bullet/4403818/

So does this only count them at the start finish line, or does it count them at any point on the track? This package causes a huge stall-out when two cars get side by side, because the side draft is way more effective. So one will nose ahead, get side drafted, and fall back behind, and repeat. I can't help but think that factors in.
I asked this a while back, it's misleading. Especially if you're going by the multiple scoring loops around the track, that nosing out in front of one another is getting counted. That's the only way you're going to get ridiculous numbers like we're seeing.

yeah that has to be it. Comparing like statics of measurement to like statics of measurement isn't an accurate way of doing it

The new package is outstanding. Tremendous racing, and the drivers have to figure this thing out. Love it.

The new package is outstanding. Tremendous racing, and the drivers have to figure this thing out. Love it.
There's nothing to figure out. Flat foot it and keep momentum. That's why guys like Larson are three-laning it on the backstretch like madmen on restarts because the second you get stuck behind someone half a mph slower than you, you lose 3 spots.

That's not tremendous racing. It's position your vehicle and hope for the best.

The last 2 races of Kansas and the 600 surpassed my expectations from a pure entertainment casual viewer standpoint.

However, the ultimate game of chicken in not lifting and hunting for a place to go, still remains not my preference.

Agreed

200 more HP, 3” spoiler, 1/4” front splitter...
Passing someone because they stalled out in the wake from the car in front of them isn’t exciting.

Still not a fan of this package at all. The only decent races thus far have been Martinsville and Talladega in my opinion. Last year's package up to this point was phenomenal, but this was the time when it quickly went downhill. Hopefully the converse is true with this package.

they can keep the huge 8 inch rear spoiler,
but allow the pit crew to adjust the angle during pit stops,
with a big hammer.

“Those are the kind of moments we were trying to create with this package.”

It sounds awful if you say it out loud.

Why? I mean lol growing up going to sprint car races they manipulate the track as much as possible to create a certain racing style. Some pretty much completely remove the cushion to slick it out

Why? I mean lol growing up going to sprint car races they manipulate the track as much as possible to create a certain racing style. Some pretty much completely remove the cushion to slick it out
The post you quoted was in reference to an innuendo

There's nothing to figure out. Flat foot it and keep momentum. That's why guys like Larson are three-laning it on the backstretch like madmen on restarts because the second you get stuck behind someone half a mph slower than you, you lose 3 spots.

That's not tremendous racing. It's position your vehicle and hope for the best.

Exactly why Kyle Busch and Adam Stevens are talking platform, mechanical grip, car swinging from loose to tight, etc.....Okay, nothing to figure out. Got it.

Exactly why Kyle Busch and Adam Stevens are talking platform, mechanical grip, car swinging from loose to tight, etc.....Okay, nothing to figure out. Got it.

running less that 3 mph slower with tons of drag and less horsepower..nothin to it right? :p The cars just turn themselves with one finger.

Back
Top Bottom