What Do you Think of the New Package?

The racing was great last year. The sport was making a comeback in terms of a quality, on-track racing product.
For some reason they decided that wasn’t good enough and changes were needed. :confused:
Take me about 2 seconds to go find a thread from last year with everyone bitching about the racing. "Cant pass" Aero push" "Dirty air", all of the usual catch phrases.

Take me about 2 seconds to go find a thread from last year with everyone bitching about the racing. "Cant pass" Aero push" "Dirty air", all of the usual catch phrases.
The racing was better last year, at least the races that I watched.
They’re going in the wrong direction with the racecar.

The racing was great last year. The sport was making a comeback in terms of a quality, on-track racing product.
For some reason they decided that wasn’t good enough and changes were needed. :confused:

anybody can say the racing was great last year, but coming from a guy who repeatedly says he hasn't watched the racing in years ? :D:D:p

I'm confused with what people want. I'll tell you this, the racing in the years you mentioned isnt any better then what we see today yet somehow its better? Not.
I never said in those years the racing was better, it just seemed people were happier with on the on track product then. I myself prefer what we had then to now, but I still haven’t decided if I hate this current package. My question was how would things be with low downforce high horsepower?

The racing was better last year, at least the races that I watched.
They’re going in the wrong direction with the racecar.
Harvick won Dover last year by 7.5 seconds. So yeah it was a "better" race. :confused:

I never said in those years the racing was better, it just seemed people were happier with on the on track product then. I myself prefer what we had then to now, but I still haven’t decided if I hate this current package. My question was how would things be with low downforce high horsepower?
Lower downforce and more HP would be closer to what we had last year.

Harvick won Dover last year by 7.5 seconds. So yeah it was a "better" race. :confused:
I’m not concerned about the margin at the finish line, I’m concerned about the overall on-track product spanning the entire race.
If you’re worried about the win margin, why not just tune in for the final stooge, er....uh, I mean, stage?

@Spotter22

From MSN Sports:
“...Checkered flag. Martin Truex Jr. ran away with the victory Monday at Dover with a winning margin of more than nine seconds over second-place Alex Bowman...”

I’m not concerned about the margin at the finish line, I’m concerned about the overall on-track product spanning the entire race.
If you’re worried about the win margin, why not just tune in for the final stooge, er....uh, I mean, stage?
I'm not worried about it, making a point and the point is, its Dover.

@Spotter22

From MSN Sports:
“...Checkered flag. Martin Truex Jr. ran away with the victory Monday at Dover with a winning margin of more than nine seconds over second-place Alex Bowman...”
Right, thats why I said 2018 was a "better" race #sarcasm

I am so damn tired of the words "good racing" and "on track product." I find it fascinating that MTJ was 9.5 seconds than anybody else coming from last place. I pray that NASCAR doesn't change a thing. They will figure it out, or go race Indy or something. I couldn't give a ****. This was a rare race that I had to follow from work. So, I kept up with what was going on, but didn't watch intensely until I got home. Know what? It looked like pretty much any other race which is fine with me. Keep bitching about the package. Plays right into MTJ's wheelhouse.

Every race is being looked at and critiqued by NASCAR. We are 12 races in and if modifications need to be made Im sure NASCAR wont be against it. With that being said, you dont need drivers and owners whining in public and hurting the sport, we are having a hard enough time as it is and its not like NASCAR isnt trying to help. Like I said earlier, start hitting them in the wallet, hard.

Actually at this point, I would let drivers, owners, and anyone else complain about the package. Fans love to watch that drama, and then Nascar has an excuse to change the package mid season.

and Truex blew the back tires off of it. I'm not ruling out that Pearn and company are up to something. They had to start in the back. All of them have had enough time to figure out the packages. The Hendrick cars have figured out something, they were good today.
Drivers have been starting in the back and coming to the top 10 all season. The #19 crew may be up to something but I don’t see that as an indicator.

I started out this year really enjoying the Cup races. As the year has progressed I seem to be enjoying the races less. Yesterday during the Cup race we talked through most of it, paying little attention to the broadcast. Seems like hard racing with some rubbin, equipment failures, blown engine and extreme tire wear is a thing of the past. Also, the lack of some good ole driver feuds make race day a bit slow. Honestly, if someone is new to this sport, I just don't see them tuning into a race and saying "wow", this is really exciting.

Honestly, if someone is new to this sport, I just don't see them tuning into a race and saying "wow", this is really exciting.

So, it might effect attendance, which might effect ratings, which might effect sponsorship dollars? Interesting.

I started out this year really enjoying the Cup races. As the year has progressed I seem to be enjoying the races less. Yesterday during the Cup race we talked through most of it, paying little attention to the broadcast. Seems like hard racing with some rubbin, equipment failures, blown engine and extreme tire wear is a thing of the past. Also, the lack of some good ole driver feuds make race day a bit slow. Honestly, if someone is new to this sport, I just don't see them tuning into a race and saying "wow", this is really exciting.

no argument there. Not a thought anymore about an engine blowing, or a tire going away when I am watching the leader stink up the show. And they continue to go faster which reduces the chances of any rubbing going on. I think Nascar blew it with the high hp engine at Dover in retrospect. Some fans were excited about qualifying speeds, but I had a strong feeling it would produce single file racing with a very small window of car setups. What will be interesting to see if Nascar changes anything for the fall race.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/0...sponds-to-criticism-about-dover-race-package/

O'Donnell saying they're always available for drivers and owners to come talk to is the equivalent of an office's open door policy. Sure they'll listen to what you have to say, but don't expect to actually get the answers or outcome you seek. Ain't happening. They were available and had open ears last year when the driver said the package completely sucked and yet here we are. Making yourself available is easy...

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/0...sponds-to-criticism-about-dover-race-package/

O'Donnell saying they're always available for drivers and owners to come talk to is the equivalent of an office's open door policy. Sure they'll listen to what you have to say, but don't expect to actually get the answers or outcome you seek. Ain't happening. They were available and had open ears last year when the driver said the package completely sucked and yet here we are. Making yourself available is easy...

did ya miss this in the article..or it doesn't matter, or it's voo do math?

you always ask me how the overall season been, we’ve seen some really good racing, we’ve seen some stats that are up from passing, green-flag passes for the lead are up 46 percent. That’s an important stat for the industry, and that’s one we’re going to continue to focus on,

did ya miss this in the article..or it doesn't matter, or it's voo do math?

you always ask me how the overall season been, we’ve seen some really good racing, we’ve seen some stats that are up from passing, green-flag passes for the lead are up 46 percent. That’s an important stat for the industry, and that’s one we’re going to continue to focus on,
I wonder if they have forgotten that this package was put together with industry wide cooperation?

I am so damn tired of the words "good racing" and "on track product." I find it fascinating that MTJ was 9.5 seconds than anybody else coming from last place. I pray that NASCAR doesn't change a thing. They will figure it out, or go race Indy or something. I couldn't give a sh!t. This was a rare race that I had to follow from work. So, I kept up with what was going on, but didn't watch intensely until I got home. Know what? It looked like pretty much any other race which is fine with me. Keep bitching about the package. Plays right into MTJ's wheelhouse.

Never thought I'd see the day when I am defending Kyle Busch's point of view and Revman is slamming it. What kind of bizarro topsy-turvy world is this!?

The sport is not fine, we are at the proverbial crossroads and how we got here now is irrelevant.I'm not saying its totally going away but the lanscape could change dramatically. NASCAR is trying to "fix" it and its going to take everyone working together and one of our top drivers speaking on a Nationwide radio program and using profanity isnt going to help us at all. Sorry, but just the way I see it.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it but I'd like to hear you elaborate on this. I was always of the understanding that you thought the sport was doing great.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it but I'd like to hear you elaborate on this. I was always of the understanding that you thought the sport was doing great.
I never said the sport was doing great. I defend certain aspects and will argue competitive points but nobody is able to look at the decline in attendance and say its doing "great".

If NASCAR is not fine, a whole wealth of other domestic and international racing series have a lot to be worried about. 'Fine' might not be the exact word but I don't see any doubts of NASCAR as a going concern. I'm also interested in this elaboration.

I never said the sport was doing great. I defend certain aspects and will argue competitive points but nobody is able to look at the decline in attendance and say its doing "great".

The sport is not fine, we are at the proverbial crossroads and how we got here now is irrelevant.I'm not saying its totally going away but the lanscape could change dramatically. NASCAR is trying to "fix" it and its going to take everyone working together and one of our top drivers speaking on a Nationwide radio program and using profanity isnt going to help us at all. Sorry, but just the way I see it.

With 2 post like that you'd better watch out. You might get labeled a "deathbedder". BTW, nothing wrong at all with calling the sport out. I dig your style. Glad someone else sees things aren't all OK in NASCARland.

Back
Top Bottom