What Happens First: Jeff Gordon Retires or Roush-Fenway Closes?

Sponsor may out last Stenhouse at the rate he is going.

Wasn't David Ragan once the future of RFR

Good for Ricky. Something is better than nothing.

David Regan was a failed experiment for RFR.

So stupid when people dont respect what Jack has accomplished. He's a self made man who built everything he has. He's not a tax criminal like hendrick.

I agree with you that Jack is Hall of Fame worthy . My only concern is that (like Childress ) he is having a tough time right now . There are ebbs and flows in Nascar and he needs to rebuild . He's lost some great drivers and he couldn't afford to . He's lost some great sponsors too . I think that Jimmy Fennig will likely retire this year . That'll be another big loss. The good news is , that Penske Fords are doing great .. Jack needs to pull a rabbit out of that hat.

I agree with you that Jack is Hall of Fame worthy . My only concern is that (like Childress ) he is having a tough time right now . There are ebbs and flows in Nascar and he needs to rebuild . He's lost some great drivers and he couldn't afford to . He's lost some great sponsors too . I think that Jimmy Fennig will likely retire this year . That'll be another big loss. The good news is , that Penske Fords are doing great .. Jack needs to pull a rabbit out of that hat.

Maybe it is time Roush went with a younger breed of racer as he wouldn't be the first owner to take a chance on some young hot shot ;)

It's unfortunate, maybe, that some don't understand or appreciate what Roush has done and how he's done it.

Maybe it is time Roush went with a younger breed of racer as he wouldn't be the first owner to take a chance on some young hot shot ;)

It's unfortunate, maybe, that some don't understand or appreciate what Roush has done and how he's done it.

I agree , it's also unfortunate that Jack hasn't signed any great prospects to development deals like some of the other owners . I think that if Stenhouse and Bayne tank in 2015 , things could get real bad for RFR . Here's hoping that he can land a free agent . (Ambrose might be available.)

It ain't the drivers, its the equipment and HP. Except for Stenhouse, I think he has advanced passed his abilities. JMHO.

Biffle has a half of a year signed with Ortho, Bayne has a full year with Advocare, and Stenhouse has a three year deal. Looks like Roush will be around in 2015 with one and probably two cars will be in the chase this year. 5 Ferds in the chase if the Biff can hang in there.

I agree , it's also unfortunate that Jack hasn't signed any great prospects to development deals like some of the other owners . I think that if Stenhouse and Bayne tank in 2015 , things could get real bad for RFR . Here's hoping that he can land a free agent . (Ambrose might be available.)

He has Chris Buescher who's going to be great

We've been over this Kahne's contract expires after 2015.

Yeah, Kahne is available in 2016 and Roush needs to ask John Henry to pony up to sign him. He needs to sell his team to sponsors and Bayne, Stenhouse and an aging Biffle screams "B-SQUAD." Failing getting Kahne, Roush could throw money at Kyle Larson.

And I'm iffy on Buescher until I see more. Stenhouse also looked great in Nationwide and his Cup performance has left A LOT to be desired.

It ain't the drivers, its the equipment and HP. Except for Stenhouse, I think he has advanced passed his abilities. JMHO.
Its not the HP at all....I.E. Penske same power different chassis/data/etc.

By the way in the last 10 races(excluding daytona) Biffle has a average finish of 9.3 and 6 top tens.

Back
Top Bottom