What's your unpopular NASCAR opinion?

IF anyone were to rebuild a track with a layout like W'boro, they certainly wouldn't rebuild it IN W'boro. Nobody's built a new oval since ... Kentucky? Iowa? ... because of the uncertainty of getting a race date. IF anyone could get a guaranteed of a race date, they wouldn't build a track within spitting distance of the edge of the known universe nowadays.

If the Smiths ever decide to sell it, it will because it will have deteriorated beyond the point of revival. The layout -MAY- return one day, but not there.

IF anyone were to rebuild a track with a layout like W'boro, they certainly wouldn't rebuild it IN W'boro. Nobody's built a new oval since ... Kentucky? Iowa? ... because of the uncertainty of getting a race date. IF anyone could get a guaranteed of a race date, they wouldn't build a track within spitting distance of the edge of the known universe nowadays.

If the Smiths ever decide to sell it, it will because it will have deteriorated beyond the point of revival. The layout -MAY- return one day, but not there.
I wish they'd gut my home track of Chicagoland and make it a Wilkesboro clone. That's my hope and a prayer.

Agreed, its the reason I'm screaming for Darlington to get a second date. Its an amazing track in a market and town that cherishes it.

It would be cool, I'd wish the Smith's were willing to move it. My guess is that with Charlotte being the Smith's family crown jewel, they probably feel as if it would be taking money away from events like the Coke 600 and now Roval.

That's just my guess and North Wilkesboro is a small town, I've never been through there. Talk about getting back to grassroots racing, it would be incredible for the primary series to find a way back to it. I'd be willing to bet someone will buy it, it it ever comes available.
ah the Spring Darlington date.... what was it the Trans South Financial 400? Cool race, I as well think Darlington should have two dates, that place is so damn unique.

Martin Truex Jr is the least talented champion since Labonte, and his success represents everything I feel is wrong with the current package. I feel if he replaced Stewart in the 20 and had Pearn as his CC/drove for Gibbs from 2009-2014, he'd average 2 wins a year, and wouldn't content for a single title. Nothing against the guy personally. Everything against his success.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Martin Truex Jr is the least talented champion since Labonte, and his success represents everything I feel is wrong with the current package. I feel if he replaced Stewart in the 20 and had Pearn as his CC/drove for Gibbs from 2009-2014, he'd average 2 wins a year, and wouldn't content for a single title. Nothing against the guy personally. Everything against his success.

Which Labonte?

Bobby was a damn good driver, and Terry was a REALLY good damn driver

I'll piggyback off this... COT produced better racing and required more skill

Butt ugly car, much safer to it's credit unless it got turned around and the wing really became one. The earlier version with the wrap around tire cutter splitter didn't race that well in a pack, but the car was much sturdier than today's version. They got better as they went on, but fans, me included were clamoring for a more life like looking car like they have today.

Oh my, you won't lay off of the guy.

I disagree with your opinion about him. Cole Pearn is big, but he's earned every but of success that has came his way. No one complained about him when he was an RCR affiliated car, now all of a sudden he's successful with JGR and he's an enemy of the state.

He complains, he fusses, and whines every now and then. Still doesn't take away from his driving abilities and the fact he is a champion by out driving Kyle Busch when needed.

Oh my, you won't lay off of the guy.

I disagree with your opinion about him. Cole Pearn is big, but he's earned every but of success that has came his way. No one complained about him when he was an RCR affiliated car, now all of a sudden he's successful with JGR and he's an enemy of the state.

He complains, he fusses, and whines every now and then. Still doesn't take away from his driving abilities and the fact he is a champion by out driving Kyle Busch when needed.
I thought it was a nice touch when he compares his Truex woes and the package together. Kinda a multi whine. I myself don't care for Truex one bit, but he is a cagey veteran with a good group behind him and he will beat ya on any track any day. I always pay attention to where Truex is on the leaderboard every race. He's a front runner. But when Truex acts like an entitled A hole on public radio's it's fun time. :p

Is it unpopular opinion to finally be sick and tired of all these stupid playoff & chase systems NASCAR has implemented? Because I am. I've been a yes man to some of the stuff NASCAR has done, but honestly it's ruining these playoff races.

I'm tired of them focusing on the stupid cutline & overbloating Homestead-Miami with FOUR cars & 16 playoff drivers.

Is it unpopular opinion to finally be sick and tired of all these stupid playoff & chase systems NASCAR has implemented? Because I am. I've been a yes man to some of the stuff NASCAR has done, but honestly it's ruining these playoff races.

I'm tired of them focusing on the stupid cutline & overbloating Homestead-Miami with FOUR cars & 16 playoff drivers.
I loved the previous chase format. 10 races shootout.

Unpopular Opinion:

Restrictor Plate racing is a valid form of racing that takes a unique skill set. There's a reason why the same guys manage to run well and win at Dega and Daytona. While there's an element of luck there, it still takes skill to put yourself in position to win.
Like Dale did at one track and only once at the season opener.

Go to Delaware restarts and the other top 5 starters get to choose lane based on running order.

When the caution is thrown pit road is opened the first time the lead car clears the entry zone. Enough of letting everyone bunch up first.
The lead car at least would maintain some more earned track position benefits.

Abolish Green White Checkers restarts.

:dunce:

Get rid of the charter system. It hasn't brought a single competitive team to the system yet. Only thing it's done is make it impossible from an economic standpoint for a team to run part time. Lot of teams ran part time before jumping all the way in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The season should end the last week of September, and no track gets a second race.

The regular season championship has more value than the championship.
Wellllllllllll the guy ahead after race 26 is only the champion IF the season is only 26 races long.
Are we trying to make KB a real champion here?

Any driver retaliating on the track during a caution (using their car as a weapon) would recieve the following severe penalties.

They would be parked and scored to recieve points for only starting the race or finishing last.
They would start the next race in last position, with the last pit selection.
The driver and the car would not be allowed any pre race practice time. The driver would be required to be present during the practice and qualifying events to maxmize the pain.

Any pit road retaliation with a car used as weapon during or after the race would result in a total loss of points for the race, a net zero value. The driver and the car number would also disqualified from the next event.
The driver also would not be granted a championship waiver for the missed race.

The car sponsor could and would be invited to slap some stickers os skin any car but it must be on a car owned by someone else as well. Nascar would work with the teams to ensure that sponsors had this alternative if needed.
The sponsors would be also be promised to get some honoursble mentions if it were to happen.

None of these rules would apply to any green flag situations.

Any winning driver crying in victory lane deserves a real reason to cry.
Henceforth a robust stout woman would be on staff to serve as surrogate mama or bubushka, commissioned to beat the ever loving sheit out of her victory lane crying boy.

As a chevrolet fan I got to say the number of bowtie championships is obscene.

Create a junior championship cup for the Fords and Toyotas to have, to ensure they get something out the deal every year.

also we get the footballers always talking about a shorter season this time of year when they are inconvenienced with having to make decisions.
I couldn't care less about football or any other popular sport that most people's lives seem to revolve around , but I think Nascar would be wise to stop over saturating itself.

Which Labonte?

Bobby was a damn good driver, and Terry was a REALLY good damn driver
Bobby. Bobby was a good driver, totally.

I think Gordon, Busch, Kenseth, Stewart, Johnson, Keselowski, Harvick, Busch and Logano are all a bit better than him atleast. I think Terry is one of the more underrated drivers of the last 30 years. I can't believe the guys only one what, twenty races?

Butt ugly car, much safer to it's credit unless it got turned around and the wing really became one. The earlier version with the wrap around tire cutter splitter didn't race that well in a pack, but the car was much sturdier than today's version. They got better as they went on, but fans, me included were clamoring for a more life like looking car like they have today.
Aesthetically it was an ugly car you're right. But it grew on me. They all do. The only cars that I thought were ugly were the 90s cars. I thought they were too blocky

We said unpopular.
That is an unpopular opinion for me, I am 100% against the idea of a shorter season because of football, there are some of us NASCAR fans that are not football fans.

I am not opposed to a shorter season, I would be happy going to back to a 32 race season.

Last edited:
Aesthetically it was an ugly car you're right. But it grew on me. They all do. The only cars that I thought were ugly were the 90s cars. I thought they were too blocky

Nah, the 90's era were great looking race cars, the COT was way more blocky than the 90's era bodies, the 90's bodies were blocky-ish, but nowhere near the COT really.
But compared to the 80's , the 90's cars were no where near being blocky, you want to talk about blocky, it was the 80's and later 70's there were the king of blocky race cars yo.

Jr. say the hell with talking to a camera and comes back driving for JR Motorsports and wins Daytona first race back

Back
Top Bottom