What's your unpopular NASCAR opinion?

I don't like forced yellows but I remember years ago probably during the JJ years I wanna say, a lot of people bitched and complained (a lot) about racing getting strung out and then NASCAR would throw those phantom yellows.

I'm not the biggest fan of 2 guaranteed yellows and less strategy, but at least they're being more transparent the past couple years.
And then people bitched about the phantom yellows and accused NASCAR rigging.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

And then people bitched about the phantom yellows and accused NASCAR rigging.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I kinda think it's funny people think the racing isn't good now because during some of those Jimmie Johnson years, I thought there was some boring races at times. Of course I didn't like Jimmie at all so maybe my opinion is skewed.

+1. I never understood why they have 2 dates either.
I think the reason they have 2 dates is because both races are attended well and more importantly it's in a location that allows them to race both early and late in the schedule from a weather standpoint.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Neither Bowyer nor Chastain do anything for me, I find them lame.

Neither Bowyer nor Chastain do anything for me, I find them lame.
I think Bowyer would be hilarious interviewing drivers at the track when he decides to get out of the seat. He is a pretty funny dude.

It is soooo great that the cars "resemble" real street cars so much.

Don't like double file restarts primarily because only the leader gets lane choice. I hate seeing cars hitting the brakes and having to loose a spot on the pit road to get the desired lane.

Don't like letting the feild bunch up first before entering the pits during a caution.
If the pit road isnt blocked the lead lap car should be able start the caution cylcle pits at the first pass.

Hate GWC's. What bullsheit way to end a race. I would rather see someone lap the feild, it would at least reward the most worthy. They are also an invitation to disaster on the RP tracks.

Hate bump and runs. There are exceptions of course, continually blocking all lanes to prevent a pass, or backing up the entries.

But if you have a high or low lane using the bumper is BS and a poor excuse for talent. You have 499, 399 miles or whatever to make a clean pass. No justification for running over someone on the last lap.

Ride the leaders bumper and stalking him into using his up tires, or missing the entry etc is great stuff is clean and righteous.

Good thread. Allows us to air our grievances without those coming in here to call us death bedders but I am sure we will be called death bedders regardless. So here goes.... It's a 3 way tie.
1.) I hate the Chase, Playoffs, Playoff points, stages and wish the Winston Cup Points system would come back.
2.) I hate this aero/rules package and fear the way Cup is headed toward spec racing with teams probably no longer making chassis in house or engines in house. I dont want to watch IROC racing every week.
3.) North Wilkesboro should be on the Cup schedule instead of a race at Kansas, Texas, or Dover.
For once...I agree with everything you said.

Don't like double file restarts primarily because only the leader gets lane choice.
I prefer them to having the old method of having the lap-down cars on the inside line. The lead lap cars have already passed these guys once; why should they have to pass them again?

But there are definitely other methods I prefer, with giving each driver choice of lane being at the top of my list.

I prefer them to having the old method of having the lap-down cars on the inside line. The lead lap cars have already passed these guys once; why should they have to pass them again?

But there are definitely other methods I prefer, with giving each driver choice of lane being at the top of my list.

Let em pit by track position the way they are running. First one out gets the track position. If a car is multiple laps down and hopelessly out of contention put them in the back. But cars one or two laps down should not automatically start in back imo.

After qualifying they should invert the top twenty qualifiers, and the two drivers with the most points (as of that race) should start on the tail.

Back
Top Bottom