When will there be a full 40 car field again?

Damn, with less than 36 drivers to choose from that'll mean that the NASCAR Pick 'Em game will bite the dust what with the rules the way they are.

OFFICIAL GAME RULES

1 - Each week, each player picks a driver for that week's race. . . . . . . .

4 - After a player picks a driver, that player cannot pick that same driver again for the remainder of the season.

hmm.gif

Shoulda run Danica Patrick or Brendan Gaughan at Daytona. :D

Of all the repercussions of shrinking fields, I'm sure the effect on fantasy sports is at the top of NASCAR's concerns.

Just follow NASCAR's example: change the frickin' rules. :rolleyes: Allow people to use a driver twice. Or allow players to pick for the 30 races they choose.

Either way, players will have to pay more attention to those part-time entries.

As long as the charter system is in place will we ever see a team skip a race? Is last place money still worth venturing out to certain tracks for? Will Nascar ensure there are always 36 teams in the field?

Shoulda run Danica Patrick or Brendan Gaughan at Daytona. :D

Of all the repercussions of shrinking fields, I'm sure the effect on fantasy sports is at the top of NASCAR's concerns.

Just follow NASCAR's example: change the frickin' rules. :rolleyes: Allow people to use a driver twice. Or allow players to pick for the 30 races they choose.

Either way, players will have to pay more attention to those part-time entries.
I think @pjmolo 's post was what you might call "tongue in cheek" but you never can tell with that guy. :confused:

Damn, with less than 36 drivers to choose from that'll mean that the NASCAR Pick 'Em game will bite the dust what with the rules the way they are.

OFFICIAL GAME RULES

1 - Each week, each player picks a driver for that week's race. . . . . . . .

4 - After a player picks a driver, that player cannot pick that same driver again for the remainder of the season.

hmm.gif

45 drivers have taken a lap in Cup through 3 races this season. The rules don't need to change but maybe some people's strategy does.

I am gonna rig up a heart rate machine to a fan and monitor heart rate changes based on car count.
Then I will run an statistical analysis for heart rate changes for watching 36 cars at Talladega, 36 at Bristol, and 36 at the Glen.

I will not know what it means. But somebody here will mentally algorithm it, and tell us precisely what it means. They they will tell us how the worse is yet to come, and that we all are gonna die.

This sounds like the type of research that usually draws a government grant. Be sure to keep copies of all the paperwork you submit. I'd rather see my taxpayer dollar wasted on this than any number of other boondoggles.

Well there's definitely a correlation between field sizes and attendance... maybe if they worked on getting full fields and even DNQ's again by lowering costs, maybe a few more fans will start showing up.

I think it's comical that media members are okay with 32 cars, guess there okay with more sinking ratings and attendance at that rate too?

As long as the charter system is in place will we ever see a team skip a race? Is last place money still worth venturing out to certain tracks for? Will Nascar ensure there are always 36 teams in the field?

If you are a chartered team I believe they must attempt every single race or they will be stripped of the charter or something those lines, so it's vital a chartered team makes it to the track every weekend.

You need the "field filler" cars because that's how those teams learn to race at that level. They need track time against real competition. None of today's top cars started at the top.
If a driver is as great as his fans claim he is then getting around a back marker should be no problem. If he gets caught up in a back marker's wreck, well that's racin' (and its rare that any new driver doesn't come into the Series without causing problems himself).
If they shorten a "full field" to just 36 then they'll really hurt future talent development since you'd have to have a charter to get to start. Racing is expensive enough that NASCAR doesn't need to add the additional expense of a charter to its racing entry point.
If they shorten a "full field" to less than the number of charters then they'll invite a whole bunch of lawsuits.
My problem with charters is that it is possible for a faster non-chartered car to get sent home, replaced by a slower chartered car. Hard to explain why the fastest qualifiers don't get to race.

With four non-chartered spots, and the possibility of a few chartered teams skipping some races, I think as the season goes on we'll see various cars come and go. I expect the most likely races to attract 40 or more entries will be at Charlotte, since so many teams are headquartered around there.

With four non-chartered spots, and the possibility of a few chartered teams skipping some races, I think as the season goes on we'll see various cars come and go. I expect the most likely races to attract 40 or more entries will be at Charlotte, since so many teams are headquartered around there.

No charter'd teams are going to skip a race. Charter'd teams are REQUIRED to run all races or lose the charter. Or maybe i missed your point?

No charter'd teams are going to skip a race. Charter'd teams are REQUIRED to run all races or lose the charter. Or maybe i missed your point?
Teams must remain in “good standing” by participating each week - but they are allowed to transfer their charters too. So if a chartered team can't come up with enough sponsorship to run a race they might rent their charter to another team, they might put another driver in the car (if he brings enough money with him), or they might sit out a race and "test" NASCAR's stomach for enforcing "remain in good standing". The latter will be hard for NASCAR to battle since NASCAR doesn't pay team bills, and if non-chartered teams don't rent charters because they realize that they can make the race without spending that money then NASCAR's position becomes even weaker. Plus there could be a lot of negative PR for NASCAR if they penalize a team for skipping a race (especially by taking away the charter that they paid for). Bottom line: one business (NASCAR) can't force another business (race team) to participate - particularly at a financial loss - and the court system is likely to side with the team.

Even with all the worry over car count, (not me), it looks like only 8 to 10 cars can run on the lead lap, pretty sad deal there I think. really shows the haves and have nots.

Even with all the worry over car count, (not me), it looks like only 8 to 10 cars can run on the lead lap, pretty sad deal there I think. really shows the haves and have nots.
Organic racing. That’s the way it works.

I am only now struck by the irony of referring to 40 cars as a 'full field'. It didn't take long to forget when 43 cars was a full field. Of course, that was way, WAY back in ... what, 2015?

Teams must remain in “good standing” by participating each week - but they are allowed to transfer their charters too. So if a chartered team can't come up with enough sponsorship to run a race they might rent their charter to another team, they might put another driver in the car (if he brings enough money with him), or they might sit out a race and "test" NASCAR's stomach for enforcing "remain in good standing". The latter will be hard for NASCAR to battle since NASCAR doesn't pay team bills, and if non-chartered teams don't rent charters because they realize that they can make the race without spending that money then NASCAR's position becomes even weaker. Plus there could be a lot of negative PR for NASCAR if they penalize a team for skipping a race (especially by taking away the charter that they paid for). Bottom line: one business (NASCAR) can't force another business (race team) to participate - particularly at a financial loss - and the court system is likely to side with the team.
I assume RTA has lawyers. They didn't sketch out the Charter system on a ****tail napkin. I really don't understand this boards fascination with Charters in the first place. They are only important to the teams and have ZERO effect on the racing.

A team hasn't skipped a race with the charter system and the only transfer of charter was the TBR/Leavine charter at Homestead at the end of the season. Teams will not be skipping races. Rick Ware Racing rents out their charter and number to Stewart Haas Racing for Cole Custer but that is fully legal to do so being it's still RWR and that type of thing hasn't been anything new for 10+ years. There hasn't been any chartered team (including BK Racing) that has indicated they will skip races.

Not having a charter is a big loss of money. Open teams are only allowed 30% of what a chartered car makes and over the course of 36 races that really adds up.

Back
Top Bottom