Which is worse?

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
2013 - NASCAR condemns MWR & Penske for team orders & buying chase spots therefore "delegitimizing the sport".

2014 - NASCAR introduces a new points system, against the will of the fans, where points don't even matter. Therefore delegitimizing the sport.

Take your picks.

image.jpg

I don't think about either. I love this sport, and accept it for what it is. Doesn't diminish as thing for me. The crap that MWR pulled has been going on in this sport forever. New systems have been hated, then accepted before. People talked of the diminished value of the Cup Title when the Chase was instituted. It's all good.

2013 - NASCAR condemns MWR & Penske for team orders & buying chase spots therefore "delegitimizing the sport".

2014 - NASCAR introduces a new points system, against the will of the fans, where points don't even matter. Therefore delegitimizing the sport.

Take your picks.
I don't know what to say about the OP but I like the hell outta the coffee drinker. :D

Ironically, the new method of first making, and then advancing in, the Chase will most likely encourage "team orders" more than ever.

go figure . . .

I agree , helping each other get a win has got to be #1 priority for teammates now . Under the old system , helping teammates was not a factor .

I guess if/when it does happen it'll be talked about behind closed doors ahead of time. Should this situation arise then maybe, just maybe, your ignition is going bad..... Wink, wink!

That's what killed MWR , being too open about it . Same as Roger Penske giving team orders from the spotters stand , dumb.

Ironically, the new method of first making, and then advancing in, the Chase will most likely encourage "team orders" more than ever.

go figure . . .
I think it would encourage it more than anything too but with the massive spotlight NASCAR put on racefixing after Richmond last year it will be much more difficult to pull off and get away with it. Every official, every fan, and every team will be looking for it.

Its only delegitimate in your opinion. To me it still crowns a deserving champion at the end of the day. The cream always rises to the top. Therefore, its legitimate in my eyes. So I will pick neither since its legit in my eyes and the other option just sounds like a bunch of whining about cheating(which has existed in all formats of racing in many different ways forever). So I vote for C- this was stupid

IMO any point system that resets the points for dramatic affect is worse than the Richmond incident with MWR and Penske.
Itch-gate is gonna pale in comparison to some of the stuff we're likely to see later in the season.

After initially hating the change I've decided to wait & see; it will lead up to a climatic race. Back in the day the championship was pretty much over in Sept. The way I see it is that we still get to see full field races while the chase drivers compete for the Cup.

I dont like this win you're in thing at all. Hate the elimination thing even more.

What's next? Going to implement a spin the wheel system ala Jeopardy?

I dont like this win you're in thing at all. Hate the elimination thing even more.

What's next? Going to implement a spin the wheel system ala Jeopardy?

I have always been a big fan of the Nascar sanctioning body . I believe they are the best sanctioning body in sports . They have implimented rules that benefit the drivers and the fans . They have hired dozens of drivers and crew chiefs to keep up to date on what the sport needs . They have made a ton of money as any well run business should and have been relatively free from corruption and contraversy . Lately they seem to have been taken over by suits who want to show how smart they are by making changes that are not necessary and not well thought out . These guys obviously are not familiar with racing . Nascar needs to go back to getting it's advice from racers . When Heinz Ketchup is the best selling Ketchup in the marketplace , changing it is not an option. End of rant :)

At first I was opposed to the new format."..after 2 races I think it's great! I never liked points racing or guys playing team games to lead a lap. Now winning is the top priority. the racing will even get better as guys get desperate to make the Chase

Does anyone else remember the days when Bill France and Mike Helton walked through the garage area every week , pausing to speak with team members in each and every stall . They were a fixture on race day and even during practice . I wonder if that happens today ? I remember Earnhardt Sr., the Pettys , the Allisons ,etc., all sharing a joke or an opinion with them . That's what I call being in touch.

Does anyone else remember the days when Bill France and Mike Helton walked through the garage area every week , pausing to speak with team members in each and every stall . They were a fixture on race day and even during practice . I wonder if that happens today ? I remember Earnhardt Sr., the Pettys , the Allisons ,etc., all sharing a joke or an opinion with them . That's what I call being in touch.
ESPN.com had some big "France Dynasty" piece that was published over a few days last year and I remember reading a quote by Richard Petty saying that some of the drivers and owners aren't fond of Brian not showing up at the race track.

Back
Top Bottom