Which is worse?

I don't get you guys some times. First it is Nascar needs to put more emphasis on winning, and now it is all about points.

I personally love the new system, because when it is all said and done the best team will be on top. It will be way harder for teams to win the championship now. When relying on points it is easier for drivers to cruise and collect points and get the cup. Just look at what Dillon did last year in NNS. That is not a champion I want. Say what you will Dillon won it "fair and square" under the system in place, but to people other than Dillon fans it felt cheap. As for people hating on win and your in, that doesn't bother me either. I don't care if some one off is in the chase because he won at a plate or road course track. Because at the end of the season they won't be making it to the final round anyways, and if they do then hell they probably deserve it don't your think?
The biggest problem with this new system is it awards winning, not consistency. If you ride around in the top 5 all year with no wins you may make the chase on points and you may not if there are 16 diff winners. Hell you could win one race in the season, slack off the rest of the year & then run well enough to win a championship in the final 10. But then again when is NASCAR known for it's consistency.

The biggest problem with this new system is it awards winning, not consistency. If you ride around in the top 5 all year with no wins you may make the chase on points and you may not if there are 16 diff winners. Hell you could win one race in the season, slack off the rest of the year & then run well enough to win a championship in the final 10. But then again when is NASCAR known for it's consistency.

Or now more drivers win races, and that means 1 race may not be enough to get you in. Plus the whole seeding by wins thing. I don't think we will see any slacking in the drivers during the "regular season". Haven't seen that from Jr yet. Doubt we will see that from Happy either.

Or now more drivers win races, and that means 1 race may not be enough to get you in. Plus the whole seeding by wins thing. I don't think we will see any slacking in the drivers during the "regular season". Haven't seen that from Jr yet. Doubt we will see that from Happy either.
Hope you're right about having more than 1 win to get in but we'll see. I'm not expecting these drivers to slack off due to their competitive levels but it's the theory.

Your Samantha Busch posts were stupid. That's all there is to it. Some of us have actually met her. You're just running your piehole.
Is it apple? Does actually meeting her now make you a better fan than I?

Hope you're right about having more than 1 win to get in but we'll see. I'm not expecting these drivers to slack off due to their competitive levels but it's the theory.

There will be drivers with one win that are in. There will probably be drivers with no wins in. However I just don't see teams slacking off and relying on the one win. Just don't see it.

There will be drivers with one win that are in. There will probably be drivers with no wins in. However I just don't see teams slacking off and relying on the one win. Just don't see it.
Wouldn't be surprised later in the regular season when chase teams are saving cars for the chase races & experimenting set ups

...I personally love the new system, because when it is all said and done the best team will be on top....

You mean best team in the final race, right? And even with that it may not be the best team in the final race to come out on top.
The potential for the best team to not win the championship is greater now than with the previous versions of the chase.

Team X leads more laps and wins more races than any other team before the Chase. Team X finishes in the top 3 for each of the next 3 rounds of the chase. Team X is collected in an accident he had nothing to do with while leading the championship contenders in the final race, and loses the championship even though they were clearly the best team throughout the year.

You mean best team in the final race, right? And even with that it may not be the best team in the final race to come out on top.
The potential for the best team to not win the championship is greater now than with the previous versions of the chase.

Team X wins leads more laps and wins more races than any other team before the Chase. Team X finishes in the top 3 for each of the next 3 rounds of the chase. Team X is collected in an accident he had nothing to do with while leading the championship contenders in the final race, and loses the championship even though they were clearly the best team throughout the year.
Sooooo the Denver Broncos?

Agreed..One of the first things Jr said after winning the 500 was that now they can go all out for wins all season... not slack off and run around the top 10 for 25 more races...

No one can say it doesn't award consistency just because all theyre talking about is how important wins are.. keep in mind its the 3 winners AND the points leader that move on after each elimination round... and even if the points leader has no wins they still make the chase... it goes by wins.. then points... better than the other way around... or do you like watching a driver only have to coast to a 15th place finish in the final race to win the championship?

Is it apple? Does actually meeting her now make you a better fan than I?

You not having met her once in your life and making stupid statements about her (golddigger, ditz, etc.) makes you a *******.

You not having met her once in your life and making stupid statements about her (golddigger, ditz, etc.) makes you a *******.
Resort to name calling huh. Well anyway. I seriously doubt you have met any FS1 or ESPN executives and you constantly make stupid statements on their broadcast ability, *******.

Denver vs ?
Team scored the most points the whole season and threw for the most touchdowns but the NFL doesnt give them a superbowl victory because they dont award consistency.

Team scored the most points the whole season and threw for the most touchdowns but the NFL doesnt give them a superbowl victory because they dont award consistency.
Weren't u one of the guys complaining about NASCAR trying to make themselves more like stick n ball sports? Now ur using a football reference to defend yourself and you're also going against your original point... Im confused... I thought this delegitimized the sport?... Then someone tells u what they like about it so much.. which happens to go against what you said earlier... but you're defending him against someone arguing his point?

Hmmmmmm ....

Weren't u one of the guys complaining about NASCAR trying to make themselves more like stick n ball sports? Now ur using a football reference to defend yourself and you're also going against your original point... Im confused... I thought this delegitimized the sport?... Then someone tells u what they like about it so much.. which happens to go against what you said earlier... but you're defending him against someone arguing his point?

Hmmmmmm ....

I making the point that NASCAR has made themselves into a stick n ball sport by referencing how a team losing a championship because of consistency instead of wins is similar to that of this past superbowl. You've got no right to call anyone else a troll o_O

ok I see your point, and I'm not disputing that.

My point was directed to Jeffrey saying when it's all said and done, the best team will be on top. I was giving an example of how that may not be true. The more the points are reset the more likely the best team will not come out on top.

I making the point that NASCAR has made themselves into a stick n ball sport by referencing how a team losing a championship because of consistency instead of wins is similar to that of this past superbowl. You've got no right to call anyone else a troll o_O
So you are taking away my right to free speech now?... Wow I guess you think you're an even bigger deal than I thought you thought you were :rolleyes:

Been a Gordon fan since he raced the Baby Ruth car in the BGN and I'd still consider it a hollow championship unless he also scored the most points over the entire season.

Spin it anyway you want, reset points are fake.
Oh but I disagree.. they are about as real as it gets my friend. :D

For anyone who thinks we'll have a "real" champion this year, I don't wanna be around when you find out that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy aren't real either.

Wait a minute... wrong sport... guess you got me on this one :D

JWXWICi.jpg

:partytime

Hmmmmmm ....

Just say NO to stick and ball anything

... but if it was Jeff Gordon who won and had their chase ticket punched I bet a few on here would have a different attitude.
Been a Gordon fan since he raced the Baby Ruth car in the BGN and I'd still consider it a hollow championship unless he also scored the most points over the entire season.

Spin it anyway you want, reset points are fake.
Hear, hear! :cheers:

My guy won the Daytona 500 and had his Chase ticket punched already, and I feel no differently about the new championship system today than I did when it was first announced. Heck, when he was in Victory Lane and briefly mentioned being in the Chase, I just shrugged it off. All I cared about was the fact that I had just watched him win the Daytona 500, and that's how I'll continue to look at things until King Brian changes the rules again.

And as I said in the original thread about this subject, my opinion will not change if he wins a championship under this new format. I'm probably one of the few that didn't mind the system we had last year. Resetting the points once was enough, but doing it four times and then having a winner-take-all race at the end? That's just comical.

What he says is ironic because ppl accuse him of talking about Joey every time he logs in. What you're saying is ridiculous. People talk about Danica over n over again in the "all things Danica thread"?!?! SHOCKER
Whats talked about in the Danica thread wise ass, is the same shiit over and over again, just like we are hashing over this stuffoverf and over again. The points system is here to stay, at least for this year, live with it or don't watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom