Who are the first four out?

With the Roval on the schedule it's kinda like having Dega, anyone can have a bad day and be eliminated. My guess is 20, 24, 1, 42.

Bowyer has really done nothing this year and I dont expect that to change. Byron is in over his head and won't last. Ryan hasn't shown much this year. Bowman might surprise me for me it was between him and Newman. I'll give Newmsn the edge because he's scrappy and always finds a way to put a fender to somebody else and make it in lol.

Bowman , sadly I agree with, they just have done much lately, BUT Byron has strung together enough good finishes and shown continued improvement. I think he makes it through at least round one.

Bowman , sadly I agree with, they just have done much lately, BUT Byron has strung together enough good finishes and shown continued improvement. I think he makes it through at least round one.
I don't trust any Hendrick cars except the 9

Yeah the 88 has been very mediocre outside of the win and that stretch of 2nd place finishes.

Yeah the 88 has been very mediocre outside of the win and that stretch of 2nd place finishes.
I honestly thought he was cementing himself as a contender with that run in June/July, and he's fallen off the map.

Well it sure looks like I'm gonna be spot on with my round loser picks again this year. NOT!! Hahahahaha

Low 4 heading into Richmond. Newman is 6 points out of the cut line.

upload_2019-9-19_9-15-47.png

Erik is in a good size hole to dig out of in 2 races. Didn't expect that one after the Darlington break through win.

Erik is in a good size hole to dig out of in 2 races. Didn't expect that one after the Darlington break through win.
I'd say Jones and Clint are pretty much done at this point. Neither unless something crazy happens have much of a chance of winning a race.

I'd say Jones and Clint are pretty much done at this point. Neither unless something crazy happens have much of a chance of winning a race.

I think it's doable but they'll have to score some big stage points and hope for help. Both are underdogs to win, but Bowyer can for sure win on a technical road course and he had a top 5 run at the first Richmond night race. The tracks suit him, but any momentum is lacking. Jones is a double negative on that part. JGR cars can get around Richmond though, so anything can happen.

I could see Newman making it to the next round. I hope so, all the while people complain He races too hard!!

Richmond is a track where I think the 6 team can run well at given how strong they were at New Hampshire (a track with some similarities to Richmond) & they finished 9th in the spring at Richmond. The road courses aren't a strong point for the 6 but I think it will be another battle of attrition type of race similar to the 2018 race.

Newman is around to pick up the pieces if somebody makes a mistake. He seems to know where he stands points wise at all times, and isn't shy to give a fender to help his cause. He's been around long enough to have driven cars that had similar handling also.

Jones being in a hole surprises me for sure as am I’m sure most of you have seen I’m a fan of his talent and expected big things of him before the Southern 500 win. I think he’s toast though, that’s a huge hole to get out of.

Erik Jones did what he needed to do tonight. He needs to do it again in Charlotte.

Back
Top Bottom