Who do you think will take over the No. 4 in 2024?

I think they will pull someone out of the Xfinity series for the seat. Maybe Gragson out of cup. He was in the discussion for the 41 car.

Reactions: Pat
I think they will pull someone out of the Xfinity series for the seat. Maybe Gragson out of cup. He was in the discussion for the 41 car.
I think Preece was promoted to the Cup car so they could keep him, and Custer's Xfinity deal is supposed to be a one year thing. They were expecting at least one seat to open up in 2024 so Custer could go back to Cup next year.

I think Preece was promoted to the Cup car so they could keep him, and Custer's Xfinity deal is supposed to be a one year thing. They were expecting at least one seat to open up in 2024 so Custer could go back to Cup next year.
I'm totally soured on Custer myself. He did nothing. But nepotism... I would think SHR could have a wide pick of drivers wanting to drive for them. Let Jr stay in the Xfinity series..

kevin-harvicks-son-drives-a-dune-buggy-go-kart-and-he-s-adorable-video-97606_1.jpg

A bit outside of the box, but I would love if Tony and Gene got Erik Jones. I think him and Rodney would be lethal together. SHR is going to have to get this one right, they’re losing their franchise driver, their number one guy. Briscoe has shown signs of carrying the franchise, but if a younger driver that has proven he can get it done, can be had....you gotta go get him. Briscoe and Jones would be a great anchor for SHR

I would not mind watching Ricky getting a shot, however I think Zane is next up. Custer could come back, but I think he will stay in Xfinity for the time being.

Agreed. The $$$ is there for Custer. I was surprised they knocked him out in the first place as Preece doesn't have close to that level of funding.

Too bad we're still discussing money and not talent.

Agreed. The $$$ is there for Custer. I was surprised they knocked him out in the first place as Preece doesn't have close to that level of funding.

Too bad we're still discussing money and not talent.
If the money was there for Custer, he would still be in Cup and Almirola would've retired.

I've heard that they were really concerned about losing Smithfield because the team relies on that funding to field Custer's car.

Reactions: Pat
If the money was there for Custer, he would still be in Cup and Almirola would've retired.

I've heard that they were really concerned about losing Smithfield because the team relies on that funding to field Custer's car.
This may be true but I don't understand why it should be. It just seems like to me the #10 car should use and exhaust all of the Smithfield money for that car only. I understand there will be some indirect crossover benefits for other team cars. But it would seem like a major disservice if Smithfield money is being specifically used for the car that Custer drove.

This may be true but I don't understand why it should be. It just seems like to me the #10 car should use and exhaust all of the Smithfield money for that car only. I understand there will be some indirect crossover benefits for other team cars. But it would seem like a major disservice if Smithfield money is being specifically used for the car that Custer drove.
Wishful thinking.

If everything GM poured into its sponsorship of the 3 went into the car(s), Richard Childress wouldn’t own several homes, a ranch, a winery and a portfolio of downtown Charlotte real estate. 😇

Wishful thinking.

If everything GM poured into its sponsorship of the 3 went into the car(s), Richard Childress wouldn’t own several homes, a ranch, a winery and a portfolio of downtown Charlotte real estate.
I'd be willing to bet all of the money that GM gave them went into the team and more. Teams bring in A LOT more money than just sponsorship.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Are you able to identify the revenue streams that bring in A LOT more money than corporate sponsorship?

Are you able to identify the revenue streams that bring in A LOT more money than corporate sponsorship?
I didn't say more money than sponsorship, I said more a lot more than just sponsorship. Little difference between those 2 statements

Did you see the big winnings checks they used to have at the awards banquets? Not to mention what they make selling merchandise. Sponsorship is just of many ways teams are generating money to fund these teams.

So ... Championship banquet payouts and t-shirts.

Got it.

So ... Championship banquet payouts and t-shirts.

Got it.
You don't think purse money from races is significant?

RC made money in racing because he was successful, not because he pocketed GM money.

Yes, it is significant ... most contracts pay a big chunk of it to the driver.

As to your second sentence, I suggest a rudimentary accounting course.

is that the first first down?

Anyone but Ricky Wreckhouse Jr. If Custer goes on a tear, it'll be him. If not, there's a long list of candidates.

A bit outside of the box, but I would love if Tony and Gene got Erik Jones. I think him and Rodney would be lethal together. SHR is going to have to get this one right, they’re losing their franchise driver, their number one guy. Briscoe has shown signs of carrying the franchise, but if a younger driver that has proven he can get it done, can be had....you gotta go get him. Briscoe and Jones would be a great anchor for SHR
I want Erik back, but you nailed this. Freaking nailed it. Erik + Rodney would be epic.

I want Erik back, but you nailed this. Freaking nailed it. Erik + Rodney would be epic.
I'm not sure Rodney will stay around. I know a while back in one of those podcasts (DJD?) Rodney said his plans depend on how long Kevin stays around. For some reason I don't see him on the box full time next year.

I'm not sure Rodney will stay around. I know a while back in one of those podcasts (DJD?) Rodney said his plans depend on how long Kevin stays around. For some reason I don't see him on the box full time next year.

He has roots in LMSC racing.

CARS Tour is fixing to be lit.

Rodney will stay at SHR if he wants too. It would be nuts to get rid of the best Crew chief that SHR has

Yeah, but recently the said on NASCAR Radio that he wasn't done, but that he needed to team with somebody in the hunt. Wasn't into developing an unproven talent.

Rodney will stay at SHR if he wants too. It would be nuts to get rid of the best Crew chief that SHR has
Hasn't rodney specified he wants to retire with Kevin?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom