Who is the better driver

me thinks the cc is the main advantage truex has right now.

Interesting question to pose.

There is no "best" driver, as all of these folks generally show how good they can drive any car that's worthwhile. That is why I like to put drivers into group ratings. Platinum, Gold, Silver. Nothing lower as anyone who is of Bronze ability or below shouldn't be in a cup car.

KDB, whom I do not admire, definitely belongs in Platinum class. He wills his cars to the front, fights bad handling to keep moving forward, and is a tenacious competitor who's hard to beat. He also gripes about anything that's not right, bumps and occasionally wrecks his way to gain advantage, and is a poor loser. But on ability alone he is in the top group.

MTJ is an excellent driver. His results have shown he can wheel a car to success. Not sure I would have put him higher than Gold prior to this year, but he showed me a lot this season. I rate him Platinum now.

Not many in my personal Platinum club. Johnson for sure, maybe Keslowski.

the stuff that comes out y’all mouth when it comes to Kyle Busch is ridiculous.. saying Truex is better just because he won championship hahahahaha.. it took everything x3 to go his way to get that win and he even said it.. so please stop saying he out drove Kyle in that race.. Kyle didn’t have any tires left when he got to Truex and still almost passed him.. y’all never give credit when it’s due when it comes to Kyle

It can't really be that tough to admit that Truex had the field covered this year, can it? It doesn't matter what format you choose to use this time, Truex spanked the field, including KB. KB is a damned good driver in a group of many that can be labeled the same. This year he simply wasn't good enough. Heck yeah, Truex was the best this year. Doubt it? Tune into NBCSN @ 9pm to confirm.

. the stuff that comes out y’all mouth when it comes to Kyle Busch is ridiculous.. saying Truex is better just because he won championship hahahahaha.. it took everything x3 to go his way to get that win and he even said it.. so please stop saying he out drove Kyle in that race.. Kyle didn’t have any tires left when he got to Truex and still almost passed him.. y’all never give credit when it’s due when it comes to Kyle
I'll say it . Truex flat out drove him. End of story

It can't really be that tough to admit that Truex had the field covered this year, can it? It doesn't matter what format you choose to use this time, Truex spanked the field, including KB. KB is a damned good driver in a group of many that can be labeled the same. This year he simply wasn't good enough. Heck yeah, Truex was the best this year. Doubt it? Tune into NBCSN @ 9pm to confirm.
Yes he had a good year but what drives me crazy is how y’all act like he just dominated the championship and he just outdrove Kyle .. dude was getting his ass kicked that whole race .. he got 2 breaks and he even admitted it and y’all still in here praising him smh.. he got breaks and that’s how he won it.. that caution fell just when they needed it.. then it was another caution that helped him out a little bit before that when Kyle was running away with it.. then the end when Kyle was driving his ass off when joey was clearly blocking him .. he just didn’t have anything when he got to Truex.. y’all just act like Truex just dominated the whole race

I'll say it . Truex flat out drove him. End of story
See this is what I’m talking bout.. how did he flat out drive Kyle??? His tires was better and he was out front at end how is that out driving him smh .. y’all say anything when it comes to Kyle it’s ridiculous.

Yes he had a good year but what drives me crazy is how y’all act like he just dominated the championship and he just outdrove Kyle .. dude was getting his ass kicked that whole race .. he got 2 breaks and he even admitted it and y’all still in here praising him smh.. he got breaks and that’s how he won it.. that caution fell just when they needed it.. then it was another caution that helped him out a little bit before that when Kyle was running away with it.. then the end when Kyle was driving his ass off when joey was clearly blocking him .. he just didn’t have anything when he got to Truex.. y’all just act like Truex just dominated the whole race
Kyle did dominate the race. I'll give you that. Only his last name was Larson.

I'm a big fan of stats. Here's a great look at Homestead. http://racing-reference.info/loopdata?s=19&series=W&id=2017-36

Now you see that the fastest car does not win and the better average driver does not either.
What makes a true champion is a driver who can consistently get the better finishes DESPITE THE CONTROVERSY. Kyle has temper tantrums and he pouts in the car. That is very hard on the CC and in many cases costs potential wins.
The problem as I see it is Kyle will over rule his CC and demand changes he wants, Sometimes those demands come in the heat of the moment and don't work out.
From what I hear from Martin's car are reports of what the car won't do. The adjustments are calculated by Cole Pern who has the data in front of him and also knows hwere other cars are and their speed. He makes his adjustments according to all that information. He also is very good at keeping Martin calm during the bad times. They are racing for the checkered flag.
Kyle is racing to dominate every lap and takes advice from no one. JMO

See this is what I’m talking bout.. how did he flat out drive Kyle??? His tires was better and he was out front at end how is that out driving him smh .. y’all say anything when it comes to Kyle it’s ridiculous.
I'm not partial, I just call it like I see it.

Truex/Joey were better this year by about half a second.

Kyle has temper tantrums and he pouts in the car. That is very hard on the CC and in many cases costs potential wins.
The problem as I see it is Kyle will over rule his CC and demand changes he wants, Sometimes those demands come in the heat of the moment and don't work out.

Respectfully, this is such bull****. What does Adam Stevens say about this? Google it. How has Adam been different from Dave Rogers? Research it. What do Kyle's teammates say about him? Research it. Fact isn't as fun as reality.

Respectfully, this is such bull****. What does Adam Stevens say about this? Google it. How has Adam been different from Dave Rogers? Research it. What do Kyle's teammates say about him? Research it. Fact isn't as fun as reality.
They just say anything and that what makes me sick is because they actually believe what they say lol

A gutty drive by Martin when few thought he could pull that off. Adam's strategy cost Kyle track position, but he had the car to get it back. Joey had other ideas.

A gutty drive by Martin when few thought he could pull that off. Adam's strategy cost Kyle track position, but he had the car to get it back. Joey had other ideas.
I know Joey did .. but I think we are the only ones that see that I guess.. if it wasn’t for Joey blocking every chance he got Kyle wins that race !

I have no idea what either one think of Kyle, but what would you expect them to say anyway? When was the last time you heard a crew chief slam a driver, even a retired one? Even with all the abuse you would have to take, it's one of the top 3-4 jobs in the sport. I doubt you would ever get him to put it on record, but I heard Alan Gustafson got pretty sick of him.

Adam's strategy cost Kyle track position, but he had the car to get it back. Joey had other ideas.

OMG, Joey raced Kyle, that was awful. I can't Imaging why he would race him, can you?

413534694.jpg

I have no idea what either one think of Kyle, but what would you expect them to say anyway? When was the last time you heard a crew chief slam a driver, even a retired one? Even with all the abuse you would have to take, it's one of the top 3-4 jobs in the sport. I doubt you would ever get him to put it on record, but I heard Alan Gustafson got pretty sick of him.

Well if you haven't heard a CC say anything, then you are making stuff up. Thus, my "respectfully" bull**** comment. Betcha Alan would have been much more tolerant with a Championship under his belt. Most are I would guess.

OMG, Joey raced Kyle, that was awful. I can't Imaging why he would race him, can you?

413534694.jpg

Did I say I had a problem with it? I mean, you do get what was going on there, right? Larson gives up a win. Joey fights for position. I mean, all hate aside, tell me you get it. I do. Don't like it, but I understand it. You are smarter than me on this stuff. You have to get it. Right?

Did I say I had a problem with it? I mean, you do get what was going on there, right? Larson gives up a win. Joey fights for position. I mean, all hate aside, tell me you get it. I do. Don't like it, but I understand it. You are smarter than me on this stuff. You have to get it. Right?
Kyle had a mishapen reality of what happened. It was Suarez's brake pad that caused the debris in turn 3. Kyle didn't see it and thought it was a fake caution. Harvick ran over it I guess before Kyle saw it. That ruined their strategy and put Kyle back in the pack. Looks to me he took his frustrations on whatever was handy..Joey.

Kyle had a mishapen reality of what happened. It was Suarez's brake pad that caused the debris in turn 3. Kyle didn't see it and thought it was a fake caution. Harvick ran over it I guess before Kyle saw it. That ruined their strategy and put Kyle back in the pack. Looks to me he took his frustrations on whatever was handy..Joey.
Kyle is always responsible for his successes. Someone else is always responsible for his failures. Rule KB101.

I kid because I care.

You were defending Kyle's loss with your statement about Joey, nuff said.

............ but I will say IMO Kyle is the better driver, again.

So was it Suarez or was it Kurt so called oil on track once again I’m confused lol it keeps going back and forth ...

In general I have to say Kyle Busch here.

Pound for pound probably one of the best drivers in the field, I think JJ on his best days is still the best out there because he's an alien when he's on it.

MTJ needs to show consistency because this is the second year he's really been a competitor, he can either be one of the best day in or day out. Or fizzle out after three or four years a la Bobby Labonte and I liked Bobby between 98-00, he was one of the best drivers on intermediates. His record was bonkers during that small window.

Ah, yes... The good ol' Goodyear Conspiracy Theory. Kyle Damn Busch told us all year long about how Goodyear was making bad tires just for him... starting at Daytona in February... straight through to Homestead in November I guess? How could I have forgotten it was all Goodyear's fault!!!

Kyle was the best one year. Truex was the best this past year. JJ was the best for 7 years....JG was the best 4 years or so. It’s simple to see.....

Ah, yes... The good ol' Goodyear Conspiracy Theory. Kyle Damn Busch told us all year long about how Goodyear was making bad tires just for him... starting at Daytona in February... straight through to Homestead in November I guess? How could I have forgotten it was all Goodyear's fault!!!
I’m talking bout Truex tires was better because he was out front Kyle used his tires up trying to get around Joey .. when joey was blocking .. I never said anything about Goodyear giving him bad tires.. I don’t even know what your talking bout but nice try!

I’m talking bout Truex tires was better because he was out front Kyle used his tires up trying to get around Joey .. when joey was blocking .. I never said anything about Goodyear giving him bad tires.. I don’t even know what your talking bout but nice try!
It's a forum joke based on remarks made by Mr. Busch after one eventful race.

Not everything you read here can be taken literally. You'll get it figured out. It takes time.

Back
Top Bottom