Who takes home the Championship?

1698673313830.gif

I commented a few weeks ago that I could really see Blaney winning Martinsville and that if he did that he was going to be a force at Phoenix, so I'll stick with that. He's on fire right now and they've been nailing the setup in terms of long run speed which is the name of the game at Phoenix it seems.

Hard to argue against HMS when they have had 3 weeks to concentrate on the Phoenix car, even the 24 has probably been working on it anticipating inclusion since it would have required a colossal meltdown not to have made it.
12 team said they’ve not done much to the Phoenix car but HAVE been working on it. The 22 won Martinsville to advance and win the title so it’s possible.
Rooting for 12 but more inclined to believe it will be HMS.

I think Kyle Larson wins it. He's the only one of the 4 with a championship under his belt. He knows how to get it done.

I like them all, but I hope Bell doesn't win. I don't want to listen to preachers yip yapping if Bell wins. I think Larson will take it all, but it won't break my heart if Blaney or Byron can pull it off.

Larson and Blaney have to be the favorites.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Blaney, because, well I am a Blaney fan
Bell, because, well I am a Bell fan
Larson, because, well I am a Larson fan
Byron, because, well I am a Byron fan

can't believe that probably my top 4 cup drivers are running for the championship.
that's pretty crazy. u gotta have a top favorite tho right?

While I want Larson to win, I think it'd be rad to see Byron win it and begin to carve out his legacy in the 24. I am a sucker for that kind of thing.

The more I think about it, the more I think this is a shift for Blaney.

Blaney has been THIS fast for most of his time with Penske. He just hadn't really put full races together and his team hasn't executed.

He's driving differently this year. He dominated and won the 600. He's the best in the series at Talladega. Homestead he closed out a 2nd place finish with a second place car, and had the best car at Martinsville. Outdrove Hamlin, executed, frankly, a flawless race and spanked em.

I don't know if he gets it done Sunday. But he's a different driver than a year ago. Blaney will be a cup champion some day

I think it's going to be a fight between Blaney and Byron.

It's so hard to predict because Phoenix, and history tells us that this will probably come down to a pit stop.
Last year it really didn't though, didn't it? Logano probably had the most dominant championship race we've had in this era.

And as tight as the gen7 competition seems to be, it seems like every other race there's usually a car, a single car that is capable of spanking the field

Will come down to Blaney and Larson

Either Larson or Byron but if pressed I’ll go with Byron. Unfortunately I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch next week so I’ll probably have to read about it later. ☹️

I think any of the 4 can seal the deal if they have a good race next week with a good car and a small amount of team mistakes. I would like to see Byron win it because he is a young HMS driver and has proven his worth at HMS. The only thing that would bum me if Byron wins is that would make my favorite driver Bowman the only driver at HMS without a championship. But if Larson wins we will definitely get to see some very exciting beer chugging in the winners circle. 😃

I just think HMS winning 3 titles in 4 years with 3 different drivers all under 30 is Jimmie Johnson 5 peat level of unlikely.

It's gonna be between Larson and Blaney imo.

Blaney has an edge. Be the most popular championship, outside of Chase, the last 10+ years.

It's interesting because at the race earlier this year, all of them ran really well. I'll default & say Larson is your favorite. He's done it here before outdueling veterans, still should be an awesome race. That 2021 race was electric with Truex basically losing by two feet. I think we'll see a similar kind of duel with a sub 1 second win

Either Larson or Byron but if pressed I’ll go with Byron. Unfortunately I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch next week so I’ll probably have to read about it later. ☹️
Why not? I don't think I will be able to watch the race live, but I will be watching it Monday morning.

I’m happy with any of the 4 winning it, cause all 4 are pretty good drivers and I got no issues seeing any of them get it.

I probably like to see William or Ryan get it if I had to make a choice. But, I say that Larson gets it.

I’m happy with any of the 4 winning it, cause all 4 are pretty good drivers and I got no issues seeing any of them get it.

I probably like to see William or Ryan get it if I had to make a choice. But, I say that Larson gets it.
I'd prefer Larson, but a part of me is really pulling for Blaney, and I could probably emotionally invest in one over the other if I chose.

Back in 2016, Edwards was still my guy. But I became so invested in Johnson getting #7, that I had a hard time really pulling for Carl over Jimmie that race. It was a weird, terrible moment as a fan, especially since my peak investment in NASCAR was during that era.

I'm not nearly as invested in Larson, or Blaney as I was in Edwards or Johnson, so I may just go the safe route and pull for em both lol

If the question was "Who do you want to see win it all?", the answer would easily be Blaney.

But Larson has done this before. Experience matters in this situation.

I hope it's Byron, but I agree all 4 have earned the right to be Champion. I just hope they all have great cars and don't make any stupid mistakes that cause controversy at the end.

I want Byron to win it in the worst way, but there is no way I'm going to make a predication in a one race winner take all format, and I think you could make a case for and against all four. I would LIKE to think HMS has the numbers advantage, but somebody will likely have a car somewhat better than the others, and that could be any one of the four. Really hate to see a Ford and especially a Toyota win, but I'm not going to be disappointed with any of the four drivers.

Back
Top Bottom