Why Does Martin Truex Get So Much Hate On Here?

Brad K,Truex,Logano and Jr. are the drivers I pull for.I know all have different manufacturers decals on the front of their cars.The car they race really means nothing to me,it's not something I would be remotely interested in buying.
Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski and Truex are the guys I pull for now that Smoke is out of the 14 car.

Brad K,Truex,Logano and Jr. are the drivers I pull for.I know all have different manufacturers decals on the front of their cars.The car they race really means nothing to me,it's not something I would be remotely interested in buying.

The manufacturer means nothing to me either as it isn't like years ago when it made a big difference. I think you could put JGR, HMS and Penske with different manufacturers and their results would be the same.

The manufacturer means nothing to me either as it isn't like years ago when it made a big difference. I think you could put JGR, HMS and Penske with different manufacturers and their results would be the same.
Years ago, teams did that and their results were the same or better.

The past is eulogized here every day and memories are supported by "facts" that upon investigation, often turn out to be something else. # fake news

The past is eulogized here every day and memories are supported by "facts" that upon investigation, often turn out to be something else. # fake news

The manufacturer used to make a difference whether it was GM having to build Aero Coups or lobbying to be able to cover the headlights on the Monte Carlo.

I disagree kinda, business ebbs and flows, we see that with sponsors. Every team member knows on Kahne's team that they lost a primary sponsor. Whether they rise to the occasion or hang their heads down in defeat is anybodies guess. Most of the time a change like Truex's team switching to Toyota brings the team together if they have good leadership. In that case yeah, looks like Toyota switch is all Toyota. But on the other hand SHR's switch to Ford and then a recent Ford management change? Penske and SHR (too soon to tell) have the possibility of not having a very good year because of the uncertain chaos factor

I disagree kinda, business ebbs and flows, we see that with sponsors. Every team member knows on Kahne's team that they lost a primary sponsor. Whether they rise to the occasion or hang their heads down in defeat is anybodies guess. Most of the time a change like Truex's team switching to Toyota brings the team together if they have good leadership. In that case yeah, looks like Toyota switch is all Toyota. But on the other hand SHR's switch to Ford and then a recent Ford management change? Penske and SHR (too soon to tell) have the possibility of not having a very good year because of the uncertain chaos factor
Yes, too soon to tell. Probability of recovery? I'd bet on that.

In the much-vaunted past, Richard Petty switched to Ford and to all or most of the GM brands at one time or another. Success with each of them.

Gibbs switched brands. Same result. It's about the team first ... that should be obvious by now.

I liked Martin ( he's also a bowhunter! 2 thumbs up) but the last few years with his JGR car, he thinks people better get out of his way or he'll punt them out of the way. He has done this more than once on late race restarts. That is the reason he isnt on my "favorite" list anymore. But if a toyoder is going to win, I rather see Martin win then those other jibbs idiots.

I liked Martin ( he's also a bowhunter! 2 thumbs up) but the last few years with his JGR car, he thinks people better get out of his way or he'll punt them out of the way. He has done this more than once on late race restarts. That is the reason he isnt on my "favorite" list anymore. But if a toyoder is going to win, I rather see Martin win then those other jibbs idiots.

Truex will have a nice end to his mundane cup career but he has left a lot on the table prior to and since joining the 78 team. People gravitate to underdogs or those that are really good and Truex fits in neither category. I wonder if anyone has a contrasting view?

But it happens ! heck... before the cell phone came along it was the number one activity at stop lights
yuck.gif

I have not read the entire thread, but I dont hate Truax, and calling him a solid driver is an insult. The man is fast and keeps his car up front. The 78 team is probably the most consistent front running car this year, I have to respect Truax for that.

But I have to say I didn't like the way he raced Larson at Dover. Moving the leader in the middle of the race was not only low class imo, it was foolish. And Larson wasnt doing anything wrong, there was no obligation to move over, especially when he's the leader and isnt blocking.

Larson owes it too him now, I just hope he isn't as foolish, he needs to put it on Truax when the stakes are a higher. Going for a win, or moving Truax during a chase race. And tough **** if Truax eats a little cement during the payback, he made himself a candidate for that type of treatment with the move at Dover.

Larson owes it too him now, I just hope he isn't as foolish, he needs to put it on Truax when the stakes are a higher. Going for a win, or moving Truax during a chase race. And tough sh!t if Truax eats a little cement during the payback, he made himself a candidate for that type of treatment with the move at Dover.

The rules NASCAR put in place after the Kenseth incident pretty much squash that. Which is unfortunate. That's kind of the unwritten rule of racing, if someone wrongs you like that, you get them back when it counts.

The rules NASCAR put in place after the Kenseth incident pretty much squash that. Which is unfortunate. That's kind of the unwritten rule of racing, if someone wrongs you like that, you get them back when it counts.
What @ChexOrWrex said.

The case with Kenseth getting Lagano was just to obvious. You can get away with it, if it appears like you were just racing hard and just went a little to far.
Just dont make it look too intentional or like retaliation.

Nah. Its implied Larson will move Truex, not come on track with a broken car & take out the leader.

My understanding was in general drivers race other drivers like they race them so if Kyle Larson is behind Jimmie Johnson in stage one he will do his best not to make contact with him in order to get around him. However if Larson is behind Truex he will still try and pass him without contact but if contact happens and it results in Truex sustaining damage it is no big deal as what comes around goes around.

What rules put in place? All I thought happened was Kenseth got set out a couple of races. He was out of the stupid playoffs anyway.:idunno: In Nascar world, the same thing could happen with different drivers(and we all know who) and nothing could happen

In Nascar world, the same thing could happen with different drivers(and we all know who) and nothing could happen

Oh, come now. NASCAR doesn't play favorites.

NASCAR doesn't do gimmicks either. Brian said so.

Yawn, wake me up when Truex gets as much hate as Kasey Kahne does here. With Kasey it's like he personally Insulted several members mothers.

Martin seems like a good guy or at least plays one on TV. His crew chief on the other hand........[/QUOTE

I don't care for his CC either and some of his attitude may have rubbed off on Marty.

Yawn, wake me up when Truex gets as much hate as Kasey Kahne does here. With Kasey it's like he personally Insulted several members mothers.

KK seems like a decent dude to me but just hasn't produced in the 5 car but Jr hasn't in the 88 either.

Back
Top Bottom