will NASCAR ever run a street circuit and if yes, where?

would you like a street circuit in NASCAR

• yes

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • no

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters

cganassi42

Crew Chief
Would you support this and where would the do this? maybe Charlotte or somewhere in the south?

You should of put another choice, "It doesn't matter to me".

Didn't NASCAR try to get approval for a street race in NY a while back?

I voted yes, even though it wont happen. I don't think effective, moveable barriers exist for cars this heavy.

It might help if you were bit more clear when you say "NASCAR", what series under NASCAR are you talking about ?

It would be cool if Nascar could do a street race as part of a festival-type event in a new market. I believe stock cars are the proper vehicle for a street race, better than F1 or IndyCar. The actual racing would never be as satisfying as a true road course such as Road America or Watkins Glen, but it could be better than existing open-wheel street races... which almost always are dreadful.

I'm not a big fan of street courses, regardless of the series. I guess I don't see what they offer that purpose-built road courses don't. I'm also no fan of using taxpayer money for sports.

Lord no, I hope it never happens. I have no interest in watching cars follow each other, through the concrete canyons of any street course. It's about waiting for a mistake by a driver, or crashing them. I have yet to see any street course I like. If you must have something different, there is an airport out there that used to have some good races.

Yes. In front of my house. So I can have friends over, get ****t hammered drunk at the house and see a race in person at once.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I despise street course racing in ANY form, and stock cars on a street course is the worst kind of street racing of all. It's the only thing that strikes me as worse than the Charlotte roval.

Not at street circuits are equal. People who hate it should check out some NASCAR Pintys races from Trois Rivieres on YouTube. Usually the racing there is awesome. Ive attended it many times and it’s amazing how massive of an event it is as well, in addition to the race track, downtown shuts the streets down and it becomes like a free festival down there with live music and fireworks. That doesn’t mean the racing is good , but at Trois Rivieres it is! I’m not a big fan of the NASCAR race at Toronto though.

Just a little reality check here. That race was 19 525 HP 3000 LB cars going 35 laps. A Cup race would look MUCH different there for MANY reasons.

I do think NASCAR should have one but without making it that different from a road course

The ONLY way a street course would be any kind of decent, is if the whole thing is 3-4 lanes wide all the way around and has no corners sharper than 90 degrees.

The only decent way this would be possible would be to do it in a stadium parking lot - see GP of Houston. There's no way you could shut down a 3-lane street system for 4 days and it not be a cluster....

Le Mans would be the obvious choice. Unless you mean urban streets as opposed to country roads.

Seeing the Cup Series circus approach Long Beach would be tantalizing.

LeMans is still very much a public road system. So is Nurembourg Nordschlief (I think I spelled that right).

Are you sure about Nurembourg being a public road, or just open to the public to run times? I ask because much of the track has roads running alongside it.

Last edited:
Thanks. Your first link says

"The Nurburgring was divided into two sections, the Nordschleife and Sudschleife; this translates to North Loop and South Loop. The shorter Sudschleife was used for club racing practice while the mammoth Nordschleife was a testing facility and showcase of German precision, engineering, and skill."

When I search 'Nuremberg Nordschleife', it comes back with links to Nürburgring I've always known. Perhaps you're thinking of the Sudschleife, which is now closed to racing and part has become public road. :idunno:

sudschleife-map.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Your first link says

"The Nurburgring was divided into two sections, the Nordschleife and Sudschleife; this translates to North Loop and South Loop. The shorter Sudschleife was used for club racing practice while the mammoth Nordschleife was a testing facility and showcase of German precision, engineering, and skill."

When I search 'Nuremberg Nordschleife', it comes back with links to Nürburgring I've always known. Perhaps you're thinking of the Sudschleife, which is now closed to racing and part has become public road. :idunno:

sudschleife-map.jpg
This thread may be half a year old, but I thought I'd let you know that the Nürburgring is not located in Nuremberg (Nürnberg in German), but in a village called Nürburg.
Nuremberg is more than 100 miles away from the Nürburgring.

Nuremberg has a racetrack as well. The Norisring runs around the former Nazi Party rally grounds and might be the only reason to watch DTM.

Did anybody see that a Porsche 919 made a lap at the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 5 minuets and 15 seconds? An unbelievable drive. If they had a track like that, I might consider it. They don't have anything like that over here, so my answer is still no.

Back
Top Bottom