• New Member registration is open. Applicants will be subject to management approval. If you have always wanted to join, now is the time.

William Byron

ToyYoda

Team Owner
a drawback of restrictions on cup guys xfinity is that young stars get less chances to beat the best and truly prove themselves, pretty sure Harrison Burton said smth along those lines
The whole Cup-guys-in-Xfinity thing is kind of a Catch-22. While the restrictions may result in some of the Xfinity guys being not quite ready for Cup when they come up, at least they’re now coming up. There was a pretty big dearth of NW/Xfinity drivers coming up to Cup in those years when Cup drivers were winning pretty much every race. The cupboard was really bare between about 2007 and 2015, when you had guys like Kevin Conway, Andy Lally, Stephen Leicht, and Brett Moffitt winning Cup ROTY. Granted, a lot of Cup seats have opened up in recent years too, with Gordon, Stewart, Earnhardt Jr, Edwards, and Kenseth (for a little bit) all retiring in the last few years.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
a drawback of restrictions on cup guys xfinity is that young stars get less chances to beat the best and truly prove themselves, pretty sure Harrison Burton said smth along those lines
eh I call B.S..They are in Cup making Cup money and THEN they are learning, not having some goofs from Cup racing down in the Xfinity series, bringing their Cup prepared hybrid car and his Cup hybrid team, taking their money and points. Somebody forgot to tell Reddick and Custer they are rookies and Bell has a top 5 and 5 top 10's driving junk.

LJ7201

Team Owner
eh I call B.S..They are in Cup making Cup money and THEN they are learning, not having some goofs from Cup racing down in the Xfinity series, bringing their Cup prepared hybrid car and his Cup hybrid team, taking their money and points. Somebody forgot to tell Reddick and Custer they are rookies and Bell has a top 5 and 5 top 10's driving junk.
I see both ways but the field in Xfinity is so weak it can cloud the judgement of how good these young guys actually are. Past Briscoe and Cindric idk who actually deserves a Cup seat in that series rn. If we're gonna put them in Cup then have them learn up there then the general judgement of young drivers should be far more forgiving and this "Byron hot seat" discussion should not be occurring.

As with most every rule it opens up a can of worms though because with Cup drivers in Xfinity it screws with the "win and you're in" format, etc. What we have now is better than Cup guys running full seasons like Busch 2009 but I wouldn't mind a few more instances of Cup guys coming down than the current rules allow.

Top Bottom