WNBA

Absolutely atrocious refereeing.

The WNBA should just put Clark out there by herself and tell everyone on the opposing team they get a free cheap shot on her.

Officiating is pretty inconsistent, but most of what Clark has been called for has been legit tonight. Does seem like in general there are different thresholds for physicality allowed depending on which jersey you’re wearing though.

Officiating is pretty inconsistent, but most of what Clark has been called for has been legit tonight. Does seem like in general there are different thresholds for physicality allowed depending on which jersey you’re wearing though.
Two of those weren’t, and they’re letting some cheap shots against her fly.

Boston just can not finish around the rim. Decent mid-range shot and good defense. Absolutely can’t finish for some reason.

I legitimately think the WNBA is worried about being seen as showing favoritism toward Clark so they’re almost overdoing it to be seen as fair.

All in all though the Fever played a pretty good game. Clark really is darn good. Give her a little time and we will see how good she can be.

All in all though the Fever played a pretty good game. Clark really is darn good. Give her a little time and we will see how good she can be.
They played a lot better as a whole. Fagbenle played a great game and brings great energy. She and Clark need to be on the floor together.

Aaliyah Boston -18 in 15 minutes
Clark fumbles the inbound pass on the potential game-winning set
More poor coaching from Sides

0-5 with a back-to-back coming up

Watched some of that fourth-quarter Christie Sides coaching masterclass on League Pass.

The Indiana Fever need to get that Brinks truck to Dawn Staley, ASAP. If they can't do that, they need to call Lisa Bluder.

Watched some of that fourth-quarter Christie Sides coaching masterclass on League Pass.

The Indiana Fever need to get that Brinks truck to Dawn Staley, ASAP. If they can't do that, they need to call Lisa Bluder.
She took CC out in the middle of the fourth quarter of a tie game, and by the time she checked back in the Storm had a seven-point lead. 🤷‍♂️

They’re fortunate they even had a chance in the closing seconds after that.

She took CC out in the middle of the fourth quarter of a tie game, and by the time she checked back in the Storm had a seven-point lead. 🤷‍♂️

They’re fortunate they even had a chance in the closing seconds after that.
If Dawn Staley wants ownership of Puerto Rico, Indiana needs to make it happen.

Don't expect too much out of the Indiana Fever right away, guys. Basketball teams get the #1 draft pick for a reason.

Bad coaching is still bad coaching.

Officiating has not been good and seems to always go against the Fever / Clark.
This is neither here nor there with regard to my post. That said, while I agree with your first sentence in a vacuum, I have no opinion on your second sentence since I haven't watched a single WNBA game in its entirety yet this season.

I know from playing the (W)NBA 2K24 game that the Fever don't have all the big stars that some of the other teams have, or didn't have them last year, so I wasn't surprised at all to see that they got the #1 pick. I'm not trying to trash them or Clark, just calling it like I see it and trying to encourage some realistic expectation setting here, that's all.

More than a little truth in this article about Indiana's start to this season.

Christie Sides Delivers Blunt Message To Caitlin Clark, Fever Critics​

Officiating has not been good and seems to always go against the Fever / Clark.
The uncalled foul where she took a hit to the head and got knocked down was an egregious example.

I still think the refs are trying too hard not to show favoritism and are calling the other way. I get not wanting to show favoritism especially when the spotlight is so large, combined with how many people in the media and league want Clark to fail.

Elements of the media is pushing Angel Reese as the face of women’s basketball HARD.

Speaking of Reese, every time I start to like her, she does some fool **** to show just how low class she is.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ange...led-jab-caitlin-clarks-popularity-impact-wnba

Barkley nailed it the other night.

None of this helps.

And the refs need to come down hard on cheap shots on Clark tonight. The open season gotta stop.
Angel knows how to gas up a rivalry. I think she was actually speaking more towards Barkley here, but she knows how Clark fans are going to take this. And quite frankly, it’s good for business.

The uncalled foul where she took a hit to the head and got knocked down was an egregious example.

I still think the refs are trying too hard not to show favoritism and are calling the other way. I get not wanting to show favoritism especially when the spotlight is so large, combined with how many people in the media and league want Clark to fail.

Elements of the media is pushing Angel Reese as the face of women’s basketball HARD.
I think the officiating is merely incompetent, but she’s wound up being on the wrong side of it more often than not so far. She did get away with essentially tackling someone in the second half against Seattle, so I think she understood that if a certain crew is gonna let you play 90’s ball, have at it.

Though I think the inconsistency between crews is the bigger issue. One group will let them go full havoc mode and another will call a bunch of ticky-tack BS, for even simply being near someone. That’s the type of calls she got in her debut game.

First-time head coach coaching a young, inexperienced, scrutinized team sounds like a recipe for disaster. I almost wonder if she’s actually supposed to be the tank commander leading the charge for another top pick.

Tonight’s game should be fun though. It’s Cameron Brink night in America. 🔥

Angel knows how to gas up a rivalry. I think she was actually speaking more towards Barkley here, but she knows how Clark fans are going to take this. And quite frankly, it’s good for business.

She's a firebrand for sure, which is fine. But she has done this in the past then played the victim card. If you're going to be a rabble rouser, own it.

The crazy thing is the media. I see articles and posts from sports media outlets basically crowning Angel Reese Rookie of the Year and MVP. They will, with a straight face, say Caitlin Clark's stats last game are mediocre and then say Angel Reese' stats, which are nowhere near as good, are MVP-caliber.

I get the point the media is making, even though I don't agree with it. They think the face of the sport HAS TO be black, and they've said as much. But why push blatantly false narratives when you've got tons of established, African-American talent in the league already. And that's their biggest complain about Clark is, ther'es "too much focus on her" and "not enough on players who are already there," but those same outlets instantly prop up Reese instead.

It's really sad that elements of the sports media, as well as MSNBC, the USA Today, ESPN and CNN all go out of their way to create a racial division here instead of talking up the sport and praising the fact that people are taking an interest in women's sports.

More than a little truth in this article about Indiana's start to this season.

Christie Sides Delivers Blunt Message To Caitlin Clark, Fever Critics​

The Indiana Fever players need to tune out the noise and keep focusing on getting better.

Anyone writing articles blaming Caitlin Clark for Indiana's struggles, or labeling her a bust, or saying Angel Reese is the definitive Rookie of the Year and in MVP consideration, should be fired for journalistic malpractice. Hot takes are part of sports media in the social age, but the anti-Clark narrative is not rooted in reality.

Back
Top Bottom