World 600 Pre-race thread

Watched last year's 600 and the Wednesday 300 to get ready for this weekend. Fascinating. Chase was good. JGR good on Sunday, terrible on Wednesday....but got right at the end. Hamlin lost ballast on Sunday, and it took him until the end on Wednesday to get back to the front with the starting order rules as they were. Penske was good at the end in the 600 at the end when it mattered. Harvick fell apart in the long run. Lots going on, and lots to look forward to Sunday! Can't wait!

Screenshot_20210528-103236_Facebook.jpg

I realize that scum will resort to that sort of thing.

Vaxxed and relaxed.
It will still be better then not making them prove it. There will only be a percentage of people that will go to the trouble of getting a fake card...especially if there has to be booster shots with the cards being updated every 6 months or so.

Kyle Busch was WFO through turns 1 & 2 and only lifted for about a quarter of a second through 3 & 4.

If these guys are mirroring lap times because of nearly zero off throttle time, this is gonna be a long 600 miles.

1st through 10th in practice times were only separated by 3 tenths of a second.

Kyle Busch was WFO through turns 1 & 2 and only lifted for about a quarter of a second through 3 & 4.

If these guys are mirroring lap times because of nearly zero off throttle time, this is gonna be a long 600 miles.

INCREASE. HORSEPOWER. NOW.

I'm hoping there'll be some tire wear that will cause these guys to lift but I doubt we'll see much. Cloudy and downright cold with temps in the 50s most of the race.

Stenhouse is trimmed out and couldn't get it through 3 and 4 well.

Going to be a long day for him.

Larson takes the pole position and all of HMS are in the top 7.

Pretty much, but I'm curious about how they look come lap 25 or 30 of a run come race day.
Not sure, will certainly have more variance as the grip levels wear down but it’s pretty anticlimactic.

These qualifying speeds are the lowest since the mid-1990s and just a few years ago Kevin Harvick’s pole speed was 196.

It will still be better then not making them prove it. There will only be a percentage of people that will go to the trouble of getting a fake card...especially if there has to be booster shots with the cards being updated every 6 months or so.
Honestly, I doubt many would forge a card. Not getting the vaccine is a statement. Forging the card contradicts the narrative that those folks have held dear for many months...I doubt that they would compromise the narrative for garage access...but to your point, there is a dick (or several) in every crowd.

Not bad...8 out of the top 10 cars are.......................................Chevys. :dpepsi:
4 out of the top 7 are Hendrick cars and you add in the Stenhouse car with the Hendrick engine 5/7. It will be interesting to see if Stenhouse will be able to hang with the Hendrick cars

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that one of 3 HMS drivers will win this race and tie Bowman with 2 wins at HMS...or Bowman will win this race and tie MTJ with 3 wins over all. Good job again MR. Larson ...you may be a small guy standing next to a race car but you are as big as Dallas and as ferocious as a pack of wild lions inside of a race car. Thank you MR. Hendrick for seeing the high value in Kyle Larson and giving him a second chance.

Last edited:
4 out of the top 7 are Hendrick cars and you add in the Stenhouse car with the Hendrick engine 5/7. It will be interesting to see if Stenhouse will be able to hang with the Hendrick cars
We have kind of forgotten how all of this works because it has been so long since we had qualifying.....I wouldn't take the hats to victory lane without checking the lap averages from last night. We will see. It should be fun. MTJ at P8 with OUR set up philosophy on 550 tracks should be concerning to all of you having your Chevy victory beers already. He started P14 in 2019, finished first....when it counted. In fact that was the story of all of '19....Larson on pole is intriguing. I don't buy that he can't keep up with a race....great time to find out tomorrow.

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that one of 3 HMS drivers will win this race and tie Bowman with 2 wins at HMS...or Bowman will win this race and tie MTJ with 3 wins over all. Good job again MR. Larson ...you may be a small guy standing next to a race car but you are as big as Dallas and as ferocious as a pack of wild lions inside of a race car. Thank you MR. Hendrick for seeing the high value in Kyle Larson and giving him a second chance.
Get a room. :D

Back
Top Bottom