World of Outlaws 2020

Sheldon was absolutely trouncing the field again tonight and leading by over 6 seconds with two to go when he blew a RR. Could have won all three races this weekend, but only gets one. Wow. Gravel ends up winning with James McFadden getting another strong run in second. In terms of the points battle, Schuchart 4th, Sweet 6th, Schatz 10th.

FB_IMG_1601221579387.jpg

i love woo,but last time they went there ,they where way to fast,i dont remember the speed or the banking they used,but it was just crazy,maybe someone can look it up.

Last edited:

Swindell qualified at a 13.86. Chase Elliott broke the Cup record last year with a 14.57. With a dirt surface, I'm going to guess the Cup cars will be doing 18s.
That doesn't seem unreasonable i mean Gravel just did a 12 at Eldora it all depends on track prep though

Tonight and tomorrow night are the National Open at Williams Grove. The richest race of this year with $75,000 going to Saturday's winner.

Tonight and tomorrow night are the National Open at Williams Grove. The richest race of this year with $75,000 going to Saturday's winner.
Let's go Posse

Are you going?
Unfortunately I have work, I've actually never been to the Grove because its hard to do that drive on a Friday ita about an hour and a half away

The reason a lot of track records date back to that time period in the early '00s is that 2003 is when they started adding rules to address cost and competition issues. Most prominently a minimum weight rule and tire restrictions. That they are breaking records again now with these rules in place is something.

David Gravel dominates and takes the win tonight. Big night for that team in its quest for the owners championship, as Schatz was 7th, Sweet 11th, and Schuchart 17th. It's looking more possible that there could be different driver and team champions.

Larson finished second after torrid battles with both Freddie Rahmer and Shane Stewart. Aaron Reutzel was on the move in 4th. Larson sounded confident about the big show tomorrow night, and said they are the best they've been at the Grove this year.

30 cars started, i really like how this guys mostly get along.gravel has been winning these big money races.should be a great race,

Thanks for frequent updates @gnomesayin

Being new to racing in general I never had much of an interest in dirt racing. However, seeing the updates in this subsection has definitely caught my attention! Im moving in about two months and will be about 70 minutes from Bridgeport Motorsports Park. Any reason why they didn’t go there this year, even though it’s listed on their website? I can’t find the schedule for next season so hopefully they go back? If not I might have to make the long trek out to Williams Groove which would be just shy of 2 hours away.

On a positive note, I’m moving literally 15 minutes away from Grandview Speedway so I’ll most definitely use that to experiece my first dirt racing.

Thanks again.

Thanks for frequent updates @gnomesayin

Being new to racing in general I never had much of an interest in dirt racing. However, seeing the updates in this subsection has definitely caught my attention! Im moving in about two months and will be about 70 minutes from Bridgeport Motorsports Park. Any reason why they didn’t go there this year, even though it’s listed on their website? I can’t find the schedule for next season so hopefully they go back? If not I might have to make the long trek out to Williams Groove which would be just shy of 2 hours away.

On a positive note, I’m moving literally 15 minutes away from Grandview Speedway so I’ll most definitely use that to experiece my first dirt racing.

Thanks again.
Covid canceled Bridgeport, I was there in 2019 it was great they've rebuilt a new length track since then. Grandview is my favorite PA dirt track, sprints aren't regular there but the NASCAR dirt mods always put on a great show. Plus when the sprints do visit with the All Star Circuit of Champions and PA Speedweek is always great. I hope to actually race in the Enduro series that runs at Grandview if not in 2021 2022 for sure.

Covid canceled Bridgeport, I was there in 2019 it was great they've rebuilt a new length track since then. Grandview is my favorite PA dirt track, sprints aren't regular there but the NASCAR dirt mods always put on a great show. Plus when the sprints do visit with the All Star Circuit of Champions and PA Speedweek is always great. I hope to actually race in the Enduro series that runs at Grandview if not in 2021 2022 for sure.
Thanks for the info brotha. I look forward to getting to some dirt races next spring.

If you end up racing let me know and I’ll most definitely go baring any schedule conflicts!

Thanks for the info brotha. I look forward to getting to some dirt races next spring.

If you end up racing let me know and I’ll most definitely go baring any schedule conflicts!
For sure need a fan club lol

Wowzers, what a race. Donny Schatz had that Ford horsepower working and narrowly holds off a charging Kyle Larson to take the 75 grand. Larson got into the wall trying to pass him in the final corner, and Schatz then hit the wall on the cool down lap, lol.

Several contenders running up front throughout the race, including Gravel and Schuchart. Some people complain about the racing at the Grove being meh, but I think it's been good lately, and it was fantastic tonight.

It's nice that Larson is (somewhat) human again. He's always there at the end, but these guys can hang with him lately.

i think that is the rear brake.he must use a different pad than the others,cool on broad shots.

We made the last minute decision to fly to Williams Grove for the Open. Needed to de_ice the plane in Sioux Falls friday morning which put us half hour late to connecting flight out of chicago to Harrisburg. Instead of arriving 1115. We arrived at 445 so we missed out a half a day in Pa. But the racing and the atmosphere was fantastic. A little cold by the end of the night. We had reserved seats, but upgraded to infield/ pit so we could experience the tunnel, bridge and a pit walk. Great time. If we weren't moving to South Dakota in 2 weeks, wed probably fly right back for Port this weekend. Our pit experience was awesome getting invited to watch from the 57 and 5M trailers all night. Beer Hill obviously has taken a liking to the 57 car.

Attachments

• 20201003_211245.jpg
    20201003_211245.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
  • 20201003_212901.jpg
    20201003_212901.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
  • 20201003_205927.jpg
    20201003_205927.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 184
Was listening to Winged Nation yesterday they talked to Donny Schatz interesting comments from him about how he says Covid had an effect on them improving on the Ford engine which has slowed them down this year.

Eldora running 2 of all their big events next year?

I think Wayne Johnson was on a podcast I listened to last week and said they hadn't been told of the finals will be in Charlotte or Volusia

Tony Stewart is racing with the Outlaws for I believe the first time this year tonight at Port Royal. Larson is in the field as well and is the obvious favorite. He's been successful there all summer. Schatz is really good lately though, set fast time and won the first heat.

Track never slicked off tonight and was harder to pass on. Larson started on the pole and won easily, with Danny Dietrich representing the Posse in second. Schatz finished seventh and Sweet 11th, so he gained a few points. Schuchart was 12th.

Larson gets his 40th win of the season in 80 dirt starts. His 11th WoO win in 24 starts.

Glad to see Danny have a good night he's been of lately

Back
Top Bottom