World of Outlaws 2020

Track never slicked off tonight and was harder to pass on. Larson started on the pole and won easily, with Danny Dietrich representing the Posse in second. Schatz finished seventh and Sweet 11th, so he gained a few points. Schuchart was 12th.

Larson gets his 40th win of the season in 80 dirt starts. His 11th WoO win in 24 starts.
Yep, nobody could touch Larson last night. I was explaining to my daughter about the PA Posse VS Outlaws. But I couldn't explain to her which one won last night. :)
Went down in the pits after the race and as soon as Larson got out of the car he started greeting fans. I even saw him call over one young boy. I always have like Larson, but this year is obviously going to leave a huge impact on how he acts now and in the future.
Looking forward to round 2 tonight and if anybody can run with him.

Larson catches a break tonight and wins again. Brent Marks passed him with 3 to go, but there was a caution before they crossed the stripe, giving Larson the lead back. Larson, Marks, Dewease on the podium.

In the championship race, Schuchart was 4th, Sweet 8th, Schatz 11th, Gravel 21st. This puts Schuchart back a bit closer to Sweet, and Gravel's bad night will put Sweet back on top of the owner points.

i dont think tony stewart liked getting laped ,he sure raced him hard ,kind of funny .marks was really fast.

Larson catches a break tonight and wins again. Brent Marks passed him with 3 to go, but there was a caution before they crossed the stripe, giving Larson the lead back. Larson, Marks, Dewease on the podium.
We were there and I saw that. I had just assumed Kyle backed off because of the caution. Marks was gaining so i guessed I misjudged that.

We were there and I saw that. I had just assumed Kyle backed off because of the caution. Marks was gaining so i guessed I misjudged that.

Larson caught a lapped car wrong, I believe it was the #83, and Marks was hauling on the high side and drove around him on the outside right before the caution.

Then again, who is to say that Larson wouldn't have found his way back around him in the next three laps.

This is bizarre. I'm guessing Gravel has other plans for next year, or this wouldn't be happening. He would likely be leading the drivers points if he had run all the races.

In addition to the Truck race at Kansas, Gravel is also make his USAC Silver Crown debut on Sunday in Illinois.

This is bizarre. I'm guessing Gravel has other plans for next year, or this wouldn't be happening. He would likely be leading the drivers points if he had run all the races.

In addition to the Truck race at Kansas, Gravel is also make his USAC Silver Crown debut on Sunday in Illinois.

The whole situation around PPM seemed weird and no one seems to understand it. Lots of moving parts that are effecting others

Shane Stewart jumps in the JJR #41 and delivers a victory in his first outing at Lakeside. Lakeside is my home track, even though I don't live there anymore. When I did, I was there every week.

Brad Sweet drives from 13th to finish 2nd, and Logan Schuchart finishes 3rd. That drive will go a long way toward preserving Sweet's championship if he wins. The #41 will still be right in the owner points race after that win.

James McFadden gets it done in the Kahne #9 car, his first WoO victory since 2017. Nice to see him get one, he's been close. Sweet finishes second and Schatz third. Schuchart got lapped, so Sweet increases his points margin considerably.

iam sad that they didnt come to calif this year, but watching live is pretty cool.mcfadden did a great job 1 -2 for kane racing

Just received a text message from the Charlotte Dirt Track. The World Finals are cancelled for 2020.
:(

It looks like they will be running the sprints and late models but not the mods. They are calling it the "last call" and are surprisingly still selling tickets. Late models run Wednesday and Thursday with the sprints running Friday and Saturday.

Limited capacity in the stands and the pits. Unfortunate, but understandable and needed at this time.

In other news, it is heavily rumored that Kyle Larson Racing and the #2 WoO entry are shutting down at the end of the season. This is apparently common knowledge in the pits. The lack of direct support from Chevy and Larson's reduced income likely made it tough. Carson Macedo is said to be a frontrunner for the #41 JJR car. Don't know where Gravel is landing. The Roth #83 is one possibility, if he is to remain a full time Outlaws driver. Likely depends on what his NASCAR prospects are.

It looks like they will be running the sprints and late models but not the mods. They are calling it the "last call" and are surprisingly still selling tickets. Late models run Wednesday and Thursday with the sprints running Friday and Saturday.

Will try for tickets tomorrow and see what happenss.

Limited capacity in the stands and the pits. Unfortunate, but understandable and needed at this time.

In other news, it is heavily rumored that Kyle Larson Racing and the #2 WoO entry are shutting down at the end of the season. This is apparently common knowledge in the pits. The lack of direct support from Chevy and Larson's reduced income likely made it tough. Carson Macedo is said to be a frontrunner for the #41 JJR car. Don't know where Gravel is landing. The Roth #83 is one possibility, if he is to remain a full time Outlaws driver. Likely depends on what his NASCAR prospects are.
I think Gravel will be more on the pavement then dirt next year.

Hopefully Hendrick let’s him run a lot of races instead of being a NASCAR robot.

There is a $10,000 bonus (on top of the regular purse) for anyone who can win both the non-winged sprint feature and the WoO race tonight at Kokomo. These drivers are trying it, most racing on USAC turf that is very familiar to them.

There is a $10,000 bonus (on top of the regular purse) for anyone who can win both the non-winged sprint feature and the WoO race tonight at Kokomo. These drivers are trying it, most racing on USAC turf that is very familiar to them.

I just don't see anyone listed there doing it. If someone like Larson or Bell was attempting it I'd be more inclined to think it could happen.

I just don't see anyone listed there doing it. If someone like Larson or Bell was attempting it I'd be more inclined to think it could happen.

I agree, it's a long shot. The only thing that makes it possible is that Kokomo is a bull ring (HP and raw speed less important) and these non-winged guys know it so well.

I agree, it's a long shot. The only thing that makes it possible is that Kokomo is a bull ring (HP and raw speed less important) and these non-winged guys know it so well.
True, I'm just not sure how much some of them have with wings

Haudenschild wins at Kokomo with Schatz in second and Schuchart third.

Brad Sweet was running fourth with three laps to go when something broke in the engine. It began pouring smoke and he had to limp to the finish in 11th. This will allow Schuchart and Schatz to close the points gap back up before the final weekend in Charlotte.

Kokomo is a great little track and I hope the Outlaws come back.

Having said that, since Sweet was able to finish 11rh and not say 20th, he's still in good shape unless he DNFs in Charlotte. I believe after tonight he is up by 46 over Schuchart and 64 over Schatz.

I wonder if Sheldon will get a NASCAR shot? He's a well spoken kid for a sponsor like NOS, and can drive like crazy.

Schatz made an interesting remark in his interview that Sheldon had figured out how to be better than his Dad. He's made a big step forward this year, and will probably be in the WoO championship mix starting next season.

5 into it, Larson started 14th now 8th. Looking better than his heat race.
Gravel leading.
Schatz stated 12th, up to 5th 8 into it. Larson up to 7th

The track is really racey tonight, like to see that, because it wasn't great for the late models.

It was dusty, but thankfully not rubber down, and a fine race through the field. Fun to see Larson gain positions and the battles between Haud, Schatz, Sweet, and Macedo.

Gravel wins and the #41 retains a narrow chance to win the owners' championship, while Sweet effectively clinches the drivers' title with a fourth place finish.

Gravel says in his interview that he wishes he was in the car for the three races he missed, because he knows he would be right there with Sweet. Yeah, me too. Good to know he is apparently committed to run full-time next year.

Conditions way worse then when I was there last year.

I'm interested that KKR brought out a 3rd car for Kasey, especially since they didn't even bring the 9 to Charlotte last year. I hope it's a sign Kasey plans to be back behind the wheel more in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom