Xfinity RACE thread --- Atlanta

fine question imo. He didnt blame Kyle, he simply asked him if hed heard the news. It broke before the truck race even started.

So, you are saying that Bob had no idea what he would get by asking that question at that time? Oh, okay.

So isn't that what racing is all about? Recognition gets you places, been part of the sport any sport really forever.
He's taking that away from other drivers. He's bringing cars that can't pass inspection multiple times. There's no consequence for him doing so. There are consequences for the guys who need the recognition.

Kyle is only the driver. The crew chief is the one that let the car get setup to the degree that it would not pass post race inspection. He should have had a little more faith in his drivers driving ability and not set the car up so close to the the edge. The majority of this thread points out that Kyle is a way better driver then most of the other drivers...so they probably didn't need to set the car up so close to the edge.

Last edited:
there is no more to this race then the failed insception of the race winner

Because it is Kyle Damn Busch....but nobody will admit that. Just giggle.
Its the top 5 being all cup drivers, 3 of them past cup champions. Its stupid. Nascar set up a points system that is intended to award winning & the top 10 in each stage, but when 50% of those points are stolen by drivers in a more talented series its such a buzzkill.

^^ Prolly a mistake.

The inspector was drunk.

Spring sag.

Stuck shock.

Faulty inspection tools.

Its the top 5 being all cup drivers, 3 of them past cup champions. Its stupid. Nascar set up a points system that is intended to award winning & the top 10 in each stage, but when 50% of those points are stolen by drivers in a more talented series its such a buzzkill.
Can't disagree here.

The thing has run its course.

How would penalties hurt them? The only one that would matter is if Nascar said they were banned from racing in the lower tiers for X amount of races, other than that a monetary penalty will mean nothing.
By penalizing them at the Cup level. And yes, it has happened (see Kyle's Cup race suspension for actions in a truck race in 2011).

thought cup guys didn't get the points? or am i wrong on this?

By penalizing them at the Cup level. And yes, it has happened (see Kyle's Cup race suspension for actions in a truck race in 2011).
Rare instance, not going to make a difference unless cup guys get banned.....which will never happen!

The regulars get points for where they finished. Would be silly to give a regular that finished 5 first place points. Cup drivers don't get any points.

Why would the Cup driver get any of the points? pretty sure the highest regular series driver gets the points.
Cup drivers dont collect any points. NXS drivers collect points relative to their real positions, not as the highest series driver.

The regulars get points for where they finished. Would be silly to give a regular that finished 5 first place points. Cup drivers don't get any points.
Tha'ts what i thought so why say the Cup drivers are taking away points in a previous post, forgot who said it, because they aren't... the Xfinity regulars get the points.:rolleyes:

Tha'ts what i thought so why say the Cup drivers are taking away points in a previous post, forgot who said it, because they aren't... the Xfinity regulars get the points.:rolleyes:
Huh?

They are taking away opportunities for stage points and playoff points. If you're the highest-finishing Xfinity regular in a stage or race but maybe 6th overall you're not getting any playoff points. And if you're maybe the 4th Xfinity finisher at the end of a stage but 11th overall you're not getting any additional regular season points.

Huh?

They are taking away opportunities for stage points and playoff points. If you're the highest-finishing Xfinity regular in a stage or race but maybe 6th overall you're not getting any playoff points. And if you're maybe the 4th Xfinity finisher at the end of a stage but 11th overall you're not getting any additional regular season points.
How can that be possible? It is where you finish as a regular Xfinity competitor that determines the amount of points you receive, Cup drivers don't get those points because they aren't competing for the championship nor are they eligible to.

They are still taking away points from regulars by beating up on lesser competition. They are still technically scoring owners points so there is points being scored for those finishes.

They are still taking away points from regulars by beating up on lesser competition. They are still technically scoring owners points so there is points being scored for those finishes.
Owners points differ from actual driver points so I still don't understand why everyone is pissed a Cup regular is taking away points from these guys....they aren't because they aren't earning points as a Cup regular....WTF!

I dont want to see my favorite cup drivers in the "lower" series let alone the ones I cant stand. Competition isnt even close which makes for a boring race. Soooooooo I wont watch it. From the looks of it, I'm not alone. Empty stands is the first indication that it isnt a good choice by nafcar. Putting MW in the booth makes it a disaster.

You seem to be struggling here. Let me try an analogy for you.

Imagine you go to your local supermarket and you purchase ten apples. Now, imagine as you are leaving you run into me and I grab six of your apples. I take them and smash them on the ground and leave. Now you have four apples and I have zero. Are you ok with it because you have some apples and I don't have any?
DO CUP DRIVERS GET POINTS FOR RACING IN XFINITY????

The highest finishing Xfinity driver gets points for the championshiop, it is all relative to the position in which as Xfinity driver he places in, so how the hell is having the Cup drivers there in the Xfinity series who do not earn championship points affect the outcome? It doesn't it is all relative, Xfinity driver earns X amount of points as the first Xfinity driver and along down the order. They, Xfinity drivers, still accumulate points, championship points, the 4 race bonus clash BS and run for the Chase. Cup drivers are not allowed to participate in the Chase, so i fail to see your point. No matter if the Cup guys were there or not it is all relative to where the Xfinity driver finishes....period, end of story.

This thread is starting to remind me of an old Led Zeppelin song, well, two actually..... Communication Breakdown & the Song Remains the Same. Hell, while we're at it throw Dazed and Confused in there.
It's not ....simple Cup guys don't get points....it doesn't affect Xfinity points standings, if did the entire championship would be meaningless.

@Mopardh9

0FCSSYf.png

40 points go to 1st, 35 for 2nd, 34 for 3rd, 33 for 4th, etc.
Stage points go from 10 points for 1st down to 1 point for 10th overall.

Sadler finishes 5th overall (32 points), 10th in Stage 1 (1 point), and 7th in Stage 2 (4 points) = 37 total points.

IF points were done relative to other Xfinity drivers he would have 40 (for "winning") + 7 (for finishing 4th among Xfinity drivers in Stage 1) + 9 (for finishing 2nd among Xfinity drivers in Stage 2) = 56. He would also have another 5 playoff points for "winning".

Since no Xfinity drivers won any stage the only playoff points are those from last week at Daytona.

@Mopardh9

0FCSSYf.png

40 points go to 1st, 35 for 2nd, 34 for 3rd, 33 for 4th, etc.
Stage points go from 10 points for 1st down to 1 point for 10th overall.

Sadler finishes 5th overall (32 points), 10th in Stage 1 (1 point), and 7th in Stage 2 (4 points) = 37 total points.

IF points were done relative to other Xfinity drivers he would have 40 (for "winning") + 7 (for finishing 4th among Xfinity drivers in Stage 1) + 9 (for finishing 2nd among Xfinity drivers in Stage 2) = 56. He would also have another 5 playoff points for "winning".

Since no Xfinity drivers won any stage the only playoff points are those from last week at Daytona.

Which is exactly how it should be. You can't give Sadler 1st place points when he didn't finish 1st. There can only be 1 winner. Your IF scenario is completely illogical.

Sad though. The youngster tryin' to make it to the big time 'n the cup guys get in the way.

I don't see it as sad at all. I see it as a proving ground. One of these youngsters beats a Cup driver like Larson, Jones, Elliott, and Suarez have people take notice, and "names are made". I do look forward to the Dash for Cash races they do that won't have Cup drivers in them though as it is nice to see them get to battle each other for the win, but stealing a win away from Kyle Busch or Brad Keselowski means a lot more.

I don't mind Cup guys. I'm just really really really sick of Cup guys with their Cup lite teams in Xfinity. I will continue watching Trucks & Cup a lot, but Xfinity is the same **** show year after year since 2009.

Personally I think it's interesting these Cup guys go to Trucks, and they run well, but without their Cup team there, they don't look as good. Even Kyle has looked beatable in Trucks.

Back
Top Bottom