Xfinity RACE thread --- Daytona

What was the margin of victory that declared the winner? 0.000 isnt a margin - it’s still zero.

What was the margin of victory that declared the winner? 0.000 isnt a margin - it’s still zero.
Photo finish. I guess they don't have the capability to go out four decimal places yet. A few series here and there do but not many.

Photo finish. I guess they don't have the capability to go out four decimal places yet. A few series here and there do but not many.
Thats a joke right.

This sports tracks every movement a pit road member makes, how tight lug nuts are, and prohibits certain conversations on podcasts but cant get the margin of victory and leaves it up to the ****** camera?

Plenty of reason and the first is that it's the most entertaining form of racing NASCAR presents.
No it isn't. Wrecking half the field, trying to get 2 laps completed in over an hour, is entertaining for those who like wrecks. For someone who likes real racing the first 2/3 of the race were a pretty good example, but for the last hour and 15 minutes it was an embarrassment.

No it isn't. Wrecking half the field, trying to get 2 laps completed in over an hour, is entertaining for those who like wrecks. For someone who likes real racing the first 2/3 of the race were a pretty good example, but for the last hour and 15 minutes it was an embarrassment.

Simple fact that it is and you are in denial. I agree the first 2/3 was great but so was the wait for that finish. As a fan I was happy to OT after OT so we could get a finish, and see more racing. Wrecks are part of the sport and are going to happen, they don't effect my thoughts on the race.

Well obviosly
Simple fact that it is and you are in denial. I agree the first 2/3 was great but so was the wait for that finish. As a fan I was happy to OT after OT so we could get a finish, and see more racing. Wrecks are part of the sport and are going to happen, they don't effect my thoughts on the race.
According to your avatar "everything is great", that pretty much sums you up, glad you think that, you are more than entitled to that opinion, I on the other hand having watched Cup racing for 50 years see things from a perspective of a fan who has seen just about everything in this sport. What I saw yesterday was a ridiculous attempt at ending a race, I understand the finishing under caution thing, I have bitched about that myself. However it became excessive, I feel Nascar needs to change it back to 2 tries, if not then it ends under caution. Too many cars got torn up, plate racing is bad enough as it is, lets not add insult to injury.

Why do you care that cars got tore up? It's a regular occurrence in racing and keeps people employed. Unless you own the car I don't see why one would care.

Why do you care that cars got tore up? It's a regular occurrence in racing and keeps people employed. Unless you own the car I don't see why one would care.
It's excessive at plate tracks, you don't get 25 car pile ups at any other tracks other than Dega and Daytona. I'm not going to get into the beaten like a horse debate on plates again, I'm just going to say it's really getting on the silly side with all the wrecks.

It's excessive at plate tracks, you don't get 25 car pile ups at any other tracks other than Dega and Daytona. I'm not going to get into the beaten like a horse debate on plates again, I'm just going to say it's really getting on the silly side with all the wrecks.

Which is what makes them unique and the most entertaining and most watched races of the year.

Not to mention, in a not to distant past, the plate races cost each team about 25% of their annual budget, Not all these teams have blank checks just handed to them. When one of the biggest factors in the demise on NASCAR is the expense to race coupled with declining sponsorship dollars, tore up cars do not help at all. Maybe it's nothing to NASCAR what it cost these teams, especially the smaller teams, But, I promise anyone, it matters to the owner writing the checks.

Not to mention, in a not to distant past, the plate races cost each team about 25% of their annual budget, Not all these teams have blank checks just handed to them. When one of the biggest factors in the demise on NASCAR is the expense to race coupled with declining sponsorship dollars, tore up cars do not help at all. Maybe it's nothing to NASCAR what it cost these teams, especially the smaller teams, But, I promise anyone, it matters to the owner writing the checks.

pretty simple now to make an aero car for the 500

Back
Top Bottom