Xfinity RACE thread --- Homestead

If burton switched to boxers from briefs his voice would drop an octave or two.

I hardly followed this season. Why is everyone saying reddick winning is a joke? Lol.

I hardly followed this season. Why is everyone saying reddick winning is a joke? Lol.

He only won one race at a plate track and he did luck himself in with Allgaier wrecking out at Phoenix was Reddick's saving grace.

Reddick played the system and won out. I'm not mad at all.

I've always said NASCAR could have their Homestead Bowl and simply have the top two in the standings square off head to head. Forget all of the playoffs baloney leading up to it, because none of that has increased interest.

It would likely be even more intense, and few would have a big problem with the second best driver / team stealing a championship instead of whatever the #9 has been in this series this year.

Boys in the booth were saying Custer pitting late and he gave up track position. Horse feathers, Custer had fresher tires and was losing time,,pitting late is no excuse

Yeah pretty much B.S. like a whole bunch of the booth announcing. Reddick kept getting better as the race wore on.

This format is why nobody in the international motorsports community takes NASCAR seriously anymore
Not saying Reddick deserved it, but he did want he needed to, and if their was no playoffs Hermic or Custer would have won on points. I still take NASCAR more seriously then F1 now

Congratulations to Reddick, the #9 team and JRMotorsports! 2018 Xfinity Champions
checkbanana.gif

People are crapping on Reddick’s Championship, but it’s more legitimate than when Austin Dillon won it a few years ago with 0 wins IMO.

When Sam Hornish is the second best driver... Yeah, that was '12 season was really questionable.

Depth of drivers have improved a lot since then IMHO.

People are crapping on Reddick’s Championship, but it’s more legitimate than when Austin Dillon won it a few years ago with 0 wins IMO.

Uh idk about that....he was the best point earning driver all season long that year so...

Dillon was at least one of the two clear best drivers (Hornish) in the series that year. He just didn't win anything because Cup drivers could still win everything they wanted to.

Why can't NASCAR have a traditional points format, like almost every other form of auto racing (with the exception of Drag Racing, the NHRA having an elimination stype format makes sense for them), like IMSA, WoO, IndyCar, or F1, instead NASCAR has to try to be like stick and ball sports like always...

Why can't NASCAR have a traditional points format, like almost every other form of auto racing (with the exception of Drag Racing, the NHRA having an elimination stype format makes sense for them), like IMSA, WoO, IndyCar, or F1, instead NASCAR has to try to be like stick and ball sports like always...
I'll be the first to say IMSA has a dumb points scale.

Idk what WoO do.

IndyCar has goofy ass double points for the last race of the year. Screwed Montoya out of a championship

It's only been 16 years...we need another decade to see if this thing takes off.

DewChaser --- voice your displeasure to NASCAR. They're the only ones who can change it.

Let's not dump on a driver because he won and played by the rules that are in place.

DewChaser --- voice your displeasure to NASCAR. They're the only ones who can change it.

Let's not dump on a driver because he won and played by the rules that are in place.
I am not dumping on Reddick, it's not the player, it's the game I hate, besides NASCAR won't listen to me anyway, they don't care about the hardcore fans, it's pretty obvious based on NASCAR's decision making as of late

I've always said NASCAR could have their Homestead Bowl and simply have the top two in the standings square off head to head. Forget all of the playoffs baloney leading up to it, because none of that has increased interest.

It would likely be even more intense, and few would have a big problem with the second best driver / team stealing a championship instead of whatever the #9 has been in this series this year.

I agree. A top 2 would be a more compelling story line, I think a 12 > 8 > 4 >2 format and 8 > 4 >2 in the other make a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom