Xfinity RACE thread --- Martinsville

I dont believe for a second that ANYBODY will get retaliated against in any series. Wanna get parked for the 500? No? Ok then sit and thank your sponsors and fight the other guy. Don't promise crap that doesn't happen. Kenseth on logano, Elliott on Hamlin, Carl on Brad (or the other way? I dont remember) are the only ones that come to mind that are blatant payback in a big way
It was definitely Carl on Brad. I remember.

This is where someone who has grown up inside JGR should have the maturity and presence of mind to understand what the situation is without being told. If Ty couldn't figure out what was the best for his own family run business, and do it without drawing the ire of NASCAR, then I have to question his IQ. Sometimes you have to put your grown up pants on and take one for the team. I say all of this while admitting I wanted Ty to win so Justin would make the final four, as much as I dislike Ty. Brandon's final comment on hid his MRN interview was telling. "Ty doesn't care." And he WON'T, unless his fsther and grandfather start MAKING him care. Of ALL the different ways this could have went down, Ty picked the absolute stupidest.
My two cents....If manipulating the outcome wasn't a concern, Gayle would have told him to back off. Would he have done as he was told? Dunno. Maybe not. The problem I have is that the silence from the radio put the reputation of the team in the hands of a guy who isn't ready to manage that.
I'm failing to grasp the 2012 incident. Remind me what happened...
Kyle went on a rant about how ****** TRD was because he ran out of fuel while leading. TRD was not having any of that.
No, at this point, it SHOULDN'T be handled behind closed doors. This kid needs a public dressing down that will leave a lasting impression on him, because it's quite obvious nothing else has worked. There is NO WAY he should be allowed to drive the 23 the next two weeks, just for starters.
Fair enough...but if this were to be discussed publicly, you know that the consequences or the comments would never be enough.

I will promise you this. Two Toyotas in the Championship 4 is a big deal for Toyota. I am sure that there are some serious pissed off people at TRD. This may be a transformational incident (finally) because this isn't just about JGR anymore.

My two cents....If manipulating the outcome wasn't a concern, Gayle would have told him to back off. Would he have done as he was told? Dunno. Maybe not. The problem I have is that the silence from the radio put the reputation of the team in the hands of a guy who isn't ready to manage that.
Well if Ty is not ready to handle that, then what the hell have they been teaching him the last twenty years? Being successful in professional sports is a LOT more than just raw ability, and when you are doing it for a company with YOUR last name on it, you simply HAVE to be better than what transpired yesterday. We send kids Ty's age into combat to make life and death decisions, I don't think it 's too much to ask this silver spooner to grasp the bigger picture here.

Hard to believe that a professing Christian would be so casual about making such a ridiculous comparison. As if he could craft his Lord and Savior into anything for his own personal convenience and excuse for being a jerk.
Does Joe Gibbs approve of this type of public degradation and is he willing to let it slide without a rebuke. It is very telling moment.
Most legitimate religious folk would consider it sacrilege. He’s an entitled phony.

Nope. I love the kid, but on this one, no give. Your teammate. Your OEM. You were in already. Cold ****....but let's not kid ourselves....we are either talking about his, or we are talking about team orders. Ty asked the question. Gayle left it to him. Ty was not capable of making the right decision, and Gayle was scared ****less of penalties.
If it’s a simple bump and run…. I’m not sure to many folks would even care about it at this point tbh. So we wouldn’t be talking about this or team orders, if he actually didn’t straight up dump him like the hack he is.

If it’s a simple bump and run…. I’m not sure to many folks would even care about it at this point tbh. So we wouldn’t be talking about this or team orders, if he actually didn’t straight up dump him like the hack he is.
Beat me to it. It's not like Gibbs had two choices - roll over or dump Jones. He could have tried moving him over like he'd already successfully done a couple of times. Let him go back and explain to those guys in the shop why they're having to rebuild a car.

As I noted, Allgaier and Allmendinger had more on the line than Gibbs, and they managed to run each other roughly but clean. Class, experience, good judgement; call it what you will but Jesus 2.0 is clearly lacking at least one of them.

Boooooooooooooo...

WTF?

This is a giant cop out by NASCAR. The sport is being overrun by the ethos that you don't need to pass 'em, you just need to wreck 'em. I had hoped that Bubba's penalty last week might signal that NASCAR was gonna crack down on intentional wrecking of competitors... but now they condone this???

WTF?

This is a giant cop out by NASCAR. The sport is being overrun by the ethos that you don't need to pass 'em, you just need to wreck 'em. I had hoped that Bubba's penalty last week might signal that NASCAR was gonna crack down on intentional wrecking of competitors... but now they condone this???
They're not afraid to drop the hammer on Denny.

They ARE afraid to drop it on Preacher Joe.

So intentionally wrecking someone in the middle of the race is a no-no and worthy of suspension, but putting someone in the fence on the last lap is perfectly fine as long as you're going for the win. Unbelievable.

As is intentionally wrecking someone under caution.

I hope Brandon Jones drives for JRM next week. 💀

As is intentionally wrecking someone under caution.

I hope Brandon Jones drives for JRM next week. 💀
The way he sounded in his interview, I doubt that will happen. He doesn't seem like the type to seek revenge. Unlike Gragson who said if it were him that got wrecked, Gibbs wouldn't be smiling and getting his picture taken next to the clock at that moment.

The way he sounded in his interview, I doubt that will happen. He doesn't seem like the type to seek revenge. Unlike Gragson who said if it were him that got wrecked, Gibbs wouldn't be smiling and getting his picture taken next to the clock at that moment.

Nothing will happen. Nobody will do anything about Gibbs. Nobody has, nobody will. He'll keep wrecking people to the point that they get scared when he's behind them.

Nothing will happen. Nobody will do anything about Gibbs. Nobody has, nobody will. He'll keep wrecking people to the point that they get scared when he's behind them.
I just hope he doesn't finish Phoenix. He's got the biggest punchable face in Nascar right now.

Bigger dude should’ve held his cool until someone touched him.

Guess people from California don’t know how we operate down here in the south. You only get so many “time for you to leave” warnings before permission is granted to get a mud hole stomped in your ass. Myatt is a grown ass man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess people from California don’t know how we operate down here in the south. You only get so many “time for you to leave” warnings before permission is granted to get a mud hole stomped in your ass. Myatt is a grown ass man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have family from down south and from all over the US. I know exactly how folks operate.
Live to fight another day.

Screenshot_20221031-075004_Facebook.jpg

There's that word again..... family. JGR loves the idea of family. Whenever that little $hit makes an ass of himself on the track they always say they dont like to see it happen. If you keep not liking what you see, when are you going to do something about it Coach Pious?

Joe sure loves his Grandson. Got to admire that I guess.

Someone like Denny Hamlin or Kyle Busch need to send the message.

There's that word again..... family. JGR loves the idea of family. Whenever that little $hit makes an ass of himself on the track they always say they dont like to see it happen. If you keep not liking what you see, when are you going to do something about it Coach Pious?

Nobody wanted that to happen. 🤡 C'mon with the B.S. That wasn't any accident from that jackass. Nothing has or will happen to that silver spoon puke. They treat their team drivers like they are stick n ball stars and lie and alibi for them and cover up their B.S.

Nobody wanted that to happen. 🤡 C'mon with the B.S. That wasn't any accident from that jackass. Nothing has or will happen to that silver spoon puke. They treat their team drivers like they are stick n ball stars and lie and alibi for them and cover up their B.S.
Actually, Kyle Busch said basically what you said on that "Race To The Championship" show that's airing on USA Network. I was surprised how candid and blunt he was in speaking about Coach Gibbs at two separate points in a recent episode.

First he spoke about how Gibbs always told him he was their main man, the foundation of the franchise, and would always drive for JGR until he retired from the sport... which Kyle characterized as Joe lying to him. Later he spoke about how Joe always covered for his bad behavior and bad attitude, always had his back with sponsors and everyone else... until earlier this year that suddenly stopped like turning off a lightbulb (I'm paraphrasing, can't remember the exact quote). I was surprised the show's producers decided to include Kyle's blunt remarks about Gibbs.

If Joe really wanted to make a teachable lesson out of the incident, he would have asked 23XI to yank Ty Gibbs out of their cup car for Martinsville and Phoenix, put JHN or Brandon Jones in the 23 instead. By not doing that, Joe's message to Ty was just words... "I'm telling you that was not right, but there are no actual consequences."

Back
Top Bottom