Xfinity RACE thread --- Phoenix

Allgaier, regular season champ, 5 wins and he won't be in the final 4 going for the championship. Something is serious wrong with this format
Its funny, I said that is flaw in this system and got disagreed with, you said it and get likes, what I am doing wrong?

Its funny, I said that is flaw in this system and got disagreed with, you said it and get likes, what I am doing wrong?
You said a champ with no wins is a flaw.

If all the contenders had no wins, fine, no problem.

If a driver with no wins took the season under the old system, it was because he was consistently better all year. No problem.

But to have a driver with multiple wins outside while drivers with one or no wins are eligible just because they got hot for a couple of weeks, that's a flaw. Season long performance gets dumped in favor of a guy who did better for three races

You said a champ with no wins is a flaw.

If all the contenders had no wins, fine, no problem.

If a driver with no wins took the season under the old system, it was because he was consitently better all year. No problem.

But to have a driver with multiple wins outside while drivers with one or no wins are eligible just because they got hot for a couple of weeks, that's a flaw.
The whole system is a flaw. I don’t get how people can’t understand your logic, a whole 30 something racing season also comes down to one race. That’ll never make sense to me. Now is it exciting? Hell yes, but sometimes exciting isn’t what’s fair

I am sad for JRM. I am sad for Elliott Sadler walking off without an interview.
NBCSports.com! Because they had to do a unnecessary front stretch interviews

Reactions: Pat
Yes. I believe I do get that logic.

So I like it, when I go to a race I rather see the driver right down in front of where I’m sitting talking than over in victory Lane. It’s fan interaction. No idea why so many people have a problem with it.

But I didnt say any of that , I simply said, "that is the one flaw with this system"
But that is what I was talking about Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must have missed your point.

So I like it, when I go to a race I rather see the driver right down in front of where I’m sitting talking than over in victory Lane. It’s fan interaction. No idea why so many people have a problem with it.
That’s cool you like it, for my fan interaction I just buy a pit pass that’s usually good enough for me.

One win to Allgaier's five. Six Top 5s to Allgaier's seventeen.

I hope he wins to make @StandOnIt eat crow.:p

I saw the replay of JHN getting into Allgaier, there is a reason why Chip chose Chastain at this moment in time. All of you know how big I'am on JHN's potential, but that move was about as rookie as it gets.

I hope he wins to make @StandOnIt eat crow.:p

I saw the replay of JHN getting into Allgaier, there is a reason why Chip chose Chastain at this moment in time. All of you know how big I'am on JHN's potential, but that move was about as rookie as it gets.

This year watching JHN I formed my own opinion. He kept out running his own truck teams capability, screwed up some really good chances that team had for badly needed finishes, and wasn't that great over driving the 42 car. He did have one decent moment when he won a race in the 42 but made way more mistakes than positives IMO. Especially with his truck team.

This year watching JHN I formed my own opinion. He kept out running his own truck teams capability, screwed up some really good chances that team had for badly needed finishes, and wasn't that great over driving the 42 car. He did have one decent moment when he won a race in the 42 but made way more mistakes than positives IMO. Especially with his truck team.

He'll be fine dude, but honestly he should have a lot more wins down to just some crazy **** happening with his truck this season. About 4 or 5 wins, honestly.

I see more positives honestly, its just he has to clean up his driving a bit. He's been pretty good in the 42, I don't understand what you're getting at? Its his first go round in the car on a part-time basis. I think he's performed well with over half of his starts resulting in top 10s'. Chastain has been in an xfinity car for four or five years, I would have picked up Chastain because of his experience. Chip made the right move, but to sit here and say JHN has not been impressive?

I don't know about that, he's only gotten faster with more time behind the wheel. Chip's not the only one keying in on JHN, if he had some more consistent backing, this would not even be a story. He's one of the top prospects out here atm.

I agree with you, sorta, but I think about it differently. It isn't the one flaw of the system. The system is flawed at the core, and I think it is even more subject to randomness at the Xfinity and Trucks levels than in Cup.

Neither was the traditional system without significant flaws, nor previous playoffs / Chase versions. IMO the current iteration is superior to the initial Playoffs elimination format without playoffs points accumulation, inferior to the 10-race Chase format, and inferior to the old season-long format. They all have strengths and weaknesses though.

I agree with you, sorta, but I think about it differently. It isn't the one flaw of the system. The system is flawed at the core, and I think it is even more subject to randomness at the Xfinity and Trucks levels than in Cup.

Neither was the traditional system without major flaws, nor previous playoffs / Chase versions. IMO the current iteration is superior to the initial Playoffs elimination format without playoffs points accumulation, inferior to the 10-race Chase format, and inferior to the old season-long format. They all have strengths and weaknesses though.
Well said. My opinion is that at this point I’d take the original Chase top 10 drives get in, reset their points and then see who can score the most points in the last 10 races.

He'll be fine dude, but honestly he should have a lot more wins down to just some crazy sh!t happening with his truck this season. About 4 or 5 wins, honestly.

I see more positives honestly, its just he has to clean up his driving a bit. He's been pretty good in the 42, I don't understand what you're getting at? Its his first go round in the car on a part-time basis. I think he's performed well with over half of his starts resulting in top 10s'. Chastain has been in an xfinity car for four or five years, I would have picked up Chastain because of his experience. Chip made the right move, but to sit here and say JHN has not been impressive?

I don't know about that, he's only gotten faster with more time behind the wheel.

what you call crazy **** I call mistakes. Going places where he doesn't fit, parts of the track where there is no grip, constantly over driving the truck. I don't hate the guy, I watched him race, he makes a lot of mistakes and he screwed himself by not designating full time in the trucks, a series he could have run all of the races instead of ending up part time in the Xfinity because he over drove his sponsor and wasn't funded to go full time.

Well said. My opinion is that at this point I’d take the original Chase top 10 drives get in, reset their points and then see who can score the most points in the last 10 races.

So you enjoyed the original iteration of the chase format from 05 to 12, it was simple and straight to the point honestly.

what you call crazy sh!t I call mistakes. Going places where he doesn't fit, parts of the track where there is no grip, constantly over driving the truck. I don't hate the guy, I watched him race, he makes a lot of mistakes and he screwed himself by not designating full time in the trucks, a series he could have run all of the races instead of ending up part time in the Xfinity because he over drove his sponsor and wasn't funded to go full time.

He went for it, I'm saying like him running out of fuel and his engine going blamo while leading this year. He has a good truck program, we all know this. At some point though, a young guy like him took the risk in moving up with what he had. It wasn't stupid at all, its what Preece did and its what Jeffery Earnhardt is doing now. Test the waters and see how he performed in a good car at the next level. He's won a race, now take what he learned today from that mistake and move forward.

FAS as a company should have known how many races they could have covered, you can't blame that on JHN. If my sponsor says, "We have enough funding for an X amount of races and that's all."

Fine, but don't sit there later on down the line and say, "Well, **** you can't do this because we couldn't cover it."

That's something should done earlier down the line, not a race to race deal considered FAS is his primary sponsor. Its like what happened to Jeb Burton and with RPM. Rocky Ridge and company ****** themselves for agreeing to something they couldn't afford.

Back
Top Bottom