Xfinity RACE thread --- Watkins Glen

Yet he was average after Knaus left, just like Gordon after Evernham.

Didn’t Gordon win another championship afterwards? He was also a constant threat and THE dominant driver in 2007. Gordon in the 2000s and early 2010s was worlds away from average.

Didn’t Gordon win another championship afterwards? He was also a constant threat and THE dominant driver in 2007. Gordon in the 2000s and early 2010s was worlds away from average.
I meant he wasn't the guy to beat week in week out like previous years, not that he was a mid-packer.

HMS got away with a lot of crap when Jimmie was “fast.”
JMO, of course.

Jimmie was Chevy's sole 90s developmental driver and was all in on him in like 1995, and his path to cup was so different than his contempories. It's what he did as a teenager in off-road racing that drew Chevy too him

I can't for the life of me understand why people still refuse to acknowledge the fact that he was a generational talent in a great situation.

It's utterly insane.

Jimmie was Chevy's sole 90s developmental driver and was all in on him in like 1995, and his path to cup was so different than his contempories. It's what he did as a teenager in off-road racing that drew Chevy too him

I can't for the life of me understand why people still refuse to acknowledge the fact that he was a generational talent in a great situation.

It's utterly insane.
In a great situation, yes. But there was a reason Knaus was called Cheatin' Chad. But hey, everyone has a diffence of opinons, it's what makes the world go round.

In a great situation, yes. But there was a reason Knaus was called Cheatin' Chad. But hey, everyone has a diffence of opinons, it's what makes the world go round.

By who? People who hated the 48 team?

Why would Chevy fund a 16 year old's career in the off road world the same year Gordon wins his first title, and push that 16 year old into pavement ASA racing in 1997 with no experience if he wasn't considered a generational talent prospect? Herzog motorsports was built as Jimmie's pavement racing developmental team..they formed for his 2 year ASA career, then brief Xfinity career, then shut down his second year in cup....and then he had the success he did in cup.

If social media existed in the 90s, he would have been as hyped as Kyle Larson. Is bonkers how this isn't common knowledge, especially when it's all available. There's interviews on YouTube of Jimmie as a teen referencing Chevy funding trucks and forcing him into pavement racing.

He was a generational talent and was Chevy's main developmental driver of the 90s placed on a path to drive a cup car by like 1996. He wasn't just a random Busch driver that got a great opportunity. Thats not an opinion. But hey. For whatever reason, Johnson's developmental path, and his hype within Chevy as an off generational prospect never made it to NASCAR media.

By who? People who hated the 48 team?

Why would Chevy fund a 16 year old's career in the off road world the same year Gordon wins his first title, and push that 16 year old into pavement ASA racing in 1997 with no experience if he wasn't considered a generational talent prospect? Herzog motorsports was built as Jimmie's pavement racing developmental team..they formed for his 2 year ASA career, then brief Xfinity career, then shut down his second year in cup....and then he had the success he did in cup.

If social media existed in the 90s, he would have been as hyped as Kyle Larson. Is bonkers how this isn't common knowledge.

He was a generational talent. Thats not an opinion. But hey.
We don’t have to agree.

I get the feeling people are gonna be sick of Connor Zilisch by this time next year. He gonna win and win a TON in 2025. He’s very very good.

Larson type talent with Joey Logano type composure.

Creed is a talent too I don't care what anyone says or how many 2nd places he racks up, little reminiscent of Hemric's journey to his first Xfinity win.

Had the Darlington win wrapped up under green flag conditions with 3 to go on one of the most ability based tracks on the circuit, that's not nothing.

Creed is a talent too I don't care what anyone says or how many 2nd places he racks up, little reminiscent of Hemric's journey to his first Xfinity win.

Had the Darlington win wrapped up under green flag conditions with 3 to go on one of the most ability based tracks on the circuit, that's not nothing.
Creed drives. He drives to win no matter what. He hasn’t had success in terms of wins at JGR but he has been competitive. I hope he gets to somewhere where he can showcase his talent.

Just caught the race this morning. Xfinity series has become unwatchable with the lack of talent through the field. My lord...

The ARCA was a serious beat down and had problems holding my attention. Very little passing, Connor was gone. They didn't have a lens wide enough to keep him in the shot.

The Xfinity was much better with all of the calamity and a field full of cuppers. The race had fuel mileage drama, different teams running different fuel strategies, terrible calling of the race by the gerbs, and Connor Zilisch firmly planted himself in the Nascar world.

The idiots were focused on Zilisch running out of gas, when it was obvious wonder boy Gibbs who was burning up his fuel trying to catch Connor was going to run out. The yotas left Gibbs out going for broke but they called in Creed for fuel and that worked out for them. I had to turn the sound off it was so bad. Of course Gibbs ran out of fuel, of course there was carnage, the "win and you are in" was alive and well, but thru it all the front runners put on a show in the closing laps, but nobody was catching Connor Zilisch.

Back
Top Bottom