Xfinity RACE thread --- Watkins Glen

This kid is the future.

I hope no one forgets what they were doing when Connor wins his first NASCAR race.

Because he's gonna be one of the 10 greatest ever to do it.

1726352333942.png

Definitely. I think that'll be a huge part of his success. Not only does he have the talent, he has the temperament and maturity as well

Entirely. This is exactly why Jimmie Johnson was what he was. As a competitor, no one had their head screwed on better. No. One.

We will see how Connor grows, but man, is his head on right.

Not enough overtime finishes. The best car won and didn’t run out of fuel because of 3-4 OT.

That’s just unacceptable for today’s standards. We need at least three overtime finishes to make it an exciting race.

View attachment 80398
The way the overtimes have been, what he said in that clip is pretty close to true. Any time a race is clean and headed for a good finish, there’e a yellow followed by a million dollar junkyard.

The way the overtimes have been, what he said in that clip is pretty close to true. Any time a race is clean and headed for a good finish, there’e a yellow followed by a million dollar junkyard.

There are times I think NASCAR watches that interview and thinks Smoke's being serious.

Of course, he did deliver this masterclass in sarcasm with a straight face and should've won an Oscar for that.

Lucky to still be driving elite equipment imo.

I know people say "it's a testament to his ability to be in position so often"

But come on.
He’s moving to Haas next year, which is probably more ‘good’ or ‘very good’ than elite, and really much more where he belongs. You gotta be able to win and win often in JGR stuff, so it’s not super surprising he’s not being retained next year.

I do hope he eventually pulls through though. Seems like a good dude.

Back
Top Bottom