Xfinity RACE thread

The other poster mentioned that Kyle shouldnt be racing in nationwide and should be worried about cup, Junior was in todays race and had as much chance of hitting the same wall as Kyle did. I wasnt bashing Junior in any way
Brad was in it too as was Kyle Larson.. and maybe others.. but there were at least the four Cup drivers.. oh yeah.. Austin Dillon. I guess I don't understand. Junior races very few races in the lower series. I think maybe because of the Sonoma race years ago. I often wondered if maybe insurance had something to do with it.

Brad was in it too as was Kyle Larson.. and maybe others.. but there were at least the four Cup drivers.. oh yeah.. Austin Dillon. I guess I don't understand. Junior races very few races in the lower series. I think maybe because of the Sonoma race years ago. I often wondered if maybe insurance had something to do with it.

It was good to see Junior express concern for Kyle, Junior is a stand up guy

Don't you think it's odd that a Jr fan posts this...even tho Jr was in the race and could have been hurt or killed himself.
That;s what it is all about

The cup races where he should be trying to win a championship, not the Xfinity races where he could get hurt like today

Yes he is. As much as all those drivers are competitors on the track, I think most of them truly care about the others. Anyway.. I just hope Kyle did not suffer any permanent damage and that he will be okay. I'm also thankful it was a leg injury and not a head injury.

Thats the point being made. That the cuppers are taking too big of a risk. Juior was named bc he is the most popular driver. Point is, it only takes one race and they should all stop racing in the lower series and focus on Sprint Cup.

Thats the point being made. That the cuppers are taking too big of a risk. Juior was named bc he is the most popular driver. Point is, it only takes one race and they should all stop racing in the lower series and focus on Sprint Cup.
Which I agree with

Don't you think it's odd that a Jr fan posts this...even tho Jr was in the race and could have been hurt or killed himself.
That;s what it is all about

No. Not really. I think the poster was just saying that when these guys run so many extra races, they sometimes increase their chances for getting hurt. I really don't think he or she meant anything derogatory, and I still don't see what any of that has to do with Junior. Brad might be a better comparison than Junior since he races in a whole bunch of lower series races (trucks and NW/Xfinity) every year. Also, I do know that when Junior got injured so bad years ago, I believe he cut back on these extra races. But for some drivers, it continues to be worth the risk. Look at Ken Schrader -- Gotta Race.

I don't know that they need to stop but I do think that they increase their risk of being seriously injured when they run more races. Not just the lower series, but they do other races here and there too. I also know this came up with Tony a few years ago when he got injured in a NW race. I don't remember the specifics but it might have been Daytona.

I don't know that they need to stop but I do think that they increase their risk of being seriously injured when they run more races. Not just the lower series, but they do other races here and there too. I also know this came up with Tony a few years ago when he got injured in a NW race. I don't remember the specifics but it might have been Daytona.

Mostly , folks don't mind them racin . They really mind them winnin though.

I do not like to see Cup regulars running in the lesser series as it siphons off purse money and denies young up and comers the chance to run primarily against one another. I understand some drivers like to race as often as possible but I say leave the lesser series to the young guys. I know the truck series used to be the retirement series and if that is still the case then I don't care if Cup drivers use that series to race in.

It will be interesting to see if Nascar grants a Denny Hamlin waiver if Kyle misses a few races so he can still participate in the Chase.

No. Not really. I think the poster was just saying that when these guys run so many extra races, they sometimes increase their chances for getting hurt. I really don't think he or she meant anything derogatory, and I still don't see what any of that has to do with Junior. Brad might be a better comparison than Junior since he races in a whole bunch of lower series races (trucks and NW/Xfinity) every year. Also, I do know that when Junior got injured so bad years ago, I believe he cut back on these extra races. But for some drivers, it continues to be worth the risk. Look at Ken Schrader -- Gotta Race.
i'm Sorry if you don't understand it yet.

I am sure all the drivers are concerned for Kyle and hope he is OK. As a rule the drivers are much more mature then the fans and don't hold long lasting grudges.

i'm Sorry if you don't understand it yet.
I don't understand how Junior has anything to do with Kyle's accident .. nor why whomever made the comment should have said anything about Junior since he was not the one injured this time.

Jr running in the Xfinity race is exactly NO different than Kyle.
They were both in the same race.
A Jr fan can rag on kyle when they're both doing the exact same thing?
That's what you call a double standard.
Jr had as much of a chance to hit the wall today as Kyle did.
The amount of times they race in the series is of no consequence here- it's the first race of the season.... which they were BOTH in.

What you say makes sense, Lin. I know if I was a team owner I would do everything I could to keep my driver out of all races except cup as in reality the driver is an asset and it is foolish to put your assets at an unnecessary risk

I don't understand how Junior has anything to do with Kyle's accident .. nor why whomever made the comment should have said anything about Junior since he was not the one injured this time.
One more time...Jr has nothing to do with Kyles accident, BUT it very well could have been Jr...
This is from a Jr fan, and remember JR was racing tonight
Hopefully Kyle learns that these Xfinity races are not worth it

The amount of times they race in the series is of no consequence here- it's the first race of the season.... which they were BOTH in.
THANKYOU

Oh.. well I didn't see anyone ragging on Kyle.. I thought they just made a remark and it to me had to do with the odds of being injured increases when you race in other series (and this has happened. I remember it did for both Tony and Junior. Sounds like everyone's taken the poster (and I don't even remember who the poster was) far out of context.

One more time...Jr has nothing to do with Kyles accident, BUT it very well could have been Jr...
This is from a Jr fan, and remember JR was racing tonight
OK.. and one more time.. it could have happened to Brad or Kyle Larson or Austin Dillon too. THEY were all racing tonight.

What you say makes sense, Lin. I know if I was a team owner I would do everything I could to keep my driver out of all races except cup as in reality the driver is an asset and it is foolish to put your assets at an unnecessary risk
I often wondered when Junior went to Hendrick, if maybe that was one of Rick's rules .. because you don't see the Hendrick guys run too many of the lower series. Occasionally Junior .. maybe 4 times a year.. and Kasey. I've also seen Jimmie run nationwide once or twice, but not Jeff.. not in ages.

Cup drivers running the Xfinity races isn't a "risk", this could have easily happened in a Cup car. Racing in Xfinity isn't more dangerous than driving in Cup, it's about the same, and drivers are aware the risks that are taken when climbing into any racecar.

Tony Stewart driving at a local short track in a completely different type of racecar is different.

Cup drivers running the Xfinity races isn't a "risk", this could have easily happened in a Cup car. Racing in Xfinity isn't more dangerous than driving in Cup, it's about the same, and drivers are aware the risks that are taken when climbing into any racecar.

Tony Stewart driving at a local short track in a completely different type of racecar is different.
If Kyle hadnt participated in the race, he'd be at 0 risk for missing the big race. Thats the risk being talked about. Not which series is riskier.

If Kyle hadnt participated in the race, he'd be at 0 risk for missing the big race. Thats the risk being talked about. Not which series is riskier.

He was driving for Gibbs in one of the 3 top Nascar series, no less important than a cup wreckfest Imo
Many of Kyles most loyal fans appreciate him driving in the NW and truck series, I was pissed he wasnt driving in the truck race. there is more to racing than the cup series, I would pay to see Kyle race a lawnmower.
Kyle got injured putting on a show for his fans, what series it was makes no difference to me ................ I will miss him sunday and I would have missed him today

The realistic chances of him getting injured will slim to begin with, he was "safe" racing in a top NASCAR series the day before the 500 because he loves racing a lot, one wrong impact and breaks his leg. Could have happened in Cup practice, which would apply to not having to be on the track at that time. In 2015, the risk of getting injured in a top NASCAR series shouldnt even be heavily considered, anyway. Drivers rarely get inured in the sport these days.

Oh.. well I didn't see anyone ragging on Kyle.. I thought they just made a remark and it to me had to do with the odds of being injured increases when you race in other series (and this has happened. I remember it did for both Tony and Junior. Sounds like everyone's taken the poster (and I don't even remember who the poster was) far out of context.

That poster and I have settled the disagreement, its over with

I don't think any particular race is any riskier than any other. I do think of course, the odds are greater for injury the more races you participate in ... but that's a risk many of these drivers are willing to take. Again.. look at Ken Schrader.. he probably races more than anyone... hence his book title "Gotta Race"

Cup guys run tracks like Daytona to get a feel of how the track is before the cup race as well as how the track changes as rubber is put down, a track can change from one week or even one day to the next. Racing today is a big practice session. It may take purse monies from regulars but at the same time it gives guys that have never ran against the Cup guys experience racing with them. I new guy following a cup driver around the track during a race will learn more from watching the cup guys than they could ever on their own. Cup drivers also bring ticket selling names and sponsorship to the race that would not be there if they were not in it. So to say that they take money from them is a misnomer because without the Cup guys running in it the prize money would be much less because of less ticket money and less sponsorship dollars.

I don't think any particular race is any riskier than any other. I do think of course, the odds are greater for injury the more races you participate in ... but that's a risk many of these drivers are willing to take. Again.. look at Ken Schrader.. he probably races more than anyone... hence his book title "Gotta Race"
True. It's kinda like Lottery tickets. Sure, if you buy two, you have a greater chance, but overall, your chance of hitting the lottery is still extremely slim. Same goes for injury in racing.

True. It's kinda like Lottery tickets. Sure, if you buy two, you have a greater chance, but overall, your chance of hitting the lottery is still extremely slim. Same goes for injury in racing.
If you lose the lottery you dont break your lower body ;)

Good. Sounds like it was all some kind of misunderstanding... so I'm glad.

It was and it was because I was upset after seeing Kyle injured, the poster brought junior into the conversation which I thought was a bit odd being Junior was in the same race. Junior and all the other cup drivers all took the same chance when they entered that race. I appreciate them being there and I am glad that Kyle was there too. To me the cup series is just another race, no more or no less important than the nw race, I just want to see Kyle drive.
At least some good will come from this terrible accident, the concrete wall will be replaced and down the line some driver may walk away from what might have been a fatal crash.

Cup guys run tracks like Daytona to get a feel of how the track is before the cup race as well as how the track changes as rubber is put down, a track can change from one week or even one day to the next. Racing today is a big practice session. It may take purse monies from regulars but at the same time it gives guys that have never ran against the Cup guys experience racing with them. I new guy following a cup driver around the track during a race will learn more from watching the cup guys than they could ever on their own. Cup drivers also bring ticket selling names and sponsorship to the race that would not be there if they were not in it. So to say that they take money from them is a misnomer because without the Cup guys running in it the prize money would be much less because of less ticket money and less sponsorship dollars.
Yep. I do think some teams do a lot more "bushwhacking" than others..... and potential for injury may be one reason for those who don't do it every week but I'm sure there are several other reasons too.

It was and it was because I was upset after seeing Kyle injured, the poster brought junior into the conversation which I thought was a bit odd being Junior was in the same race. Junior and all the other cup drivers all took the same chance when they entered that race. I appreciate them being there and I am glad that Kyle was there too. To me the cup series is just another race, no more or no less important than the nw race, I just want to see Kyle drive.
At least some good will come from this terrible accident, the concrete wall will be replaced and down the line some driver may walk away from what might have been a fatal crash.
I hate that it takes an accident like this to get them to make any kind of positive change..... and what's worse is if it had been a lesser known name.. say Alex Bowman, or Ryan Reed, the eventual winner, who knows? Maybe more lip service and no improvements.

I hate that it takes an accident like this to get them to make any kind of positive change..... and what's worse is if it had been a lesser known name.. say Alex Bowman, or Ryan Reed, the eventual winner, who knows? Maybe more lip service and no improvements.

It is a sad thing and totally inexcusable for a track of that caliber, I was mad as hell when I found out that Kyle had hit a concrete wall instead of a barrier. If they have to raise the price of tickets so be it, it doesnt really matter IMO

It is a sad thing and totally inexcusable for a track of that caliber, I was mad as hell when I found out that Kyle had hit a concrete wall instead of a barrier. If they have to raise the price of tickets so be it, it doesnt really matter IMO
Oh yeah.. and the fact that they're doing that whole Daytona Rising, which is costing millions, just pisses me off when they are not doing anything about safety. I'm glad they say they are now but too little too late.

Back
Top Bottom