Xfinity RACE thread

I was having all sorts of issues streaming the race. I saw bits and pieces of the second big crash, saw Kyle get out of his car, then he was on the ground. I know he was taken to hospital after. Did they give any other info on tv? Hope he's okay; as much as I root against both KB's, I've never wanted anything really bad to happen to them.
he was complaing of leg and neck pain

Hopefully Kyle learns that these Xfinity races are not worth it
xxrotflmao[1].gif
That's so offensive

Unbelievable .............................. please tell us what races ARE worth it
I've got to agree with you here.

To a natural born racer, any race is worth it.

It's why Tony can't stay out of sprint cars, and why many of the guys own teams in lesser divisions.

To them a race is a race regardless of whether it's driving a go kart at a family track in Pocono or a high dollar Chevy/Ford/Toyota at Daytona.

Telling them to stay out of a car (any car) is like telling them stop breathing. It don't work like that.

And so NOT funny

I can see why this is frustrating to hear for you, being a fan trying to communicate with people who are kinda ridiculous (not to sound condescending), but sometimes I just gotta laugh at people being ridiculous. For example, one time I heard someone in the YouTube comment section say "Dale Sr. sucked. I'm glad he died."

As I said earlier, I'm not a Kyle fan, but don't want ANY driver to get hurt. I sympathize for you Kyle18fan.

Thanks TRL ................. I really hate seeing this happen to any driver, they are putting on a show for us to enjoy and risking their lives doing it. I hope they fix those walls before a driver gets killed, Nascar should put their foot down and demand it

I can see why this is frustrating to hear for you, being a fan trying to communicate with people who are kinda ridiculous (not to sound condescending), but sometimes I just gotta laugh at people being ridiculous. For example, one time I heard someone in the YouTube comment section say "Dale Sr. sucked. I'm glad he died."

I guess I am a bit upset right now

Marty Smith‏@MartySmithESPN 2m2 minutes ago
Kyle Busch is awake and alert undergoing treatment for right leg injury. He will NOT participate in the Daytona 500.

Reactions: Lin
Ak3RJwD.jpg

I paused the video and it looks like his leg isn't straight.

It's really hard to tell though. The leg is bent at the knee on purpose with the pillow for elevation. Something could be broken or dislocated. If it's broken, it at least doesn't look as bad as Martin Donnelly's leg injuries (that's the worst racing images for me personally; don't google if you're squeamish). And they didn't have to cut the pants leg to try to stop bleeding, so if something is broken it is hopefully a closed fracture. And hopefully he makes a quick recovery from whatever the injury turns out to be.

Hope Kyle does not have serious injuries that will keep him out of the car for several races.

I will say I thought It was hilarious seeing BKez get taken to school so easily when it was go time.

Nice on Ryan.

See RFR's future isn't going to be bad. Stay optimistic for those guys.

I hope RFR has a strong future but I wouldn't base any success on the results of an RP race with over half the field gone or damaged.

And one more thing before i get off is that, if I made anyone angry by what I said i'm sorry. I'm far from a Kyle fan, but I hate to see people get hurt. I hate seeing cup guys race in Xfinity even Jr or Brad cause of stuff like this could happen, and I hope Kyle makes a speedy recovery, and again I'm sorry if I made anyone angry. I never wanted to get anyone angry at me on this forum.

I've got to agree with you here.

To a natural born racer, any race is worth it.

It's why Tony can't stay out of sprint cars, and why many of the guys own teams in lesser divisions.

To them a race is a race regardless of whether it's driving a go kart at a family track in Pocono or a high dollar Chevy/Ford/Toyota at Daytona.

Telling them to stay out of a car (any car) is like telling them stop breathing. It don't work like that.

Thats a fact, I appreciate the fact that Kyle is a racer at heart, he even does late model stuff and hired a kid that beat him to drive a KBM truck !!! how cool is that

And one more thing before i get off is that, if I made anyone angry by what I said i'm sorry. I'm far from a Kyle fan, but I hate to see people get hurt. I hate seeing cup guys race in Xfinity even Jr or Brad cause of stuff like this could happen, and I hope Kyle makes a speedy recovery, and again I'm sorry if I made anyone angry. I never wanted to get anyone angry at me on this forum.

Its all good, as far as I am concerned

Granted, I don't have a dog in this hunt and I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I wouldn't worry about it, man. I didn't see anything offensive in anything you wrote. All you did was state your opinion. It's all good.

Granted, I don't have a dog in this hunt and I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I wouldn't worry about it, man. I didn't see anything offensive in anything you wrote. All you did was state your opinion. It's all good.

It was just the way he said it, kinda like, "Kyle better learn", that was insensitive.

Why is Junior part of the Kyle discussion? He had nothing to do with it. Junior of all drivers would be wanting the safer barrier given how his dad died. J

See post # 459

I still don't see the relevance. Junior himself was seriously injured racing in another series 10 years ago. He was pretty seriously burned. I think after that he stopped racing as much in the lower series.

The other poster mentioned that Kyle shouldnt be racing in nationwide and should be worried about cup, Junior was in todays race and had as much chance of hitting the same wall as Kyle did. I wasnt bashing Junior in any way

Back
Top Bottom