Xfinity Series Thread 2018

upload_2018-9-1_3-9-50.png

Lol Chase has a potential P1 lap going into turn 3 in round one and someone wrecks coming out of 4 in front of him. Lap negated, tires worn.

Get him out of the 23 car, I've never seen this kind of ****** fortune in my life.

That was a hell of a save by Chase and Brandon Brown.

Guys are really wheeling it today, elbows out.

It just has to be a slap on the wrist, start at the back kind of thing. But unless it is another rubber rule, you have to qualify in order to race. :idunno:

How many Xfinity cars are running throwbacks? (including the 66 (Dodge) and the

Wow, It'd be great if he can capitalize on that in the race. Top 5 should be possible.

However, this is not good for JHN.

JHN will be fine, he will get another opprotunity down the line. He just needs some more backing other than just Fire Alarm tbh. Chastain has been a diamond in the rough for some time and my hope is that Ganassi goes back to two cars next year. Chastain certainly has earned this shot.

JHN will be fine, he will get another opprotunity down the line. He just needs some more backing other than just Fire Alarm tbh. Chastain has been a diamond in the rough for some time and my hope is that Ganassi goes back to two cars next year. Chastain certainly has earned this shot.
The Nemecheks also have DAB and Fleetwing, but John Hunter won't get a top-tier ride because of sponsorship, he would have to earn it on talent. And Chastain is making him look fairly old this weekend.
Nemechek is one of the best drivers in trucks this year, so it might be just a lack of experience, but I hope he gets back into the Xfinity car soon.

NXS-Indy-1.png
FRIDAY, Sept. 7
1:05-1:55 p.m.: Xfinity Series first practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
3:05-3:55 p.m.: Xfinity Series final practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live
SATURDAY, Sept. 8
11:45 a.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
Race
3 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series Lilly Diabetes 250 (100 laps, 250 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
Nemo in the 42, Chastain next week at Las Vegas.
upload_2018-9-5_17-21-35.png

No offense, but Bacarella needs to stay the **** away.

Dude is an issue anytime he's on track.

So lets just go straight to qualifying and put the coverage on the Sports app. Qualifying should be interesting without any practice.

Indianapolis Xfinity Series practices canceled by rain
The Xfinity Series was the only scheduled series on-track activity for Friday. The next scheduled on-track activity for Xfinity Series drivers will be Saturday’s qualifying session at 11:45 a.m. ET on NBCSN/NBC Sports App. Coverage of Saturday’s Xfinity Series Lilly Diabetes 250 begins at 3 p.m. ET (NBCSN, NBC Sports App, IMS Radio Network, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio).

Friday’s NASCAR Xfinity Series practices have been canceled due to inclement weather at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The series was scheduled for two 50-minute practice sessions on Friday afternoon; one at 1:05 p.m. ET and one at 3:05 p.m. ET.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/09/07/indianapolis-xfinity-series-delayed-by-rain/

Ryan Preece thinks he will have and advantage without any practice.

Ok!

So let me get this straight...

They're running a second-tier Xfinity race...
After the Cup series has already ran...
On a Monday...
With questionable weather...
At a track that holds 250,000...

This is a seat-counters dream come true.

So let me get this straight...

They're running a second-tier Xfinity race...
After the Cup series has already ran...
On a Monday...
With questionable weather...
At a track that holds 250,000...

This is a seat-counters dream come true.

Indianapolis conflict highlights NASCAR's fall issue with the NFL
Good article and food for thought

"I don't think we lose our die-hards," Cup veteran Brad Keselowski said. "I think we lose some of our casuals."
While drivers understand the philosophy, they also feel NASCAR could draw more attention during the summer. They think of the sprint-car races ESPN used to televise 30 years ago and wonder if a "Thursday Night Thunder" type of series would work for them.
Keselowski suggested NASCAR go to more markets and race more often -- and end earlier instead of going into mid-November.

"We need to race more and we need to race in a smaller window of time," Keselowski said. "We should be racing, in my opinion, twice a week and we should be ending in October. ... Fifty [races] would be a good number."

"If guys have time to run sprint-car races, that should tell you something. We're capable of doing more."

Considering he often is working midweek, Keselowski would rather that work be racing.

"I'm doing a sponsor appearance in West Virginia on a Wednesday when we could be racing to a sold-out crowd of 20,000 or 30,000 people and we could be pulling a 2 or 3 rating pretty easily on a summer night," he said.

"That's pretty strong. But instead we're sitting on our thumbs and it seems like a tremendous waste of an opportunity."

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...olis-race-set-go-nfl-colts-season-opener-home

Indianapolis conflict highlights NASCAR's fall issue with the NFL
Good article and food for thought

"I don't think we lose our die-hards," Cup veteran Brad Keselowski said. "I think we lose some of our casuals."
While drivers understand the philosophy, they also feel NASCAR could draw more attention during the summer. They think of the sprint-car races ESPN used to televise 30 years ago and wonder if a "Thursday Night Thunder" type of series would work for them.
Keselowski suggested NASCAR go to more markets and race more often -- and end earlier instead of going into mid-November.

"We need to race more and we need to race in a smaller window of time," Keselowski said. "We should be racing, in my opinion, twice a week and we should be ending in October. ... Fifty [races] would be a good number."

"If guys have time to run sprint-car races, that should tell you something. We're capable of doing more."

Considering he often is working midweek, Keselowski would rather that work be racing.

"I'm doing a sponsor appearance in West Virginia on a Wednesday when we could be racing to a sold-out crowd of 20,000 or 30,000 people and we could be pulling a 2 or 3 rating pretty easily on a summer night," he said.

"That's pretty strong. But instead we're sitting on our thumbs and it seems like a tremendous waste of an opportunity."

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...olis-race-set-go-nfl-colts-season-opener-home

What is an "NFL" ? do they bite ?

nascar-xfinity-indianapolis-20-2.jpg

Justin Allgaier held back JR Motorsports teammate Tyler Reddick at the finish to win the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

“I know this weekend didn’t go as planned,” Allgaier told NBCSN. “I used to come here all the time. I’d sit in the grandstands, watch the Indy 500. I sat for the first however many Brickyard 400s up there in Turn 1. That’s why I wanted to do a burnout down there. This one is for my dad. … Hats off to him.”
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/09/10/justin-allgaier-wins-xfinity-race-in-indianapolis/

Nice to see the aero issue put into the box and see some all out rubbin is racin side by side at Indy

AERO PACKAGE

For the second straight year, the Xfinity drivers experimented with a different aero package than the Cup Series. If it works the way race organizers and series officials hope, it could be used in the future Brickyard 400s. And so far the reviews have been good.
"I like the package we've run here. I think we've been able to race each other really well,'' Allgaier said. "I think it suits this race track very well.''

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/24635235/justin-allgaier-wins-xfinity-race-brickyard

nascar-xfinity-indianapolis-20-2.jpg

Justin Allgaier held back JR Motorsports teammate Tyler Reddick at the finish to win the NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

“I know this weekend didn’t go as planned,” Allgaier told NBCSN. “I used to come here all the time. I’d sit in the grandstands, watch the Indy 500. I sat for the first however many Brickyard 400s up there in Turn 1. That’s why I wanted to do a burnout down there. This one is for my dad. … Hats off to him.”
https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/09/10/justin-allgaier-wins-xfinity-race-in-indianapolis/
That car still looks like it did rolling outta the hauler. :D

Back
Top Bottom