Xfinity Series Thread 2018

does anybody still buy the B.S. that the full time Xfinity drivers are excited for their learning experience by having 5 cup drivers this week filling spots and taking away points and freezing out full time teams trying to make the playoffs?

does anybody still buy the B.S. that the full time Xfinity drivers are excited for their learning experience by having 5 cup drivers this week filling spots and taking away points and freezing out full time teams trying to make the playoffs?

The guys IN the playoffs love it. The drivers on the outside probably don't like it at all, but wont say that to the media.

The regular season championship doesn't need cuppers in the middle of it lessening the chances of advancing with two races to go
upload_2018-8-28_14-7-18.png

they kinda do, but losing playoff and stage points :idunno: and then the regular season champion..probably some money involved

If you're in on points, the easiest way to stay there is having roadblocks for first time winners jumping past you. Cuppers racing and winning is a big roadblock.

If you're in on points, the easiest way to stay there is having roadblocks for first time winners jumping past you. Cuppers racing and winning is a big roadblock.
P 13-17 in the Xfinity Series' Playoff grid are currently:
-Annett
-Clements
-Sieg
-Labbé
-Smithley

Does anyone think one of them could actually be able to win a race even with no cuppers in it?

-Annett
-Clements
-Sieg
-Labbé
-Smithley

Does anyone think one of them could actually be able to win a race even with no cuppers in it?
Nemechec in 15th if eligible, hell yeah, and talk about a driver who needed the money that cuppers lessened to continue compete

-Annett
-Clements
-Sieg
-Labbé
-Smithley

Well Clements won last year and I think Sieg could differently win, he has been close several times in the past, I believe he pushed Kahne to the win at Daytona a few Julys back.

Well Clements won last year and I think Sieg could differently win, he has been close several times in the past, I believe he pushed Kahne to the win at Daytona a few Julys back.
I was talking about the three remaining regular season races. I know that there could possibly be a surprise winner on a road course or a plate track.
I didn't mean that these drivers won't be able to win races for the rest of their careers, but I don't see them winning another race this year.

Nemechec in 15th if eligible, hell yeah, and talk about a driver who needed the money that cuppers lessened to continue compete
John Hunter isn't eligible as he's missed several races this year.

I was talking about the three remaining regular season races. I know that there could possibly be a surprise winner on a road course or a plate track.
I didn't mean that these drivers won't be able to win races for the rest of their careers, but I don't see them winning another race this year.

John Hunter isn't eligible as he's missed several races this year.
I said IF but his winnings has suffered along with the rest of the full timers with cuppers taking a huge cut in pay to race down, fill up spots and take away money and points and very possibility sponsor opportunities

-Annett
-Clements
-Sieg
-Labbé
-Smithley

I'm not sure about Xfin rules, but doesn't a win and being top 24 in points get you in the Cup playoffs?

I'm not sure about Xfin rules, but doesn't a win and being top 24 in points get you in the Cup playoffs?
I'm not either. In the trucks they gave Gilliland who wasn't old enough to run the big tracks an exception if he could win a race he would have been in the playoffs. He missed 4 races so who knows it's Nascar. So gilliland who has run 13 races was eligible, but John Hunter Nemechek who also ran 13 to this point wasn't.

I'm not either. In the trucks they gave Gilliland who wasn't old enough to run the big tracks an exception if he could win a race he would have been in the playoffs. He missed 4 races so who knows it's Nascar. So gilliland who has run 13 races was eligible, but John Hunter Nemechek who also ran 13 to this point wasn't.

It's all so confusing. ;)

@NASCAR Apologist has an opinion on this, I know it.
DMX said X Gon' Give It to Ya and that's exactly what NASCAR's 'X' does. Between the learning opportunities for young drivers in the regular season, the diverse schedule, and the playoff where all the developing young guns get to square off head-to-head without any Cup influence 'X' has the entire package. In just the span of a week we go from a thrilling road course race with no Cuppers to a classic oval with Cuppers at what's turned into a showcase event. There is really nothing this series doesn't have!

Eliminating Cuppers in X and trucks is #1 on my list of changes I would like to see made by NASCAR.

Cup drivers are great for Xfinity but not under the current limitations. Also Cup drivers have no effect on the Xfinity points so they're involvement doesn't ruin anything. If a regular wants those stage points than they might have to beat a Cup driver to do so.

Cup drivers are great for Xfinity but not under the current limitations. Also Cup drivers have no effect on the Xfinity points so they're involvement doesn't ruin anything. If a regular wants those stage points than they might have to beat a Cup driver to do so.
do what? the points for the position of a cupper when they are racing don't pass down to the next car:confused:They don't give out winner points and money for a third place full timer behind two cup cars.

do what? the points for the position of a cupper when they are racing don't pass down to the next car:confused:They don't give out winner points and money for a third place full timer behind two cup cars.

Did I say they did? No, if they want those points beat the Cup driver is what I said. That Cup driver has no effect on the Xfinity Championship though.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 31 Darlington Xfinity schedule

1:05 – 1:55 p.m. — Xfinity practice (NBCSN)

3:05 – 3:55 p.m. — Final Xfinity practice (NBCSN)

Cup drivers have zero effect on the Xfinity Championship. I never said 3rd place gets 1st place points that would be complete stupidity. If s regular finished 3rd and is the highest finishing regular, he gets the most points depending on stage points. Cup drivers change nothing.

But the very fact that an Xfinity driver isn't earning those points thats Cup driver is also not earning does effect the championship because it would change point totals through out the entire field. It has a massive impact.

But the very fact that an Xfinity driver isn't earning those points thats Cup driver is also not earning does effect the championship because it would change point totals through out the entire field. It has a massive impact.

that will probably get removed because it is the truth also.

yeah buddy, cup drivers have won more then 3/4 of the Xfinity races so far, no telling how many top 5 positions they have filled over the season. It is pretty goofy to say oh but no, their points don't matter and leave out all of the points and place money the full timers aren't getting.

the points for the position of a cupper when they are racing don't pass down to the next car:confused:They don't give out winner points and money for a third place full timer behind two cup cars.

"Prior to the 2016 season, each race had a purse that paid out for finishing position and contingency awards (which rewarded the most competitive teams). Under the new system, money paid for results was based solely on finishing position, and NASCAR abolished publishing purse totals and race winnings in box scores."

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...der-charter-system-through-bankruptcy-filing/

The media had to get the numbers from a BK racing bankruptcy court filing to get limited info about the cup purse.

https://nbcnascartalk.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/bk-budget-0322.pdf (Purple hi-lites)

1st practice Darlington new guy in the top 5 Ross Chastain. 6 thousands of a second behind Christopher Bell

upload_2018-8-31_13-12-10.png

Chastain's stock is going to skyrocket after these races in the 42. Johnny Davis might lose him, if he's not careful.
JD Motorsports has really improved this year (especially the 4), but they won't be a championship caliber team in the near future. With Chastain's results this year, I'm sure Johnny Davis knows that Chastain won't drive for him forever.

I like Chastain but everybody getting hyped for no reason lol. Harvick, Hamlin, and Brad were all likely focused on race setups and will be at least 8-10 seconds ahead during the race. Chastain could win Richmond though that’s the first race with no cuppers

I like Chastain but everybody getting hyped for no reason lol. Harvick, Hamlin, and Brad were all likely focused on race setups and will be at least 8-10 seconds ahead during the race. Chastain could win Richmond though that’s the first race with no cuppers
I think ya forgot a few.

Back
Top Bottom