Xfinity Series Thread 2018

The schedule I posted and is still on the website is wrong. Somebody at jayski dropped the ball. Cup final practice that is listed for 12:00 ET on FS1 isn't on anywhere. The X race is on Fox at 1:30 ET not FS1. :mad::mad::mad:

Full weekend schedule for Iowa
Note: All times are ET

Saturday, June 16
— 9:35-10:25 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice, FS1
— 11:05-11:55 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS2
— 3:05-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series first practice, FS2
— 4:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Pole Qualifying, FS2
— 5:40-6:30 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, FS1
— 7 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series M&M’s 200 presented by Casey’s General Store 200 (200 laps, 175 miles), FS1

Sunday, June 17
— 2:35 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series Pole Qualifying, FS2
— 5 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series Iowa 250 presented by Enogen (250 laps, 218.75 miles), FS1

Justin Haley to make Xfinity Series debut at Iowa with GMS Racing

Statesville N.C. – GMS Racing’s No. 24 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver, Justin Haley, will make his NASCAR Xfinity Series debut in the No. 23 entry at Iowa Speedway. The Indiana native will run at Daytona International Speedway (July 6) in a second GMS Racing entry and additionally will run at Watkins Glen International (August 4).
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-iowa-with-gms-racing/?linkId=100000002732821

GMS is expanding with a part time second car in the Xfinity series

8th Annual Iowa "250" presented by Enogen - NASCAR XFINITY Series - Iowa Speedway - 6/17/2018
upload_2018-6-12_7-5-32.png

Riley Herbst set for Xfinity debut at Iowa with Joe Gibbs Racing
Riley Herbst will join Justin Haley this weekend in making his Xfinity Series debut in Sunday’s race at Iowa Speedway.

Herbst, 19, will drive Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 18 Toyota in his only start for the team this season.

Advance Auto Parts will sponsor the car.

A second-year member of the NASCAR Next program, the Las Vegas native has driven for JGR in ARCA the last two seasons, earning one win, nine top fives and 15 top 10s in 27 starts. He was named Rookie of the Year last season.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...-xfinity-debut-at-iowa-with-joe-gibbs-racing/

I had no idea they were racing this weekend. I wish the Xfinity Series was still on ESPN where it was given top billing in the spring.

I had no idea they were racing this weekend. I wish the Xfinity Series was still on ESPN where it was given top billing in the spring.
So much stuff on FOX/FS1 this weekend to overshadow it. Might honestly be their biggest weekend ever. Sports overload.

one of the biggest complainers about not having enough short tracks and there are two races at one this weekend. Perfect.

Go argue with nascar
Iowa Speedway Newton, IA 2006 .875 Short Track

I like Iowa speedway but....
Anyone who has been to Iowa Speedway and has been to real short tracks would not call Iowa Speedway a short track...
I’ve been there for a few races... the racing is completely different... the racing at Iowa is much more similar to a bigger track... Also feels way bigger...
Martinsville and Bristol are real short tracks... Iowa not so much...
I’ve seen people calling Phoenix and Milwaukee mile short tracks as well... they aren’t...

I LOVE the Iowa track but I agree, it’s a mini-speedway.

Depends on where you are coming from. If you spectate/race in the three top series of Nascar it is a short track. If you watch/race in a smaller series it is a larger track.

Top 12 in Iowa qualifying. Bell is starting at the back, they didn't make it thru the disco lights in time to qualify.
upload_2018-6-17_15-1-46.png

Blistering hot day, slick track at Iowa.

Iowa Goer's and Slower's
Goer's
Justin Allgaier 1st. Aggressive three wide pass for the lead in stage two, his team and driving kept him there for the win. Won all three stages. 182 laps led, the only 2 race winner, both race wins without cuppers.
Riley Herbst - 6th place, 1st start in an Xfinity car
Ty Majeski - 7th in the 60 Roush car, pretty impressive, one of those Ford program drivers. like Cindric below. Full timer Reed in the other Roush 17th for comparison.
Kaz Grala 10th. not bad for a one car part time team.

Slower's

Austin Cindric 11th, in the 22 Penske car? another Ford program driver. Says before the race he has plenty of racing experience at Iowa.
Justin Haley 12th, in a GMS car. That team is better than that and he has had multiple starts at Iowa .
J.H. Nemechec 15th, has set on the pole before, last year's winner in the trucks. Driving a well prepared Ganassi car. 9 races with one top 5 so far this year.

Iowa Goer's and Slower's
Goer's
Justin Allgaier 1st. Aggressive three wide pass for the lead in stage two, his team and driving kept him there for the win. Won all three stages. 182 laps led, the only 2 race winner, both race wins without cuppers.
Ty Majeski - 7th in the 60 Roush car, pretty impressive, one of those Ford program drivers. like Cindric below. Full timer Reed in the other Roush 17th for comparison.

Slower's

Austin Cindric 11th, in the 22 Penske car? another Ford program driver. Says before the race he has plenty of racing experience at Iowa.
Justin Haley 12th, in a GMS car. That team is better than that and he has had multiple starts at Iowa .
J.H. Nemechec 15th, has set on the pole before, last year's winner in the trucks. Driving a well prepared Ganassi car. 9 races with one top 5 so far this year.

Those drivers had a very good day in my opinion, their finish was not indicative of how they ran.
Granted they were not top 5 cars but did run top 10 much of the time.

Iowa Goer's and Slower's
Goer's

Slower's

Just want to add my thanks for posting this information on both threads. Great job and hope you can continue.

First event for the NBCSN crew
Friday, June 29
4:35-5:20 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series practice, NBCSN (Canada: TSN GO) (Follow live)

7:35- 8:20 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBCSN (Canada: TSN GO) (Follow live)

And just like I said on tuesday

41 Daytona Entries. Blaney, Elliott and Larson are the cup wackers. GMS steps up with two cars Elliott and newbe Haley. Gibbs is adding part timer Ryan Preece in the 18

upload_2018-7-3_9-4-6.png

Back
Top Bottom