Xfinity Series Thread 2018

Qualifying rained out at Daytona

Race tonight 7:30 p.m. NASCAR Xfinity Series Coca-Cola Firecracker 250 (100 laps, 250 miles), NBCSN (Canada: TSN2) (Follow live)

How did they determine the starting order? I just saw Larson starts 7th even though he practiced 16th. Same thing with Blaney starting 2nd. :idunno:

Spenser Gallagher is back after completing the Road to Recovery program, Cup wackers T. Dillion, Menard, and KDB

upload_2018-7-10_9-44-6.png

Last edited:
Custer is following the Stewart diet.

He's a big boy, I hate to see him tackle John Hunter again.

LakesRegion200.png

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Friday, June 20

1:05-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
3:05-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
Saturday, July 21
11:05 a.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, CNBC/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
4 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series Lakes Region 200 (200 laps, 211.6 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

upload_2018-7-18_7-45-53.png

^ WOW! Four cars are entered with car numbers of 1 or less. I wonder if that has ever happened in the Cup series???

[ ...a little research later... ]

YES! Most recently, the second Atlanta race of 2005, which coincidentally was won by car #99 (Carl Edwards). In that race...

#0 finished 13th (Mike Bliss)
#00 finished 32nd (Carl Long)
#01 was 18th (Joe Nemechek)
#1 was 40th (Martin Truex Jr.
So now you know... and don't forget! :booya:

I think this is an additional race for Preece that just got added...good to see some local sponsors step up for his home race.

quiet as it has been kept, there is a "big three" happening in the Xfinity series.

Top three Xfinity drivers separated by three points entering New Hampshire
Things have gotten pretty tight at the top of the food chain in the Xfinity Series.

Following last weekend’s race at Kentucky Speedway, the point standings are not led by just one driver.

Through 17 races, the standings are led by both Elliott Sadler and Daniel Hemric, who are tied with 608 points.

To add to an already close situation, they have Cole Custer breathing down their necks is only three points behind them heading into Saturday’s race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (4 p.m. ET on NBCSN).

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/0...rated-by-three-points-entering-new-hampshire/

Brandon Hightower has left JP Motorsports earlier this week. He will now drive the 15 for Johnny Davis for the rest of the year (not on the road courses, though) starting at Iowa.
TJ Bell will drive the 55 this weekend.

Canadian Donald Theetge to make Xfinity debut in New Hampshire

“This is my first time in the Xfinity Series and I’m excited for this weekend,” said Theetge. “I’m a little bit nervous as I know it will be a bit tough in practice but I hope to have a good race.”

Theetge will drive the No. 90 DGM Racing Chevrolet owned by Mario Gosselin and teammate to Labbe who’s also from Quebec and competing full-time this year in the Xfinity Series.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/news/nascar-canadian-donald-theetge-xfinity-debut-1061541/

Brad in the 22 at one of his best Xfinity tracks with no other cup stars entered? Might as well chalk it up he’s getting a wire to wire win. I don’t mind Cup guys running 7 races, but NASCAR should pick the 7 races cuppers can run that way there isn’t cherry picking like this. Oh well

Woah Daddies punishment is tougher than Nascar's

GMS Racing tabs Late Model star Casey Roderick for Iowa Xfinity race
One of the most decorated short track drivers in the country is going to get at least one more shot in the NASCAR Xfinity Series.

But this time, it’s in winning equipment.

Autoweek has learned that Casey Roderick will compete in the No. 23 for GMS Racing this weekend at Iowa Speedway. The 25-year-old is one of the winningest drivers in Super Late Model competition, currently leading the Southern Super Series championship standings and is a three-time track champion of Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Florida -- home of the prestigious Snowball Derby
http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/gms-racing-tabs-late-model-star-casey-roderick-iowa-xfinity-race

Back
Top Bottom