Xfinity Series Thread 2018

JD Motorsports Plans on Running 4 Full-Time Teams in 2018

“The plan is to take four cars to the racetrack every week and use the 15 as a test tool to help the other three cars,” Davis said. “If we don’t find funding for the [No.] 0 car, there’s a chance it might not go, but I’m pretty sure it will go. We say this every year, we’re not going to do it, but somehow we continue to do it because of the passion and love for the sport. We’ll be there someway and somehow. We’re too stubborn and failure is not an option, it’s not in our vocabulary.

https://www.frontstretch.com/2018/01/15/jd-motorsports-plans-on-running-4-full-time-teams-in-2018/

I don't have a favorite Xfinity driver, so at the races where McMurray ain't driving, I'll just root for the car that has a big Dr. Pepper logo on it.

Andy Lally to run all three road races this season

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-12_18-54-57.png
    upload_2018-2-12_18-54-57.png
    763.1 KB · Views: 516
46 entries is awesome! Sends home the guys that are 2 seconds slower than the rest of the field.

Ryan Preece's 2018 Xfinity Schedule

March 17th, 2018 Auto Club Speedway
April 7th, 2018 Texas Motor Speedway
April 14th, 2018 Bristol Motor Speedway
July 6th, 2018 Daytona International Speedway
September 8th, 2018 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
September 15th, 2018 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
September 29th, 2018 Charlotte Motor Speedway
November 3rd, 2018 Texas Motor Speedway
November 10th, 2018 IMS Speedway
November 17th, 2018 Homestead-Miami Speedway

Not putting him in at New Hampshire or Iowa is mind-boggling o_O

Kinda screwed up because some (incl. the top2) were drafting. Sadler and Austin Dillion were the two fastest in final practice by themselves

upload_2018-2-16_14-1-30.png

Go Sadler Go. He's found his niche in the world of racing doing something he loves and is making a good living. And more often than not he gets his ass handed to him by a kid.

Yeah and while you are wishing, wish away Bell, Hemric, and Algaier away too, because they will be in the hunt all season

We need this and this is pretty big news for the mid-field.

The Dr. Pepper/Snapple Group is sponsoring JD Motorsports for '18:

Great way to start it off.

These little guy stories..man, some of em tear me up.

Mother’s tears a celebration of a journey more than a decade in the making

The first time Garrett went to test a Legends car, they pulled up to the shop. When Bethanie opened the truck door to exit, Bill Elliott stood 2 feet away.

“He was one of our favorite NASCAR drivers,’’ she said. “To me that was kind of a sign that it’s going to be OK that your son wants to go racing. All along the right person has come along at the right time to help him move forward.’’

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/02...f-a-journey-more-than-a-decade-in-the-making/

nascar-xs-daytona-2018-race-winner-tyler-reddick-jr-motorsports-burgerfi-chevrolet-camaro-7527534.jpg

Tyler Reddick’s debut with JR Motorsports came in style.
It took five overtime periods, but Reddick held off JRM teammate Elliott Sadler in a photo finish to win the NASCAR Xfinity Series season opener at Daytona International Speedway.

Reddick and Sadler exited off Turn 4 side-by-side and that’s how they crossed the finish line. They were tied through thousandths of a second and NASCAR needed to review video to determine the winner.

Ryan Reed ended up third, Kaz Grala was fourth and Garrett Smithley claimed a career-best fifth-place finish.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/news/nascar-reddick-wins-xfinity-daytona-overtime-1006070/

Custer gets a shot at the big time

Cole Custer to make Cup debut at Las Vegas
Cole Custer will make his Cup debut with Rick Ware Racing in the March 4 race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the team confirmed Wednesday.
The 20-year-old Custer, who is in his second full season in the Xfinity Series, will drive the No. 51 car. That car has a charter and is guaranteed a starting spot. Custer took part in the Cup test at Las Vegas last month.

Haas Automation will be Custer’s sponsor.
http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/02/21/cole-custer-to-make-cup-debut-at-las-vegas/

43 entered at Atlanta
DWbPJ8IW0AEnQnr.jpg:large
Holy cow. I didn't recognize half of those teams and it has only been a few years since I watched regularly. I left because of JGR just running cup drivers in cup prepared cars.
es I know Penske does as well mostly and I wasn't happy with them either.
Good to see most of those drivers are out now. I better get back to recording those races.

They have made a whole lot of changes to the Xfinity cars to bring down the costs and so far it is working. Flat splitters that Nascar hands out, standard radiators for water and oil they were tweaking around with and most importantly tamper proof composite bodies at all tracks besides the plate tracks. I'm hoping it evens up the less funded teams to the big cup teams a bit more, give them a fighting chance at least.

Back
Top Bottom