Ya Picked a Fine Time to Leave me Loose Wheel

Not sure its any worse than 5 lug nuts. I am thinking we had loose wheels before?
I'll let somebody else do the research on how many wheels came off cars, not because of crash damage, in the 40 years before this piece of crap was created. Loose is one thing. Coming off and knocked a hole in the fence? Completely different deal.

I'll let somebody else do the research on how many wheels came off cars, not because of crash damage, in the 40 years before this piece of crap was created. Loose is one thing. Coming off and knocked a hole in the fence? Completely different deal.
EXACTLY. I don't know why people work so hard to defend the useless piece of crap that is the single lug system. It is a non solution to a problem that didn't exist in the first place, and it lacks the redundancy that people seem top demand of every other system. There is no pitting for a loose wheel, it just falls off without warning. This doesn't even touch the issue the #23 car had. I know because of the money involved and the fact that NASCAR is loath to admit a mistake that the damn things are with us forever, I just pray one of these things never ends up playing "Bowling For Spectators", or people on pit road or the infield. It's just a matter of time before somebody hits one of these errant wheels and sends it into orbit.

Back
Top Bottom