Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2017 edition

.....I won both the Playoff segment AND yesterday's race. Shouldn't I be the champion in today's format??????? :p....

Allenbaba: maybe your first post I disagree with. both you and I know the chase format doesn't crown a true champion!!! and i'll repeat your sarcasm smiley: :p

congrats to our champion Rick!

and thanks again to Greg and the commish, Dpkimmel2001.

will certainly be back next year. no way i'm leaving after finishing behind Johali.:D

Did I miss something? Went to watch sprint cars on the asphalt Saturday night in Irwindale Ca. and Sunday night in Bakersfield Ca. I had to make my picks before I left Saturday morning, and didn't know how I did until Sunday night. It took me nine hours to get to the Irwindale race from Sacramento, but it was worth it. Now they are closing the track there. I missed the NASCAR race, but what I did see was excellent racing at it's best. Congrats to Allenbaba, the last winner of the year. Top prize goes to Rick, the new, and only, two time champ. Are you going to Disneyland? I finished two spots lower than last year, but I had more fun this year. Thanks to Dpkimmel2001 for making it happen, and Greg for keeping it going. That's a lot of work guys, thanks again. We will see you all back here in 2018 to do it all again.

Wow what a playoff stretch hot digity dawg! Yea I'm from wisconsin but it felt right to say that lol! Like @Invisible Guest mentioned after Richmond 'off the pace' really had me sweating. To be honest I slipped up a few times because of it. No @Yogisd1 I don't think Disneyland is going to happen any time soon, there are so many things to do that are close to free and that involve much less people.:smile: Although I wont deny it does have a special something about it. All I did was have a shot of wild turkey.

I need to thank commisioner @dpkimmel2001 and @Greg for your commitment to keeping everyone updated. Its such a looong season and we can work as hard as we want on our picks let alone the 2014 champ's additional commitment to running this thread and keeping it alive. Huge thanks! :) There have been times this year I've considered going heel but this thread is full of great people so that was never an option.

I'd also like to thank racing-forums in general which again includes @dpkimmel2001 for weekly race info among other commitments and @TexasRaceLady for her commitment to wrangling the keyboard rascals, "sometimes maybe me," when necessary. It takes a special person, I think I'd lose patients and throw troublemakers to the hounds in the podium.:laugh: Of course @fury deserves a big thanks for his part hosting this nice, small, ad-free community. Whether or not it crashes and burns once in awhile;)

Thank you everyone who has been a part of RFYFL it takes everyone to make this meaningful and enjoyable. And thanks to my son for the red hot summer luck and his mother for putting up with me during the tough races.
:wub:
gty_876426510_95462955.jpg

Wow what a playoff stretch hot digity dawg! Yea I'm from wisconsin but it felt right to say that lol! Like @Invisible Guest mentioned after Richmond 'off the pace' really had me sweating. To be honest I slipped up a few times because of it. No @Yogisd1 I don't think Disneyland is going to happen any time soon, there are so many things to do that are close to free and that involve much less people.:smile: Although I wont deny it does have a special something about it. All I did was have a shot of wild turkey.

I need to thank commisioner @dpkimmel2001 and @Greg for your commitment to keeping everyone updated. Its such a looong season and we can work as hard as we want on our picks let alone the 2014 champ's additional commitment to running this thread and keeping it alive. Huge thanks! :) There have been times this year I've considered going heel but this thread is full of great people so that was never an option.

I'd also like to thank racing-forums in general which again includes @dpkimmel2001 for weekly race info among other commitments and @TexasRaceLady for her commitment to wrangling the keyboard rascals, "sometimes maybe me," when necessary. It takes a special person, I think I'd lose patients and throw troublemakers to the hounds in the podium.:laugh: Of course @fury deserves a big thanks for his part hosting this nice, small, ad-free community. Whether or not it crashes and burns once in awhile;)

gty_876426510_95462955.jpg
Very well done, spoken like a man that has already done it before.

For some reason, I did much worse this year than last.

Went from winning the championship last year to finishing 18th this year. Ouch!

I think it understandable after becoming a music star and enjoying the celebrity status of being the defending champion. The groupies Hawt wimmins constantly wanting your time attention etc...

You will probably be more dialed in for 2018.

28th in the Spring segment, 23rd in the Summer segment and 2nd in the playoffs. I'm not great at math, but if I had only done half as well in the Spring and Summer as I did in the playoffs, I could have really done well overall. With how the first two segments went, I'll definitely take a 13th place finish. Congrats to Rick! This guy stayed very consistent through the year.

Too much fantasy sports here. I was in two NASCAR leagues this year, this and the 24/48 league, same as last year. Oddly, I did way better in the 24/48 top-10 league than the Yahoo. Also in a money NFL league and a money CFB league. Getting to be too much in the fall. Definitely going to be cutting a NASCAR league and the NFL league next year. Just don't have the time to stay on top of it all.

For you folks doing fantasy sports there comes a day.

Oh, plus I'm an old lad, not having all the apps and gizmos that tell you on Wednesday morning who broke a toenail or got arrested the night before. The young whippersnappers have that all over guys like me. I get "news" at least three if not 16 hours later than the rest of the world. I'd rather quit than switch I guess. Probably will stay in this one though.

Too much fantasy sports here. I was in two NASCAR leagues this year, this and the 24/48 league, same as last year. Oddly, I did way better in the 24/48 top-10 league than the Yahoo. Also in a money NFL league and a money CFB league. Getting to be too much in the fall. Definitely going to be cutting a NASCAR league and the NFL league next year. Just don't have the time to stay on top of it all.

For you folks doing fantasy sports there comes a day.

Oh, plus I'm an old lad, not having all the apps and gizmos that tell you on Wednesday morning who broke a toenail or got arrested the night before. The young whippersnappers have that all over guys like me. I get "news" at least three if not 16 hours later than the rest of the world. I'd rather quit than switch I guess. Probably will stay in this one though.

That is why I exercise my typing hand and wrist daily, along with the commitment to eat the daily allowance of cheetos. It ain't always easy to maintain the daily routine and the sacrafice, but I believe it is the kind of discipline needed to maintain a good internet physic, and extend my career.

That is why I exercise my typing hand and wrist daily, along with the commitment to eat the daily allowance of cheetos. It ain't always easy to maintain the daily routine and the sacrafice, but I believe it is the kind of discipline needed to maintain a good internet physic, and extend my career.

I'll be rooting for you next year. Where can I get a hat? I already have a can coozie that says "Greg" from some wedding I don't remember being at :katts:

Whats involved with the 2018 yahoo game . Is there a new registration needed , etc?

Ok, I will keep an eye out about that time. This was my first year trying Nascar fantasy pick ems games
and that one is the only one that I didn't have to do a sleeve of rolaids for.
Thanks Brentford and Johali.

Glad to see people are inquiring and asking about 2018. It will be tough to beat Rick and the off season preparation is a must.

Next year when teams are being registered please take the time to post your team name on the appropriate : Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2018 edition thread.
The unique team nick names are great, and we usually have some fun ones, but it is also good to know who you are by RF user name as well.

I was just looking at the main YFL page, and it says there won't be Fantasy Racing on Yahoo in 2018. So it looks like my tenth place finish in my rookie year (on the higher end of where I ran for most of the year) will be my one and only statement in this group.

That said, if Greg and dpkimmel set up on another website, I'll sign up in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom