Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2017 edition

Congrats to fast inc. A well deserved win. As for me, the dark cloud is still there. All my guys finished between 12th, and 23rd. Any more like that, and I will fall out of the top ten.

Of the top 5 overall "Off the pace" looks to be very dangerous deep into the playoffs.

The Current RF YFL overall standings after Loudon N.H. September 24, 2017 Race 28 of 36.
Screenshot_2017-09-24-19-36-38-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Loudon NH, September 24, 2017. Race 28 of 36.
Screenshot_2017-09-24-20-38-39-1.png

My two top tens and three top fifteens got neutralized by a chunk of bad luck when Kurt Busch drove through a plume of smoke instead of jamming the brakes. Ironically, if I'd benched him for Bowyer instead of Stenhouse I would've fallen just short of a top ten finish (continuing to not play Kenseth probably didn't help either). Instead I finished mid-pack and gave up the spots I gained last week. Oh, well, on to Dover, and another attempt to improve on my spring results.

Not sure how I've managed a top 4 position with having (zero) top 5's and only (5) top 10's. I guess I'm consistently average week in and week out.

Not sure how I've managed a top 4 position with having (zero) top 5's and only (5) top 10's. I guess I'm consistently average week in and week out.

The numbers bear out the fact that you are an extremely average, yet extraordinarily successful, competitor as the next player in the standings with no top five's is in 39th place. :cheers:

The current RF YFL overall standings after Dover II, October 1st 2017. Race 29 of 36.
Screenshot_2017-10-01-19-22-15-1.png

So, wow, this was a really high-scoring week, including a new best winning score of the season. Luckily, I made all the right picks with what I had, and got two top fives, four top tens and another top ten finish. That included leaving Johnson active despite getting the pole with Truex, and swapping in McMurray over Newman despite the former's much poorer start. And even if I only just got that top ten, it was enough to boost me to tenth (+6) for the segment and eighth (+4) for the full season. The latter is the best I've been in this game since Kansas all the way back in May.

On that rather high note, onward to Charlotte, and one more attempt to fix what went wrong in the spring.

Darn you Whizzer's Weiners, you beat me by three points. Congrats on that high score. I made a little ground on the leaders, but I'll need three or four finishes like this before I can talk about being a contender again. I haven't used anybody up yet, so there might be a chance, as slim as it might be.

Teams
P1 @Rick
P2 Molo's Motorsports
P4 Green Gold Checkerd
P5 Sedro Wolley Racing

all taking a DNF hit today with Ryan Newman.

Teams
P1 @Rick
P2 Molo's Motorsports
P4 Green Gold Checkerd
P5 Sedro Wolley Racing

all taking a DNF hit today with Ryan Newman.

:beerbang:

And here I was thinkin' it was just me . . .

Truex is mid pack today and now the 95 spun. I've had enough excitement for the day and we have a long way to go.

Last edited:
McDowell picks
P1 Rick
P4 Green Gold Checkerd

Kyle Busch

P3 Off The Pace
P4 Green Gold Checkerd
P7 Gray Area Motorsports

The current RF YFL overall standings after Concord II (aka Charlotte) Oct 8, 2017. Race 30 of 36.
Screenshot_2017-10-08-17-59-41-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Charlotte, October 8th, 2017. Race 30 of 36.
Screenshot_2017-10-08-19-21-50-1.png

I still made a little ground on the leader, and have all but one driver available. Got to make a big move soon, time is running out.

106 points between P1 to P4
P1 - P10 within 300 points. Definitely a long shot from P10 to P1, but any one of them definitely still has podium capability. Lots of good teams, with good seasons in the works.

Stay strong finish strong, a top 10 is an accomplishment to be proud of in this league

Understood.
But based strictly on numbers the points are more competitive, with no resets.
Game 7 moments guaranteed organically.
Winning is king for sure, but I still thinking finish well should remain as a goal, if winning because impossible.

The Current RF YFL overall standings after Talladega II, Race 31 of 36. October 15, 2017.

Screenshot_2017-10-15-20-00-40-1.png

Congrats to Three Time, this week's winner. Rick is still holding it down. Everything I made up on him last week, I gave back this week. I thought it would be that way, being a plate race. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I might be able to catch you Greg. I emphasize the word might. I probably won't, but I'll use it all up trying.

The RFYFL weekly performance results for
Talladega II, Race 31 of 36. October 15, 2017.
(sorry about the typing error "Rusults" on the image).
Screenshot_2017-10-15-20-27-14-1.png

Damn I got a third in the weekly points and am in the top 15? Wow what a rush. :confused:

A top ten will be tough with the drivers I have left, but I'll give it my all. Though I'd be fine with a top 15 after the way this season has gone.

Back
Top Bottom