Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2017 edition

The Current RFYFL overall standings after Kansas II. Race 32 of 36, October 22, 2017.

Screenshot_2017-10-22-19-59-43-1.png

The RFYFL weekly performance results for Kansas II. Race 32 of 36, October 22, 2017.
Screenshot_2017-10-22-21-26-10-1.png

Awful week for me. I'm doing so much worse this year than last year.

Doesn't help I didn't pick new drivers this week. Would've been okay if I swapped all of my A / B drivers and kept my C driver in place. Instead, I did the opposite.

Awful week for me. I'm doing so much worse this year than last year.

Doesn't help I didn't pick new drivers this week. Would've been okay if I swapped all of my A / B drivers and kept my C driver in place. Instead, I did the opposite.
@PeopleAreStrange
Has been a great ambassador as the defending RFYFL champion. Always a gentleman that has remained gracious, even when I pick on him relentlessly.
Good on PAS for loving his community, happiness is a great thing, more people should give it a try.

Fort Worth and RF should be proud. And a fun video too.
https://racing-forums.com/threads/fort-worth-music-video.58991/

Congratulations to GreenGold Checkerd, this week's winner.

Congratulations to GreenGold Checkerd, this week's winner.

Thanks! I finally put it all together this week. It's been a strange year .. very few top performances, very few worst performances .. just a whole lot of solid!

Thanks! I finally put it all together this week. It's been a strange year .. very few top performances, very few worst performances .. just a whole lot of solid!
P4 solid for sure.

Great job @Rick and a 146 points lead is a good cushion.
Rick is in the driver's seat and making a strong run at being the first RFYFL two time champion. Which would be an incredible accomplishment based on the number of teams and weekly variables.
Most likely an already established 1st ballot Nascar HoF entry, when it is all said and done.

Still the same 4 races remain and @off the pace still has a legitimate shot. 37 points a race can be gained with laps led points alone.
OR 38 points or 19 positions alone per race is not as many as it sounds either considering that 160 (4 cars x40) positions are contested per race.
Or that 640 positions still remain to be decided.

Congrats to Green Gold Checkered, this week's winner. I didn't do too bad. My guys finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd...... and 35th. 3rd through 8th place are within 100 points of each other. That's where the action will be, but then again, this is where you start running out of drivers. Good luck everyone.

The RFYFL overall standings after Martinsville, Race 33 of 36. October 29, 2017.
Screenshot_2017-10-29-20-22-19-1.png

Congratulations to @Clutch this week's winner.
Congratulations to Off the Pace, who gained a lot of points on the leader this week.

Long day for me, I will post the full weekly results in the morning.

The RFYFL weekly performance results for Martinsville, Race 33 of 36. October 29, 2017.

Screenshot_2017-10-30-05-02-37-1.png

Way to go Clutch. One in the win column. It's getting tight at the top. Off The Pace is sixty one points behind Rick, and third through eighth is separated by seventy five points. This is getting good. Three races left, good luck to you all.

The current RFYFL overall standings after Fort Worth, Race 34 of 36. November 5th 2017.
Screenshot_2017-11-05-19-23-41-1.png

Congratulations to this week's winner @2Sweet and to @Rick on extending his lead

The RFYFL weekly performance results for Fort Worth, Race 34 of 36. November 5th 2017.
Screenshot_2017-11-06-04-54-22-1.png

The following list covers tie breaking procedures. It is a copy of last year's posted procedures that remains unchanged for 2017.
I don't think it will be needed but better to explain up front and avoid any surprises.

Nov 13, 2016

After consulting with our commissioner we will be utilizing the following tiebreakers for all ties representing the entire season, on an as needed basis. Note all of the following tiebreakers are based on the entire season, not the final segment.

1. Most wins.
if a tie still remains
2. The most top 5s
then
3. Most top 10s
if a tie still remains
4. The team scoring the most point from today's race, #36
then if still needed
5. The team scoring the most points from the Phoenix race #35
then
6. The previous event if needed... etc...

Methodology: Yahoo stats only be list points, Wins, Most Top 5s, and most Top 10s. They do not list most 2nds, then most 3rds. And the above method is the least subjective available tool, imo.
And as always no tiebreakers will used for todays race. If we have more than one racing winning team, all of them will be listed as the winner(s). The above tiebreakers would be only be used for final year long points positions.

Good luck to all today.

The current RFYFL overall standings after Phoenix, Race 35 of 36. November 12, 2017
Screenshot_2017-11-12-18-36-56-1.png

Only 26 points seperate 1st and 2nd for the finale at Homestead.

Congrats to Nodonyet, this week's winner. Only 26 points, it could go either way. Only 42 points between 3rd and 6th places. It's going to be interesting, to say the least. This week is for the seats at the banquet, good luck everyone.

The RFYFL weekly performance results for Phoenix November 12th, 2017. Race 35 of 36.
Screenshot_2017-11-13-04-01-08-2.png

Entering this weekends final race the battle for the 2017 RFYFL Championship will most likely between @Rick, and @off the pace.
Only 29 points seperate the two.

@Rick has had a great year and making a great run at being our first two time champion, it would be an incredible accomplishment.

@off the pace has had a great season, and a strong bench, this is far from settled and could go either way.

Teams from P3 to P6 are within 40 points of each other, they are not mathematically eliminated from winning, but from a practical standpoint this is a battle for P3 overall.

Lot of good teams that have had very good seasons stay strong, make your best picks today and good luck to all.

A screenshot of todays picks by the top teams.
There are only so many resources, so use your voodoo dolls wisely.

Screenshot_2017-11-19-14-58-47-1.png

@off the pace has one of his picks, Surez behind the wall.

Congratulations @Rick

The 2017 RFYFL champion
paired with his 2105 RFYFL championship he is our first and only two time champion

Congrats to Rick .. thought Off The Pace had a good shot at stealing it away, but Rick prevailed. I knew my team (Green Gold Checkered) was pretty much topped out at #3, so I was just trying to hold position .. luckily did so. Great season guys .. we ought to put some money on the line next year ;)

Thanks for doing this again, @Greg. It's always fun.

I won both the Playoff segment AND yesterday's race. Shouldn't I be the champion in today's format??????? :p

Congrats @Rick! Impressive season.

I finished 6 out of 50...I'll take that all day, everyday.

Thanks to all for the kind words, will do again next year.
Thanks to Dpkimmel2001 he is still the commissioner and the man.
We had a full field this year with 50 good teams, that is the yahoo RFYFL limit.
It is a good problem we will just have to figure out.
I hope we get 75 teams signed on next year.
Congratulations again to Rick a two time champion, a new Dad in 2017 too. A great year
Congratulations to @Allenbaba he does get better every year and he finishes strong too.

Back
Top Bottom