Your Daytona 500 Champion

B-iNuu7IUAAe7Ma.jpg:large

Has any driver ever made such a dramatic improvement? It's hard to believe the 2015 Joey is the same guy that stunk it up at Gibbs.

Joey was intimidated at JGR through no fault of the organization's own. Systemically, I don't think that the existing drivers were taping him to poles or giving him swirlies, but Denny and Kyle are pretty strong personalities. Oh and yeah, Joey was a kid. Few years under his belt. Hugs and kisses from Brad and The Captain, and little momentum, and bang, superstardom I guess.

Careful. I have heard that about many drivers.

I know what you mean. Bill Elliott was supposed to be a multiple champion, Mark Martin was supposed to win the Cup, the Labonte Bros were not supposed to win any Cups and Jeff Gordon was supposed to have 250 wins an 12 championships by now.

Like anyone else, Joey has matured in the racing industry, is associated with the correct crew chief and an excellent team mate and team owner. He has always had the talent, but, being associated with the right group to get the most from his talent was lacking at his first team, now he has a home, he is comfortable and a lot more confident in his abilities. He gets aggressive when he needs to and races hard and clean most of the time. I like the kid.

Like anyone else, Joey has matured in the racing industry, is associated with the correct crew chief and an excellent team mate and team owner. He has always had the talent, but, being associated with the right group to get the most from his talent was lacking at his first team, now he has a home, he is comfortable and a lot more confident in his abilities. He gets aggressive when he needs to and races hard and clean most of the time. I like the kid.
Plus he won the night race at Bristol... from what I hear it don't get no better than a night race at Bristol lol ;)

The next biggest drivers after a Daytona 500 win. It seems that although I love the Daytona 500 our biggest race can be won once or even twice by anybody that still has a car running at the end of the race.

Pete Hamilton- Won 4 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Geoff Bodine- Won 18 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Derrike Cope- Won 2 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Michael Waltrip- Won 4 Cup races, 2- 500s, 0 Championships
Ward Burton- Won 5 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Jamie McMurray- Won 7 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Trevor Bayne- Won 1 Cup race, 1- 500, 0 Championships

The next biggest drivers after a Daytona 500 win. It seems that although I love the Daytona 500 our biggest race can be won once or even twice by anybody that still has a car running at the end of the race.

Daytona and Talladega remind me of the saying "A rising tide lifts all boats" because almost anyone can win at an RP track. Once you get to the non RP you are lucky if there are 3 cars that have a shot at winning.

Daytona and Talladega remind me of the saying "A rising tide lifts all boats" because almost anyone can win at an RP track. Once you get to the non RP you are lucky if there are 3 cars that have a shot at winning.
I agree but I think that It's closer to 5, especially at the short tracks.

Joey was intimidated at JGR through no fault of the organization's own. Systemically, I don't think that the existing drivers were taping him to poles or giving him swirlies, but Denny and Kyle are pretty strong personalities. Oh and yeah, Joey was a kid. Few years under his belt. Hugs and kisses from Brad and The Captain, and little momentum, and bang, superstardom I guess.

he is driving a better car in an organization that has a long history of winning in many forms of motorsports, a bit different than football JGR is finding out. A big goose egg since the mistake to change manufacturers.

Any race won is a huge accomplishment.

I agree that winning anywhere is an accomplishment. It would be interesting to hear from former and current drivers where they were most proud to win or wish they would have won.

Careful. I have heard that about many drivers.
Sure, but starting out so early and being a seasoned veteran in great equipment before he's even 25 is a great advantage. Most of his main competitors will be retiring by the end of the decade too. I think he's positioned to win at least a couple.

That's almost the same thing I said yesterday after he won. gibbs put him with guys that didn't want him as there driver or team mate. he was a outsider at gibbs. now he is with a team that wants him to be there driver.

I see Joey has the 2nd highest amount of series wins for Daytona 500 winners who have not yet won a championship. :D

I know what you mean. Bill Elliott was supposed to be a multiple champion, Mark Martin was supposed to win the Cup, the Labonte Bros were not supposed to win any Cups and Jeff Gordon was supposed to have 250 wins an 12 championships by now.

:XXROFL:

The latter would have happened though not at that ridiculous pace. LOL

At least Bill, Mark and the Labonte bro got a fair shake. They ran their career with the points not being ****** with.

Well I guess Martin is the exception since he ran post chase, too.

No it is pretty obvious that some drivers are better on RP tracks than others.....
...and if you don't think that Logano is the real deal you need to give your head a shake Skoal :D:p

I am sure Denny and Kyle amiably an altruistically loved and nutured Joey as if he was their own son.

Greater love hath no man, then Denny had for Joey as he pursued hith destiny. As evidenced a in early 2013.

Haha you know whats ironic and kind of cool..... Joey, who has driven the 22 and the 20... won yesterday in his 220th start... on February 22nd. (2/22)

Slice when the life gives you an opportunity, be a good steward.

So gloat, rub it in, throw salt in their wounds. Annoy them with all the power you have. While their on the ground and flashng a weak insecue smile, kick em in the teeth.

You may have the opportunity again, so again be a good steward and enjoy the Lords blessings and honour him by not wasting the opportunity.

Just do with a smile and act innocent.

he is driving a better car in an organization that has a long history of winning in many forms of motorsports, a bit different than football JGR is finding out. A big goose egg since the mistake to change manufacturers.

I respect Penske. I respect Logano. Your post makes me embarrassed for you. The Daytona 500 Champion said himself that the only problem at JGR was that he wasn't ready. Be careful. Sliced will get pissed if you call his boy a liar.

That's almost the same thing I said yesterday after he won. gibbs put him with guys that didn't want him as there driver or team mate. he was a outsider at gibbs. now he is with a team that wants him to be there driver.

He was 18.

Slice when the life gives you an opportunity, be a good steward.

So gloat, rub it in, throw salt in their wounds. Annoy them with all the power you have. While their on the ground and flashng a weak insecue smile, kick em in the teeth.

You may have the opportunity again, so again be a good steward and enjoy the Lords blessings and honour him by not wasting the opportunity.

Just do with a smile and act innocent.
Greg, I'd like to give this a big thumbs down!

I respect Penske. I respect Logano. Your post makes me embarrassed for you. The Daytona 500 Champion said himself that the only problem at JGR was that he wasn't ready. Be careful. Sliced will get pissed if you call his boy a liar.
I'm glad that you take as gospel what TRD says and any kind of hogwash said about a Toyota team. I just look at history and the winning column. ;)

Even
Even I look at JGR as one of the biggest threats right now. Especially now with Matt and Carl able to work together again... I expect a turnaround from last season for them.
lol Towards the end:

... was all I could think... brain fart Joey! Brain fart!

Back
Top Bottom