Your Daytona 500 Champion

That would be correct.. He has won on a half mile, mile, mile n a half, 2 mile, 2.5 mile pocono and now 2.5 mile plate track.

Tough crowd here … he has won at every type of track except a road course and he did well on both last year including a 6th place at the Glen … but I'm sure you already knew that …

It's true that just about any driver can win on a plate track. But to be fair, Joey has proven he can win at other types of tracks as well, so the Derrike Cope and Trevor Bayne comparisons don't quite compute. This was Joey's first RP win, so I think a road course win is all that's left on his checklist.

Agreed.

Joey is coming along just fine.

Still dont think he's one of the bestest ever as Slice pointed out. There has been quite a few drivers who has had a few good seasons then plateau and we barely heard from again.

Gotta keep that consistency imo. But he's proved he can win just about anywhere.

I dont like logo for what he did to Patrick last year, but he is a threat to win. Greatest ever,,,well sliced lets not butter that bread on both sides.

Tough crowd here … he has won at every type of track except a road course and he did well on both last year including a 6th place at the Glen … but I'm sure you already knew that …
Yup and 11th at Sonoma.. that 11th was his only finish outside the top 10 from Indy to Talladega in the chase.... but he sucks dont u know? lol

Agreed.

Joey is coming along just fine.

Still dont think he's one of the bestest ever as Slice pointed out. There has been quite a few drivers who has had a few good seasons then plateau and we barely heard from again.

Gotta keep that consistency imo. But he's proved he can win just about anywhere.
I dont like logo for what he did to Patrick last year, but he is a threat to win. Greatest ever,,,well sliced lets not butter that bread on both sides.
By best there is I dont necessarily mean best ever.. I know he has a long way to go before he's in that conversation.. but there's no denying he's one of the best active drivers right now... I'm aware it could all end any time... but right now it looks like he has a very successful career ahead of him.

By best there is I dont necessarily mean best ever.. I know he has a looong way to go before he's in that conversation.. but there's no denying he's one of the best active drivers right now... I'm aware it could all end any time... but right now it looks like he has a very successful career ahead of him.

Put it this way...Id love for Patrick and him to trade places in terms of where they are at driver wise

About the only argument against him right now is "I don't like him so he sucks!"... or some sort of variation of that.

He doesn't suck, the kid obviously has talent and he does carry himself better than Brad K or Austin "I got a ride because of Grandpappy" Dillon. However, let's not treat winning the Daytona 500 as the same thing as winning a Championship.

He doesn't suck, the kid obviously has talent and he does carry himself better than Brad K or Austin "I got a ride because of Grandpappy" Dillon. However, let's not treat winning the Daytona 500 as the same thing as winning a Championship.
Agreed... but I'm excited lol

The championship('s) will come. I'm more worried about Atlanta right now lol

About the only argument against him right now is "I don't like him so he sucks!"... or some sort of variation of that.
No. I look at him like I look at any other driver. Neutral, with no preformed opinions and my opinion is he may become one of the best but he's not there yet by quite a bit. Your little cabal on the attack doesn't bother me at all. Just because some of us don't agree with you doesn't mean that we don't like him or think that he sucks. Troll on McDuff.

Yup and 11th at Sonoma.. that 11th was his only finish outside the top 10 from Indy to Talladega in the chase.... but he sucks dont u know? lol

He never sucked … he was just mediocre at JGR … his move to Penske was the best move he could have made … I can see him out performing Brad and being the face of the Penske team … and I'm a Brad fan ...

No. I look at him like I look at any other driver. Neutral, with no preformed opinions and my opinion is he may become one of the best but he's not there yet by quite a bit. Your little cabal on the attack doesn't bother me at all. Just because some of us don't agree with you doesn't mean that we don't like him or think that he sucks. Troll on McDuff.
You don't even not agree with me really.. I mean u just said it... the only difference is I favor him and am more confident he will become one of the best.

He never sucked … he was just mediocre at JGR … his move to Penske was the best move he could have made … I can see him our performing Brad and being the face of the Penske team … and I'm a Brad fan ...
I think all he needs is that cup.. not that "all he needs" should relate to winning a championship but since joining Penske he has outperformed Brad and this 500 win just helps that. I like Brad too.. but I think you're right.

I picked Danica in a fantasy game this week... Atlanta is where she got her best finish yet.... but you already knew that... I'd bet ur looking forward to this weekend though.

I am. I dont have facebook @ work

Just realized Joey just gave Roger Penske the opportunity to become only the second team owner to win the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500 in the same year... that'd be cool.

Just realized Joey just gave Roger Penske the opportunity to become only the second team owner to win the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500 in the same year... that'd be cool.

He had that oportunity back when Newman won it few years back.

Damn they done merged your thread with the 500 one.

Let the guy celebrate a little..

I have to give slice credit he joined and was toughting Joey from the start.
Jan 2013, Joey had not started his first Penske race. Joey had just finished his tough stint with JGR.

Hamlin obviously wanted to bully him and treat him like someone incapable of being a front runner.
But Slice was chanting Joey to anybody with a belief in his driver, and there indeed was a transformation going on with Joey.

Maybe a new scenario was all he needed, I tend to think he just happened to personally mature.
I guess Harvick is my favorite, but I still like seeing Joey stand his ground when they have an altercation. He isn't the little kid that Denny can tell to hush any more, and he drives like a bad ass.

And yep Slice told us so...

Maybe I am a semi troll, I get a kick out of Slice and with those that are a little annoyed etc.

Liking post on both sides to keep the **** stirred up.

I have to give slice credit he joined and was toughting Joey from the start.
Jan 2013, Joey had not started his first Penske race. Joey had just finished his tough stint with JGR.

Hamlin obviously wanted to bully him and treat him like someone incapable of being a front runner.
But Slice was chanting Joey to anybody with a belief in his driver, and there indeed was a transformation going on with Joey.

Maybe a new scenario was all he needed, I tend to think he just happened to personally mature.
I guess Harvick is my favorite, but I still like seeing Joey stand his ground when they have an altercation. He isn't the little kid that Denny can tell to hush any more, and he drives like a bad ass.

And yep Slice told us so...

Maybe I am a semi troll, I get a kick out of Slice and with those that are a little annoyed etc.

Liking post on both sides to keep the sh!t stirred up.

.. you know.. it could be worse.. I could be like Gordon or Junior fans and go on and on about how Joey would have won the championship last year under blah blah points format ;) LOL

.. you know.. it could be worse.. I could be like Gordon or Junior fans and go on and on about how Joey would have won the championship last year under blah blah points format ;) LOL
Not touching that one or going there.

upload_2015-2-24_19-57-18.png

Ya think sliced is bad, you should have seen me when be9 showed up at the track. I followed him way before his first win. If only there were message boards back then.

Back
Top Bottom