Your Daytona 500 Champion

logano-daytona500-ring.jpg

During the Daytona 500 Champion's Breakfast, DIS President Joie Chitwood III
presents Joey Logano with a steel-and-gold Rolex Cosmograph Daytona watch

logano-daytona500-ring.jpg

During the Daytona 500 Champion's Breakfast, DIS President Joie Chitwood III
presents Joey Logano with a steel-and-gold Rolex Cosmograph Daytona watch
I hear those Rolex Watches are pretty heavy feeling wearing on your wrist. I bet it feels like it weighs a ton.

I'm glad that you take as gospel what TRD says and any kind of hogwash said about a Toyota team. I just look at history and the winning column. ;)

Of course you do.

Since Gibbs switched brands they've won more races than all the Ford teams combined.

Of course you do.

Since Gibbs switched brands they've won more races than all the Ford teams combined.
....aaand what have they done over the past 2 years in comparison to Ford? Just sayin..... what happened 2-3(+) years ago is about as relevant in NASCAR nowadays as Jeremy Mayfield.

... for the big

toldyouso.jpg

...that I've been promising so many of you for the past couple of years :D

If there is any way that those of you I'm talking about may not have felt like I was right about Joey all along... well I think he pretty much put an exclamation point on it on Sunday... No? Maybe it was already done last season... Lol

Don't be shy or too proud... you can tell me about how I was right all along.. Go ahead.. I won't rub it in too much ;)

joey-logano-nascar-daytona-500.jpg

....aaand what have they done over the past 2 years in comparison to Ford? Just sayin..... what happened 2-3(+) years ago is about as relevant in NASCAR nowadays as Jeremy Mayfield.
My post is relevant to a statement made by the gentleman I quoted. ... aaaaaaaand I like Ford.

Go lick Joey Breadslice in your new thread.

Anybody in the race can win a Daytona 500. That's a fact.

Pete Hamilton- Won 4 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Geoff Bodine- Won 18 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Derrike Cope- Won 2 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Michael Waltrip- Won 4 Cup races, 2- 500s, 0 Championships
Ward Burton- Won 5 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Jamie McMurray- Won 7 Cup races, 1- 500, 0 Championships
Trevor Bayne- Won 1 Cup race, 1- 500, 0 Championships

That's right.. it is a fact :)

Joey's not just anybody.. he's one of the best... you don't have to like him to see that... and if you're still not quite convinced after the last couple seasons and after watching the last 30 laps of that race.. give it some more time.. I'm sure he has more to prove ;)

It's true that just about any driver can win on a plate track. But to be fair, Joey has proven he can win at other types of tracks as well, so the Derrike Cope and Trevor Bayne comparisons don't quite compute. This was Joey's first RP win, so I think a road course win is all that's left on his checklist.

That's right.. it is a fact :)

Joey's not just anybody.. he's one of the best... you don't have to like him to see that... and if you're still not quite convinced after the last couple seasons and after watching the last 30 laps of that race.. give it some more time.. I'm sure he has more to prove ;)
one of the best. wow, you're going off the deep end.

It's true that just about any driver can win on a plate track. But to be fair, Joey has proven he can win at other types of tracks as well, so the Derrike Cope and Trevor Bayne comparisons don't quite compute. This was Joey's first RP win, so I think a road course win is all that's left on his checklist.
That would be correct.. He has won on a half mile, mile, mile n a half, 2 mile, 2.5 mile pocono and now 2.5 mile plate track.

I wouldn't consider any of these drivers to hav been a threat on race day. Logano is in the favorite to win category every week.

Back
Top Bottom