2014 Indianapolis - Crown Royal Presents the John Wayne Walding 400 - Pre Race Thread

@jeff_gluck

Mayor asked to clarify whether today is Jeff Gordon Day or Sunday is. It's Sun. Gordon: "Make sure you tell all the rest of the guys that."
20091210064128!Rimshot.gif

@jeff_gluck
Jimmie Johnson was asked if the 2008 tire debacle is what hurt Indy crowds. Jokes: "I thought it was my fault. Bc I'm in the sport, nobody shows up."
20091210064128!Rimshot.gif

NASCAR reports on its radio channel cars of Stenhouse, Cassill, Gilliland & Stremme will miss portion of practice.

NASCAR typically penalizes drivers 15 minutes of practice time if they're late for inspection previous event.

If KuBu has any intentions of making a serious run at the cup, it'll start at Indy, on the flat track. Watch for him and Harvick to hang around top-15 all day but be top-5 by the end.

Jeff Gordon receives his number off of the 1994 scoring pilon, where he won the inaugural brickyard 400.

image.jpg

If KuBu has any intentions of making a serious run at the cup, it'll start at Indy, on the flat track. Watch for him and Harvick to hang around top-15 all day but be top-5 by the end.
It should have started at New Hampshire... on the flat track.

Gordon and Harvick owned qualifying. Looked like the 2 and the 22 today.

Moments like this were what I liked about single-car qualifying:

I miss it too. You used to be able to watch a complete lap by everybody. Now it takes the same amount of tv time, but it only creates about 5 minutes of excitement.

No. But you are a 99 an 18 fan.... I'd imagine you wish he won less. Haha
I'm a NASCAR fan. I recognize Jeff Gordon's importance in this sport. I liked it when Jeff came along and beat Sr.
IMO, Jeffy winning one more would take the wind out of the 48 fanbase. Jimmie Johnson isn't on my top ten best driver list, but the 48 team is in the top 5 of my top ten best team list.

Back
Top Bottom