2016 Indianapolis - Combat Wounded Coalition 400 - Pre Race Thread

Cn_FpDyVUAI_xAN.jpg:large

I wonder how many of the peeps clamoring to drop Indy from the schedule are the same ones who complain that Nascar left traditional tracks like North Wilkesboro to race at new tracks in new markets. Quite a few, I'd bet.

Jeff Gordon completes first run in the No. 88 car. He's 4th on the board in the early moments of Cup practice.

Do you think there is a little resentment by the 88 crew with Gordon getting in the car. With a rookie, you are just hoping the guy keeps the car on the track, but when a great driver is hired, I would imagine there is some feeling of resentment. He's not "our" guy, he's just a "name". Those feelings probably go away if he wins on sunday. haha.

Do you think there is a little resentment by the 88 crew with Gordon getting in the car. With a rookie, you are just hoping the guy keeps the car on the track, but when a great driver is hired, I would imagine there is some feeling of resentment. He's not "our" guy, he's just a "name". Those feelings probably go away if he wins on sunday. haha.
Reads like you're trying to make something out of nothing. ;)

Reads like you're trying to make something out of nothing. ;)

Probably. I just saw the guy in the gray shirt in the background watching Gordon get in the car and he doesn't look amused. Probably nothing, there, and that guy probably isn't even part of the team. Just b.s.ing until the race. I'm still looking forward to it.

Great picks btw!

@jayski

48 13 31 19 24 88 78 11 5 47 27 42 1 22 44 14 2 16 41 43 17 6 38 34 21 10 15 7 95 23 83 46 98 after 14 minutes of practice.

Kyle Busch under the #32 in Turn 2 and spun out. One of them had a brain fart.

EDITED: Carpentier says it was his fault. Too much rust on his oval racing skills. TV showed him talking to Kyle; Kyle mostly just nodded and never looked at him. Understandable.

Last edited:
Probably. I just saw the guy in the gray shirt in the background watching Gordon get in the car and he doesn't look amused. Probably nothing, there, and that guy probably isn't even part of the team. Just b.s.ing until the race. I'm still looking forward to it.

Great picks btw!
That's his longtime public relations guy, Jon Edwards. He's probably thinking "I thought we were done with this?"

Same cars up front. Same cars slow. Maybe slower cars needs Hendrick chassis and motors. Maybe NASCAR needs to be build the motors.

Back
Top Bottom