All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure you don't play with barbie dolls?
:rolleyes:

I believe in my driver just like any fan. Shes shown flashes of what she can do...(daytona pole, etc) she needs to show more.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

I believe in my driver just like any fan. Shes shown flashes of what she can do...(daytona pole, etc) she needs to show more.
believing in your driver and thinking you know what they are thinking (She wants desperately to be on the lead lap at all times but she needs to respect the leader too.) Maybe you need to start writing romance novels. Greg can help if it goes over to the X rated side.

believing in your driver and thinking you know what they are thinking (She wants desperately to be on the lead lap at all times but she needs to respect the leader too.) Maybe you need to start writing romance novels. Greg can help if it goes over to the X rated side.

She has said as much on the radio.

not me. She wants to be as competitive as possible...even comments like "Seems all we ever do is learn from mistakes"
She's frustrated. Wants to perform. Mark of a winner.

She has some points on the boards but she hasn't raced in this month of April.
I just went and checked on her web page and she still has the 2013 schedule up. That's not good...i sure hope she is not done. We may have to wait for Andy to fill us in on her plans for 2014.

I just went and checked on her web page and she still has the 2013 schedule up. That's not good...i sure hope she is not done. We may have to wait for Andy to fill us in on her plans for 2014.
Her NNS ride evaporated due to no fault of her's. She isn't done, she's just trying to regroup and put something together. She wants to race anything she can get so as to acquire as much seat time as possible, but certain of her advisers want her to wait for a NNS ride. She's racing Five Flags and a few other places for the time being.

Last edited:
She would kick me all right....right into a wall.
If she made it more than 5 laps that is.

Her NNS ride evaporated due to no fault of her's. She isn't done, she's just trying to regroup and put something together. She wants to race anything she can get so as to acquire as much seat time as possible, but certain of her advisers want her to wait for a NNS ride. She's racing Five Flags and a few other places for the time being.
Thank's Johali. I sure hope someone can give Johanna a decent car in the future for the NNS.

Wondering if Jennifer Jo Cobb will move up from trucks to Nationwide Series anytime soon...
And would she be successful?
JJ Cobb is a lot worse than Danica. Look at the fiasco with Harmon last year too. She's the kind of crazy you just don't mess around with. It would be a disaster if she didn't park the car like she usually does.

Will Danica Patrick do anything to grab attention on the race track and not for all that other stuff? Danica is a back-packer once again, stuck in 29th place. No one expected her to make the Chase, but the marching orders from Stewart-Haas Racing is that she must improve. That's not happening. Cue all the rumors — unfounded or not — about her switching over to the SHR Formula One team if things continue to unravel making left-hand turns.

From http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...se-george-diaz-0423-20140422,0,3605408.column

I really don't want to see her in F1. I know all the press has indicated that they don't want her for F1, but man.
I want to see her improve as well....GO DP

Will Danica Patrick do anything to grab attention on the race track and not for all that other stuff? Danica is a back-packer once again, stuck in 29th place. No one expected her to make the Chase, but the marching orders from Stewart-Haas Racing is that she must improve. That's not happening. Cue all the rumors — unfounded or not — about her switching over to the SHR Formula One team if things continue to unravel making left-hand turns.

From http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...se-george-diaz-0423-20140422,0,3605408.column

I really don't want to see her in F1. I know all the press has indicated that they don't want her for F1, but man.
The link doesn't work for me but that's just as well. Didn't really read the link address until I couldn't get to the page. The Orlando Sentinel is probably one of the biggest piece of garbage newspapers out there. The same rag that sued to get Dale Earnhardt's autopsy photo's. Eff them!

The link doesn't work for me but that's just as well. Didn't really read the link address until I couldn't get to the page. The Orlando Sentinel is probably one of the biggest piece of garbage newspapers out there. The same rag that sued to get Dale Earnhardt's autopsy photo's. Eff them!

Thanks DP for the heads up on the sentinel

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I dont think any F1 team would seriously take any SHR or any HMS driver.

It has nothing to do with their driving abilities, it is an age issue. It is a totally different world even with Danica's open wheel experience. You have to get them going that way early enough to get the benefits after the adjustment or learning curve.

If Danica is under the gun at SHR, there will be a lot more reports to come, as noted I would discount the signal source noted.

But just to play the what if game, if she lost the SHR gig, she could still and would go to another quality multicar team as long as she has the attached sponsorship. It wouldn't even have to be GoDaddy, she is a brand within herself she could find another one if the necessity arises.
I think she can run in cup indefinitely, she will probably be the one that decides enough is enough when the time comes.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I dont think any F1 team would seriously take any SHR or any HMS driver.

It has nothing to do with their driving abilities, it is an age issue. It is a totally different world even with Danica's open wheel experience. You have to get them going that way early enough to get the benefits after the adjustment or learning curve.

If Danica is under the gun at SHR, there will be a lot more reports to come, as noted I would discount the signal source noted.

But just to play the what if game, if she lost the SHR gig, she could still and would go to another quality multicar team as long as she has the attached sponsorship. It wouldn't even have to be GoDaddy, she is a brand within herself she could find another one if the necessity arises.
I think she can run in cup indefinitely, she will probably be the one that decides enough is enough when the time comes.
I think the rumor is that she'd go to Gene Haas' F1 team if she were to go that route.

However, I see Danica staying in NASCAR probably another 3-5 years. I think she will ultimately go back to open wheel in some form though.

I think the rumor is that she'd go to Gene Haas' F1 team if she were to go that route.

However, I see Danica staying in NASCAR probably another 3-5 years. I think she will ultimately go back to open wheel in some form though.

Maybe, I dunno. I am thinking a lot of group think comes from brainstorming that rarely becomes a reality.

I wonder if she would want to go 325 + mph in an open wheel top fuel dragster? She would definitely lose all the attention about being a female driver that's for sure.:D

Completely agree with this.

Danica would have no worries securing a ride as she comes with full sponsorship. Something lots of teams are desperate for these days.

However I'm skeptical of the rumor SHR has started the performance clock on her. SHR is cashing some massive checks from sponsorship and merchandise sales because of Danica. It would be foolish to walk away from a cash cow that's producing 8 figure number$ for the team each year no matter how bad she really is.

Completely agree with this.

Danica would have no worries securing a ride as she comes with full sponsorship. Something lots of teams are desperate for these days.

However I'm skeptical of the rumor SHR has started the performance clock on her. SHR is cashing some massive checks from sponsorship and merchandise sales because of Danica. It would be foolish to walk away from a cash cow that's producing 8 figure number$ for the team each year no matter how bad she really is.

Good post-agree with it other than the "how bad she is" part. I Danica has her own "performance clock" and I really feel that she will get very frustrated unless things improve.

That reminds me yoda-they need to do a promotional demo derby with nascar drivers.....have them drive brand new cars....be fun

DP on Richmond:

http://www.danicaracing.com/newsdesk-press&nid=262

DANICA PATRICK, Driver of the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing:
Talk about heading to Richmond this weekend.

“If anybody has the key to Richmond, please pass it along because I have not figured it out, yet. I haven’t run well at Richmond, yet. I loved going there in IndyCar, and I had good success there, I feel like. I had lots of top-fives there in IndyCar, or at least running consistently in the top-five. It just hasn’t been that way in stock cars. I have a really hard time getting into turn one. I feel like the car is going to spin out the whole time, so I don’t know. Hopefully, this time will be different. I have said in the past when people ask me what my favorite track is, I say ‘Whatever I’ve done well at,’ and I’ve gone from hating to loving a track in one day. So, hopefully, that will be the case at Richmond.”

You had success at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway last season, posting a top-12 finish and a top-20 finish. This year, you had a top-10 qualifying effort at Martinsville. How does Richmond compare to the other short tracks we go to in the Cup Series.

“Both ends are different at Richmond. I feel like you drive kind of downhill into turn one, and you kind of drive up and into turn three. It’s getting old so it’s losing grip, and power down and rear traction off the corner is at a premium, so that’s always what we try and figure out how to get.”

Last weekend was the first one of two off weekends the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series takes, so at the first break in the season, rate your year, so far.

“I really feel like it has been a lot better than last year as far as the race goes, and qualifying, even. It’s been, I feel like, a lot better. It’s still not great but it’s definitely getting better. We started off the year really well in practice and running like top-15 in practice, and Las Vegas was great. We were one of the fastest cars for most of the time we were on track in practice. But that didn’t lead to good results in the race. With getting crashed and not having great races, that kind of puts a damper on the whole weekend. I’ve had other weekends where I’m not running well at all in practice, but then I go out in the race and the car seems to be OK. So, I guess I would rather struggle through the weekend and then have a good race than the other way around. At some point in time, you’ve got to put it all together and you’ve got to run fast, qualify well and run great in the race.”

TONY GIBSON, Crew chief of the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing:

The last race was Darlington and the No. 10 team had a solid finish. How does what the team accomplished at Darlington help heading into Richmond?

“That was awesome. I think we learned a lot from the last time we were at Darlington with Danica, as far as being patient and just what she needed with the car. I think that helped us be more patient. Like I told her, that’s a place where, if you can just be patient and race the racetrack, you’ll end up with a good finish. We fought all night and, as a team, we worked well together – pit stops and everything – so I feel like it was a win for our team. Each week, we build on what we know from last year, and we learn more, and I think we’re able to definitely take positives from each race we’ve run and build on that. I’m really proud of what we accomplished at Darlington, and I think we’re going to have to have that same kind of focus heading into Richmond. It’s another track where I want her to be patient and focus on racing the racetrack and not get caught up in what the other guys are doing because that’s where you’re going to run into problems. She’s run a lot of races at Richmond, but most of those were in IndyCar, and that’s a lot different from how she drives the track in a stock car. A lot of this weekend will be about her leaning on her teammates and talking to them about how they get around the track. I think that’s going to help her a lot more than I might be able to. From our end, we just have to stay focused. It’s not about going out there on the track and beating Jimmie Johnson or beating Tony Stewart. Our focus is to get her on the track and have her be the best Danica Patrick that she can be. And that’s the key for us each week. Danica is still learning, and part of the learning process is learning to be patient and learning how to race the racetrack, and that’s what we’ll be focusing on this weekend at Richmond.”

She ran the Rattler 250 a few weeks ago. She's obviously waiting for a NASCAR ride to open up. It's total bull**** she doesn't have a ride.

Kenzie Ruston's also for real. Tons of talent and also a genuinely sweet person.

kenzieruston.jpg

Last edited:
JJ Cobb is a lot worse than Danica. Look at the fiasco with Harmon last year too. She's the kind of crazy you just don't mess around with. It would be a disaster if she didn't park the car like she usually does.

Jennifer Jo Cobb ----- well, I won't say anything at all since I have nothing nice to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom