All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been fortunate to run really well there and been with some great drivers. It’s probably one of my better tracks because it kind of fits my style of setup stuff. It’s a really cool track and I loved it the first time I saw it. I’m looking forward to going back there and I’m glad we race there twice.”

crashed the first time, 37th, and the second screamed to a 27th place. GOOOOO Danica.

I think he was referring to his past success?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...es-the-needle-in-the-nascar-sprint-cup-series

..........But there is this: Patrick is a master at connecting with fans, especially women and parents of young women who idolize her. No matter how bad she may currently be at her job, she's still better than any other woman who has ever dared to attempt it.

And there are those who should know within the sport who continue to insist that she is getting better all the time—including one guy who really matters: her boss at Stewart-Haas Racing, fellow driver and SHR co-owner Tony Stewart.

"She's making progress. She's gaining on it," Stewart told Tom Jensen of FoxSports.com back in May. "You know, there's no ginormous leaps and bounds, but Kansas was proof that she's making gains and getting better. I think she's learning more as a driver, what these cars like and dislike. It's a process, especially a year like this. ... It's just another hurdle for her to cross because of the new packages in the cars. I think she's doing a pretty good job, considering."

hi-res-ee1dd9899fab48430e7e1595c00f3a2f_crop_exact.jpg

Gregory Shamus/Getty Images
Danica Patrick with her boss, Tony Stewart.

But more than anything, Patrick still moves the needle of public interest and opinion.

Whether people love her or can't stand her, she's polarizing. No one can look away. People watch, maybe more of all the commercials she's in than when she's actually in her race car. But they notice. The media takes note of everything she does.

And Patrick is a master at playing to it, while admittedly working very hard to at least attempt to get better at her craft (meaning driving, not the marketing end of it that she long ago mastered).

That's why she's worth millions in sponsorship money she can bring in to an organization, and money is what talks loudest in a sport where much of it has been disappearing in recent years. All Patrick really has to do to continue to stay front and center in the sport, and gainfully employed, is finish eighth in a race once in a while".

----------------
Good article, but I wish they would focus more on winning....I want to see her WIN in victory lane not just at the souiveer trailer

good article, :idunno: when we say these things you always have a counter post. she's in the car because she has a sponsor, most of her fans are woman and children. yes i would rather see her in a racy commercial than a race. doesn't matter how bad she is, she's been the best female yet. forget a win, top five nada, but if she can finish eighth once in a while is good enough. how dare Tony say something positive about one of his drivers with guaranteed sponsor money. maybe i'm reading it wrong.

"No matter how bad she may currently be at her job, she's still better than any other woman who has ever dared to attempt it."

Janet Guthrie anyone? Statements like this are why no one in the sports world takes anything Bleacher Report says seriously.

I like Tonys take thats all pudge. I dont like talking about a woman racer..I want her to be known as a race car driver that happened to be a woman, not a female-racer.

Danica is the best because she's the only one to have gotten a chance in the equipment she has.

If Gibbs, Roush....et.al. were smart, they'd sign Johanna Long, put her in a Nationwide car for a year or two and then move her to Cup.

Danica is the best because she's the only one to have gotten a chance in the equipment she has.

If Gibbs, Roush....et.al. were smart, they'd sign Johanna Long, put her in a Nationwide car for a year or two and then move her to Cup.

Kenzie Ruston > Johanna Long. Like your idea tho

If Kenzie and Johanna outperform Danica then she's done. Given Johanna's performance in substandard Nationwide equipment, she'd probably be a winner after a year in JGR, Penske or Roush equipment.

Dont know about that....Plus when Patrick wins this year her position will be rock solid.

Where is Danica getting this mythical win? Talladega is the only realistic option

I dont mean this in a bad way but Danica isnt getting any younger, unless she performs better, sponsorship will dry up eventually

Where is Danica getting this mythical win? Talladega is the only realistic option

I dont mean this in a bad way but Danica isnt getting any younger, unless she performs better, sponsorship will dry up eventually

Short track I would bet...and I do not see GO DADDY going anywhere...they are there for duration

But....

I do think she needs to produce...and not REPRODUCE. That pic of the large SUV she just bought bothers me. Fill it with puppies...the 4 legged kind not 2 legged, Patrick. You have races to win!

Last edited:
Short track I would bet...and I do not see GO DADDY going anywhere...they are there for duration

But....

I do think she needs to produce...and not REPRODUCE. That pic of the large SUV she just bought bothers me. Fill it with puppies...the 4 legged kind not 2 legged, Patrick. You have races to win!

Danica got the GoDaddy deal because she's an attractive woman. When that's no longer the case and she doesn't start producing, they'll likely move on to a different driver. Danica is a marketing machine that has used her looks to go a long way.

Danica got the GoDaddy deal because she's an attractive woman. When that's no longer the case and she doesn't start producing, they'll likely move on to a different driver. Danica is a marketing machine that has used her looks to go a long way.

Shes gonna win!

Keep that attitude, always support your driver no matter what.

I believe Danica has what it takes also, she'll get a win at some point and we can sit back and watch the excuses roll in.
what is the some point? can we have a time table when you think this will happen? so as long as she is racing the na sayers will be wrong and the believers right?

what is the some point? can we have a time table when you think this will happen? so as long as she is racing the na sayers will be wrong and the believers right?

Shes improving...I feel she went too soon to cup,,,,but I believe it will happen this year

I like Tonys take thats all pudge. I dont like talking about a woman racer..I want her to be known as a race car driver that happened to be a woman, not a female-racer.

If she was just another driver (not a woman) she wouldn't have a cup ride.

I just responded to point about Danica needing to be seen as just another driver.

I hope she gets to that point..I realize she has a little more rope than other drivers might

I believe Danica has what it takes also, she'll get a win at some point and we can sit back and watch the excuses roll in.

Why would the "excuses roll in"??? I don't get it. I feel like all the Danica lovers with their heads high in the sky only say this because they dream about telling the "haters" to eat crow if the unthinkable happens. Just because we don't believe she can win doesn't mean we'll make excuses if it happens. Hell, I think just the opposite. I feel like her winning a race would shock so many people that they couldn't help but give her credit.

I don't think Danica has earned a Cup ride at SHR and I don't think she's good enough to win or contend with any bit of consistency, but that doesn't mean I'm rooting against her. Seeing her succeed would be GREAT for the sport and I'm all for it.

Why would the "excuses roll in"??? I don't get it. I feel like all the Danica lovers with their heads high in the sky only say this because they dream about telling the "haters" to eat crow if the unthinkable happens. Just because we don't believe she can win doesn't mean we'll make excuses if it happens. Hell, I think just the opposite. I feel like her winning a race would shock so many people that they couldn't help but give her credit.

I don't think Danica has earned a Cup ride at SHR and I don't think she's good enough to win or contend with any bit of consistency, but that doesn't mean I'm rooting against her. Seeing her succeed would be GREAT for the sport and I'm all for it.
People make excuses for her Indy Car win, so trust me it will happen when she wins in Cup "She only won cause it's a plate track." "If so and so didn't wreck she not have won." "She won with fuel mileage" stuff like that. It's bound to happen.

One win in almost two decades of professional racing, and it's the detractors who are the ones making excuses?

Patrick comes to the 22nd Annual Camping World RV Sales 301 ready to grab victory. Her extraordinary record at the track, marketed as The Magic Mile - Where Good Racing Is An Illusion, speaks for itself.

Last week’s second top ten finish of the season was her third in an amazing Sprint Cup career of 64 races. She has now reached over half of the number of top tens earned by Janet Guthrie in 33 starts.

The Roscoe Rockette first charged into Loudon in open wheel competition where she became the first woman to finish in the top 6. A total of 17 cars were running at the end of the physically demanding 215 lap event. Unfortunately the race, shortened by rain, ended just as she was setting up the head of the field for a dramatic finish.

Her 30th in the initial appearance on the track in the NNS was simply an exploratory venture. She recorded a 14th in her second entry, finishing ahead of the winningest driver in that series’ history.

Patrick, starting in the top 29 today, has compiled an enviable average finish of 32nd in her two Sprint Cup entries on the facility. Teamed with veteran crew chief Tony Gibson, a winner with 3 to his credit in 318 attempts, she’s on the brink of going places.

Kyle Larson: 4 top-5's in 23 career Cup starts in Ganassi equipment.

Danica Patrick: 0 top-5's in 65 career Cup starts in SHR equipment.

The "learning" excuse is officially dead.

Kyle Larson: 4 top-5's in 23 career Cup starts in Ganassi equipment.

Danica Patrick: 0 top-5's in 65 career Cup starts in SHR equipment.

The "learning" excuse is officially dead.

Ive always said I wish she had spent more time in Nationwide. I believe she will get it...really do. Larson has a gift..love that kid..
We will see Patrick in winners circle this year,

Ive always said I wish she had spent more time in Nationwide. I believe she will get it...really do. Larson has a gift..love that kid..
We will see Patrick in winners circle this year,
Thing is, Larson didn't have a lot of time in NW either and it doesn't seem to be adversely affecting him. He's still kind of learning on the fly, as he's run some NW and ARCA events this year.The only place left on the schedule I could see Danica possibly winning at would be Talladega. Other than that, I have a hard time seeing it happen.

Thing is, Larson didn't have a lot of time in NW either and it doesn't seem to be adversely affecting him. He's still kind of learning on the fly, as he's run some NW and ARCA events this year.The only place left on the schedule I could see Danica possibly winning at would be Talladega. Other than that, I have a hard time seeing it happen.

we shall see...I wish DP would run some nationwide as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom