How about that Ryan Newman

Racing is all about circumstances and they often favor one driver over another.

Gordon still outperformed Newman IN the chase.

Gordon: 5 top 5s (all 2nd places, and a win) 6 top 10s 531 laps led.

Newman: 3 Top 5s , 6 Top 10s 17 laps led.
--

In terms of head to head performance, Gordon beat him quite comfortably.

So no, Newman didn't do better than him.

Even with the 2 incidents Gordon had (Loudon and Texas) Newman finished 18th and 15th respectively.

Fact of the matter is, Neman got into the chase via Brad being a ****tard. It sure as hell wasn't because he was faster than Gordon on the track.
By chase wise I meant by the chase rules. Gordon had a hell of a year and I never been a fan of his but had he won it I not had been disappointed either. Gordon did deserve it more and would have had a chance if not for the stuff with Brad I agree.

I'm just trying to give Newman props for doing what he had to do with what NASCAR gave him.

Gordon still outperformed Newman IN the chase.

Gordon: 5 top 5s (all 2nd places, and a win) 6 top 10s 531 laps led.

Newman: 3 Top 5s , 6 Top 10s 17 laps led.
--

In terms of head to head performance, Gordon beat him quite comfortably.

So no, Newman didn't do better than him.

Even with the 2 incidents Gordon had (Loudon and Texas) Newman finished 18th and 15th respectively.

Fact of the matter is, Neman got into the chase via Brad being a ****tard. It sure as hell wasn't because he was faster than Gordon on the track.
Boohoo

It wasn't their fault the system was created and for all the grief they received coming into this weekend.... they certainly performed like they belonged there. And that is their fault. Hats off to the CAT bunch.
I am happy for Newman. A long time underrated driver without the compensating name, look, or butt kissing abilities. All very likable points imo.
The dude is just a solid driver, no glamour or polish, just a lot of grit and determination. He is probably not a future first ballot HoF but without question worthy of entering in due time.

I am happy for RCR too. They are a good pair, not the fastest but always solid and ready to pounce an opportunity.
He ran a good race and almost won it all. A great achievement that deserves the respect imo. I don't like the Chase anymore than anyone else, but they did a great job and nobody can take that away from them.
Well said, gentlemen.

I'm proud of Newman and his team. I thought he would put the bumper to Harvick if he could have gotten closer, but in his interview, he admitted that he never intended to. I would have been excited if he had done it just for the pure drama factor, but he did the right thing IMO. It would have come back to bite him if he did it that way. He's already potentially got Larson to watch out for. No sense making two enemies in two weeks.

How did Gordon have a better year ?? the final 4 had a better year or did I miss something ?

FYI he finished a solid 6th behind Kezelowski. reality?

There ya go, I'll make is simple enough so you can grasp it..all better now?

FYI he finished a solid 6th behind Kezelowski. reality?

There ya go, I'll make is simple enough so you can grasp it..all better now?

Not better......................... Newman finished 2nd in the championship, how is 6th better than 2nd ? please explain there einstien

I'm happy for Ryan Newman. The guy doesn't get the respect he deserves as a racer. He's a old school wheel man. Nobody did more with less this year than the 31. RCR just doesn't have the speed to beat the top teams anymore. Newman gave it his all. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Good, lord.

He's talking about Gordon finishing in 6th place behind Brad.

He was sort of agreeing with you to boot.

What the hell is "sort of agreeing" ? LOL I know where Gordon finished and it was BEHIND RYAN NEWMAN

Newman finished 2nd in the championship during his first year at RCR while Harvick only managed a best points finish of 3rd in all his years at RCR.

thanks Reck, I think he may have had a few adult beverages

I dont need some knucklehead like you to tell me where Gordon finished ................... my question was how did Gordon do better than Newman ?

Newman finished 2nd in the championship during his first year at RCR while Harvick only managed a best points finish of 3rd in all his years at RCR.

Harvick's year was more impressive.

Brand new spanking team, about the only one in that bunch worth a cent, won 5 races, 8 poles and the championship to boot.

He was being held back by mediocre equipment at RCR.

I'm thinking this year is as good as it will get for Newman. Still came up without a single win.

Newman coming so close is proof of exactly what is WRONG with this system. The championship should be the guy, or one of the guys, who had great seasons ALL YEAR...not who can luck their way into a final four then possibly pull out the championship. Today was Newman's best race of the year....ONE GOOD RACE...

proved what is exactly RIGHT with the system. The chase isn't for sissies, sudden death hurts, you don't get "overs" and "kingzettes". Newman played hardball with what he had, played his hand to the hilt and earned second place at the pay window.

People on here think kasey Kahne and greg biffle suck too

Some people just do alot more with less.

People say Kahne is sucking because he's not being on part with the equipment he is being given.

Kahne is best on a team that doesn't do alot. Makes him look better than he actually is.

Like for example, he would kill in the Furniture Row team. He would over perform every race as opose to under performing in a Hendrick car.

Some people just do alot more with less.

People say Kahne is sucking because he's not being on part with the equipment he is being given.

Kahne is best on a team that doesn't do alot. Makes him look better than he actually is.

Like for example, he would kill in the Furniture Row team. He would over perform every race as opose to under performing in a Hendrick car.

I'm a Kahne fan and I'd agree with that

proved what is exactly RIGHT with the system. The chase isn't for sissies, sudden death hurts, you don't get "overs" and "kingzettes". Newman played hardball with what he had, played his hand to the hilt and earned second place at the pay window.

Nine good ones. No wins, but got it done with an avg finish of about 7th.

Not bad.

If Newman had raced all year like he did today he probably wouldnt have made the chase :rolleyes:

If Newman had raced all year like he did today he probably wouldnt have made the chase :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter now, this season is in the books.

At least now everyone. Think about it this way, if this was in play. Dale Jr. would have won the championship last year with no wins...

It doesn't matter now, this season is in the books.

At least now everyone. Think about it this way, if this was in play. Dale Jr. would have won the championship last year with no wins...

Just remember the history books will say that Newman finished 2nd in the championship and Jeff a distant 6th :lol2:

Back
Top Bottom