Johanna Long

getting a women to do well at racing is trying to force a square peg in a round hole. That may sound sexist to some. To that I would say go drive a late model and get back to me. its not like your taking a leisurely drive on the interstate. I have driven a late model around a short track a couple different times. I can tell you after trying to go as fast as I dared for about 5 laps I was thinking holy crap, that was hard. I wasn't really doing it when the car was that hot inside or I was that hot and sweating. add that in and its even more difficult. This is why some of the guys like darrell and richard petty know danica can't win. I think danica could win on a plate track but outside of that I don't think it will ever happen. people that say otherwise don't know enough about the conditions to really have an opinion. Yes we have seen women do well in late models and in lower series. The difference there is the races are way way way shorter. like as in a 30 lap feature or main. falling out of the seat as they call it is a big deal. go to the track sometime and look at the cup drivers they are pretty darn trim and fit. Tony stewart is the exception to that. for some reason he has always been able to make that work for him. I suspect he would even be quite a bit better if he was in better shape.

getting a women to do well at racing is trying to force a square peg in a round hole. That may sound sexist to some. To that I would say go drive a late model and get back to me. its not like your taking a leisurely drive on the interstate. I have driven a late model around a short track a couple different times. I can tell you after trying to go as fast as I dared for about 5 laps I was thinking holy crap, that was hard. I wasn't really doing it when the car was that hot inside or I was that hot and sweating. add that in and its even more difficult. This is why some of the guys like darrell and richard petty know danica can't win. I think danica could win on a plate track but outside of that I don't think it will ever happen. people that say otherwise don't know enough about the conditions to really have an opinion. Yes we have seen women do well in late models and in lower series. The difference there is the races are way way way shorter. like as in a 30 lap feature or main. falling out of the seat as they call it is a big deal. go to the track sometime and look at the cup drivers they are pretty darn trim and fit. Tony stewart is the exception to that. for some reason he has always been able to make that work for him. I suspect he would even be quite a bit better if he was in better shape.
Go tell Johanna Long that she's too much of a sissy and girls cant drive a race car competitively. Before you do please let me know so I can be there with a Go-Pro. The video of the asskickin will probably get 50 million youtube hits.

Go tell Johanna Long that she's too much of a sissy and girls cant drive a race car competitively. Before you do please let me know so I can be there with a Go-Pro. The video of the asskickin will probably get 50 million youtube hits.
umm ok no one is calling anyone a sissy, if anything I called myself a sissy, by saying what I thought of getting speed from a race car on a short track. some people seem to think its just driving in circles. how hard do you drive into the corner, when can you pick up the gas. I didn't even have to deal with cars around me. your body is being thrown around, your sawing on the wheel, power steering or not. I suppose its not politically correct to just say men and women have different capabilities. Dispite lots of chances we just haven't seen a female succeed on a consistent basis really at any level of stock car racing. yes there are some late model wins here or there, those races are different they are shorter. The cars are also easier to have a distinct equipment advantage in. Its simply facts that is all. doesn't mean anyone is being down. why can't the truth just be said. women don't play football on a professional level.

Women only run well in Late Models because the races are only 30 laps and they're falling out of their seat afterwards? I'll be sure to enlighten Annabeth Barnes to these facts next time I talk to her. Thank you.

umm ok no one is calling anyone a sissy, if anything I called myself a sissy, by saying what I thought of getting speed from a race car on a short track. some people seem to think its just driving in circles. how hard do you drive into the corner, when can you pick up the gas. I didn't even have to deal with cars around me. your body is being thrown around, your sawing on the wheel, power steering or not. I suppose its not politically correct to just say men and women have different capabilities. Dispite lots of chances we just haven't seen a female succeed on a consistent basis really at any level of stock car racing. yes there are some late model wins here or there, those races are different they are shorter. The cars are also easier to have a distinct equipment advantage in. Its simply facts that is all. doesn't mean anyone is being down. why can't the truth just be said. women don't play football on a professional level.

Next time I talk to Haley Moody, I'll educate her about how women can't succeed on a consistent basis at any level of stock car racing. I'm sure she won't hesitate to remind me about the championship she won.

hmr_trackchampion_140916.jpg

Johanna Long won the Snowball Derby in 2010. It is 300 laps. You forgot a zero.

Johanna Long won the Snowball Derby in 2010. It is 300 laps. You forgot a zero.

Yeah, I must suck at math. I thought the Snowball Derby was 300 laps. I thought the Hampton Heat 200 that Annabeth Barnes had a very respectable run in a couple years ago was 200 laps, not 30. And I'm pretty sure I've seen her turn 300 laps at Motor Mile. And Haley 150 laps at Southern National. I must have counted those wrong. :rolleyes:

Did you really gossip this?? I know Hidesert Cowboy is BSing but was this necessary?

Keep your men points up Andy.

Yea, he really did tweet this thread to Annabeth Barnes.

I think It's funny. If a troll gets schooled so what.

I'm by no means on Cowboy's side in this and he had it coming but is everyone a troll because he has a set of different opinions than someone else? That's like the favorite card to play on here. Dont agree with you so you must be a troll.

The meaning of message board trolling is lost on many here.

I'm by no means on Cowboy's side in this and he had it coming but is everyone a troll because he has a set of different opinions than someone else? That's like the favorite card to play on here. Dont agree with you so you must be a troll.

The meaning of message board trolling is lost on many here.
Why should this matter to you? We were spoofing hi-de. :cheers:

I also threw in another caveat not just number of laps run when it comes to late model racing. Read carefully I also said its easier to have a distinct equipment advantage with those cars. I love the comments swearing up and down I am wrong, when they can't point to any actual racecar they have personally driven. Money and sponsorship drives racing. There is significant opportunity for women in racing. That is despite what alot of people think. If a women shows they can race their path will be easier to the top than any male showing equal talent. There is a whole lot more to the story than someone just being fast and maybe winning some races. delve deeper, how did they get there, is the car ultra tricked out compared to the competition? what kind of money is backing the operation? If all this stuff was easy every driver would come into the cup series and win races.

simply put there is no bias I see against women in racing. I see the opposite, I see opportunity instead. The same can be said about minorities. Nascar even gives money to fund women and minorities. They do it in the right place. They fund late model and K&N stuff so a driver can show there stuff there. can't show anything there its a waste of money. listen to some of what the people in our sport have said that ARE NOT afraid or simply its not within them to BS anyone. The petty's come to mind. kyle and richard speak the truth.

I also threw in another caveat not just number of laps run when it comes to late model racing. Read carefully I also said its easier to have a distinct equipment advantage with those cars. I love the comments swearing up and down I am wrong, when they can't point to any actual racecar they have personally driven. Money and sponsorship drives racing. There is significant opportunity for women in racing. That is despite what alot of people think. If a women shows they can race their path will be easier to the top than any male showing equal talent. There is a whole lot more to the story than someone just being fast and maybe winning some races. delve deeper, how did they get there, is the car ultra tricked out compared to the competition? what kind of money is backing the operation? If all this stuff was easy every driver would come into the cup series and win races.

simply put there is no bias I see against women in racing. I see the opposite, I see opportunity instead. The same can be said about minorities. Nascar even gives money to fund women and minorities. They do it in the right place. They fund late model and K&N stuff so a driver can show there stuff there. can't show anything there its a waste of money. listen to some of what the people in our sport have said that ARE NOT afraid or simply its not within them to BS anyone. The petty's come to mind. kyle and richard speak the truth.

Every time you talk, you make things worse.

It's actually harder for women to prove themselves. I've sat in the press box at Southern National and watched people turn Haley Moody in the wall on the straightaway, just because she was a girl. I've seen them wreck Annabeth Barnes, on purpose. Taylor Robbins gets wrecked every week, for no reason. I mean, I can do this all day long. If you're a girl and you're racing, you're expected to roll over and let the boys win. If anything, they have to work harder to earn respect and prove themselves.

And then, when a woman is successful, they get greeted by assholes like you who say that it was the car, not the driver, or that they were given the win (or championship, in Haley's case) because they're a woman.

Thinking women get ahead in this sport because they're women is some chauvinist thinking.

I've noticed that ass-hole is bleeped out but not assholes. lol what? An oxymoron.

I simply disagree with you. ever heard of drive for diversity?? That is a way for someone who is a women or minority to come into the sport without having a rich family. you wanna talk about barriers to entry?? its only fair if you look at all of them. where have most of the new drivers we have seen come from?? its either money or some family connection, which is also money. lets go down the list. So if your a white dude without alot of money how are you going to get a break in the sport. listen to what brad keselowski has said. he has said knowing everything he knows now without jr picking him up he gets NO shot. He said there is no jeff gordons going to show up anymore. The sport has changed. Gone are the chances to put in a guy that proves himself on talent alone largely. at least if you are a women or a minority you at least HAVE a chance. for everyone else its family connections and money connections.

the reason drivers might have issues with women on the track is simple. honestly if your a driver around danica are you comfortable racing around her? I wouldn't be. I would not wreck her but I would take a chance and try to get around and past quickly. If every driver around you is willing to take a chance with an aggressive move. its more chance for everyone to wreck. ask ricky stenhouse how safe its been racing around danica?

I simply disagree with you. ever heard of drive for diversity?? That is a way for someone who is a women or minority to come into the sport without having a rich family. you wanna talk about barriers to entry?? its only fair if you look at all of them. where have most of the new drivers we have seen come from?? its either money or some family connection, which is also money. lets go down the list. So if your a white dude without alot of money how are you going to get a break in the sport. listen to what brad keselowski has said. he has said knowing everything he knows now without jr picking him up he gets NO shot. He said there is no jeff gordons going to show up anymore. The sport has changed. Gone are the chances to put in a guy that proves himself on talent alone largely. at least if you are a women or a minority you at least HAVE a chance. for everyone else its family connections and money connections.

the reason drivers might have issues with women on the track is simple. honestly if your a driver around danica are you comfortable racing around her? I wouldn't be. I would not wreck her but I would take a chance and try to get around and past quickly. If every driver around you is willing to take a chance with an aggressive move. its more chance for everyone to wreck. ask ricky stenhouse how safe its been racing around danica?

So, white men have to overcome more barriers than women because of Drive for Diversity? And it's okay for people to wreck women because women can't drive? Dude, stop. Just stop. :XXROFL: Every time you post, you make yourself look dumber.

the reason drivers might have issues with women on the track is simple. honestly if your a driver around danica are you comfortable racing around her? I wouldn't be.

You should walk up to Haley Moody and tell her that she deserved to be wrecked (in a way that could have hurt her) because she's a woman and people should have issues with that. I'll pull my Flip out and hit record when she drops you to the ground and breaks your arm. :)

I think there's a kernel of truth to what hidesert cowboy says in the first paragraph when it comes to minority drivers. While the second paragraph is totally sexist, it is true that the only real people that have broken out in NASCAR over these last few years who don't have family conections are minority drivers - Kyle Larson and Darrell Wallace Jr. But Larson isn't just some token minority. Quite a few people have compared him to Jeff Gordon.

However, there still aren't any females besides Danica who have broken out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom