Kyle Larson

yeah for sure, guy gets hot, he can go right up the ladder, Larson had a super points day, got points for leading a lap and his finish, he was real close to the lower three that made the chase, and he had a much better points day than they all did.

According to Nascarski. :biggrin:

Additionally, as drivers are eliminated from the Rounds, their points total will be readjusted to the normal points format in sync with all other drivers in the field no longer in contention for the championship. This will allow all drivers not in contention for the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship to continue to race for the best possible season-long standing, with fifth place ultimately still up for grabs at the season finale.

In my sick and twisted mind, I would love for Larson or any other non chase driver to win the rest of the races, but Nascar has locked in the first 4 places.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...r-sprint-cup-championship-format-changes.html
One thing I hate about the new format, it's confusing as hell.

I was listening to Sirius Speedway yesterday and a caller asked Dave Moody a similar question, and he told the caller it worked as I described, with the top-16 spots in points all going to Chase drivers and non-Chasers able to finish no better than 17th. I guess we won't know for sure until after Dover. The Chase guys can still finish as high as 5th once eliminated, but I was pretty sure the non-Chase guys couldn't get back into the Top-16.

Last edited:
larson just needs ta continue ta fill notebook.....get seat time........and race like hell......like he's done all yr.

Reactions: sdj
You all already know I think he is quite the driver, but, Sunday, he showed us he can bring it if he has the car. He is calm cool and collected in his driving style but is not afraid to mix it up at all! Personally I thought it SUCKED when Gordon interrupted his after race interview to tell him what ever BS he had to say to him. Probably something like, Boy don't you know who I am, you can not be driving me like that!

He drove Gordon close, but, clean clean clean, best part of the Sunday race.
And you know that because you polished your crystal ball? Also he didn't interrupt the interview, he was there first. They both said it was a good conversation.

Personally I thought it SUCKED when Gordon interrupted his after race interview to tell him what ever BS he had to say to him. Probably something like, Boy don't you know who I am, you can not be driving me like that!

Jeff didnt interrupt anything... he was talking to him well before the reporter got to him. If I remember correctly, Larson even said that Gordon gave him some pointers on what to do and what not to do on those restarts (or something like that). Gordon has pretty much taken Larson under his wing and I can promise you it was just advice on what to do better for next time.

You all already know I think he is quite the driver, but, Sunday, he showed us he can bring it if he has the car. He is calm cool and collected in his driving style but is not afraid to mix it up at all! Personally I thought it SUCKED when Gordon interrupted his after race interview to tell him what ever BS he had to say to him. Probably something like, Boy don't you know who I am, you can not be driving me like that!

Florida-Keys-Fishing.jpg

Nice!

According to Nascarski. :biggrin:

Additionally, as drivers are eliminated from the Rounds, their points total will be readjusted to the normal points format in sync with all other drivers in the field no longer in contention for the championship. This will allow all drivers not in contention for the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship to continue to race for the best possible season-long standing, with fifth place ultimately still up for grabs at the season finale.

In my sick and twisted mind, I would love for Larson or any other non chase driver to win the rest of the races, but Nascar has locked in the first 4 places.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...r-sprint-cup-championship-format-changes.html
Yep, here it is, also from "Nascarski"...

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...e-nascar-sprint-cup-facts-faq-new-format.html

Q. What happens to a Chase Grid driver's points if he/she doesn’t advance to the next round of the Chase?

A. Drivers who don’t advance to the next round will have their point totals reset to the Chase-start base of 2,000 (with any regular-season wins bonus points), plus the additional points they’ve earned during the Chase.

So no, Kyle Larson cannot finish any higher than 17th in points this year.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...e-nascar-sprint-cup-facts-faq-new-format.html

Q. What happens to a Chase Grid driver's points if he/she doesn’t advance to the next round of the Chase?

A. Drivers who don’t advance to the next round will have their point totals reset to the Chase-start base of 2,000 (with any regular-season wins bonus points), plus the additional points they’ve earned during the Chase.

Lets call this the "Jr had the most points but didn't win" hidden fact rule.

I think the chase should crown the champion and everyone else put back to the non-chase points system so the full season has meaning.

I think the chase should crown the champion and everyone else put back to the non-chase points system so the full season has meaning.
I think that would make more sense. It's kind of odd that guys like Almirola and Allmendinger have clinched a 16th or better points finish because they had one really good race.

Here is the explanation from the nascar site, I posted the link above a while ago, I understand there are other sites saying what you are saying and for all I know the Nascar site could be wrong or right, typical cluster puck.

Here is the same thing from wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_for_the_Sprint_Cup

Starting in 2014, the Chase field—now officially known as the Chase Grid—starts with 16 drivers. These drivers are selected on the basis of races won during the first 26 races, with remaining places filled in order of season points. As in the 2011–13 period, all drivers on the Chase Grid have their points reset to 2,000, with a 3-point bonus for each win during the first 26 races. The new Chase now consists of four rounds, the first three of which consist of three races each and the last round being the newly renamed NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship. Any driver on the Chase Grid who wins a race in the first three rounds automatically advances to the next round. After each of the first three rounds, the four Chase Grid drivers with the fewest points are eliminated from the Grid, and their points are readjusted to the regular-season points scheme.

Last edited:
Larson is a good driver all around and is not afraid to drive his ride to the max, way cool to watch him in action.

I think I will ease up on the drag a little and see if anymore line gets taken.:D
Cant reel em in too green

Jeff didnt interrupt anything... he was talking to him well before the reporter got to him. If I remember correctly, Larson even said that Gordon gave him some pointers on what to do and what not to do on those restarts (or something like that). Gordon has pretty much taken Larson under his wing and I can promise you it was just advice on what to do better for next time.

Gordon should be getting Larson to explain the restart buisness and take some notes.

IMO Larson pulled every trick in the book, he side drafted, he blocked, he did the for lack of a better word, body slammed without contact (I think) , and he used the air to loosen up in the corners. So I wouldn't be surprised if Gordon had something to say, there wasn't any smiling and slapping each other on the back. Larson is going to jack some of them up, if they can't out drive him, they will try to bully him or give him friendly advice.

do they have to take the banner off the windshield and yellow off the cars when they are eliminated in various rounds??

Did you guys not watch the post race interviews? There was no issue between Gordon and Larson. Gordon actually did pat him on the back
That's the way i remember it happening. Jeff was just giving him some friendly advice.

I haven't been finishing in like 11 years because I refuse to buy a fishing license but gosh darn does that pic make me want to go fishing for some reason. :confused:
Lol goodluck finding the tarpon. Atleast where I live, they run once a year for about a month & you gotta be in the right hole @ the right time. Been tryna get one for 5 years now and we just catch blacktips all day.

I can see it now

Larson runs top 5 every week in the chase ..would have won championship under old points system......... RF.com burns down the internet

:D

It'll be close between her and Kyle.
closest driver to him is Dillion. Austin is having a great year, but not close to Larson. I don't see Austin being a threat unless he wins two or three races and so far he hasn't been close.

Larson is putting a whooping on everyone else in the ROTY battle. After Chicago he was up 257-197 on Dillon, who's actually closer to guys like Allgaier (165), Annett (154), and Whitt (153).

Dillon finished 10 places ahead of Allgaier today so he has some breathing room on "second best" rookie of the year.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom